V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 27, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #6,797 of 23,366
Quote:
Sony has new mdr-x10 for $299.  I wonder how they compare to the m-100 (same price)?  Still like Val's personal attention and and customer support.

X10 will be overpriced version of XB800/900 with "celebrity endorsement" behind it and has lots of "cheap looking painted plastic", I don't know why some1 would even compare it to M100. XB900/800 however that costs twice as little that just has a little fewer accessories (no case) and non removable cable at $150 might be fairly OK though for the same sound as X10 at $300 (I hope you do buy headphones primarily for the sound)

My point being, X10 is irrelevant, XB800/900 might be ok at its price point for bass lovers, you can already tell X10 will be overpriced if the MSRP for XB800/900 is $149 which is the same headphone in a different package.

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #6,798 of 23,366
Concerning the White finish, I was anticipating it to exhibit a level of garishness that boosted appeal for those more hip than I.  While it does come off as attention-grabbing in the latest crop of photos, I was wrong to assume that their allure would be at all inhibiting -- they're downright debonair!  Very tastefully done!

We have glamour shots for the Matte (official) and White. (unofficial)  Where's our Shadow eye candy?

EDIT:

Quote:

Still like Val's personal attention and and customer support.

Agreed.  There's certainly a level of value in the experience that's wholly unrivaled by competing products.  Compounding the personalized, handwritten note with the personal approach to quality control yields a level of credence for which there is no precedent.

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #6,799 of 23,366
I'm starting to regret not getting in on the pre-order.  I guess I'll have to st... er.. borrow Anakchan's at some point. 
wink_face.gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #6,800 of 23,366
x2 - was hesitant on the pre-order and when I finally decided a couple of days later, the page was down. 
blink.gif

Val, do we get a second chance? 
L3000.gif

Quote:
I'm starting to regret not getting in on the pre-order.  I guess I'll have to st... er.. borrow Anakchan's at some point. 
wink_face.gif

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #6,801 of 23,366
Quote:

X10 will be overpriced version of XB800/900 with "celebrity endorsement" behind it and has lots of "cheap looking painted plastic", I don't know why some1 would even compare it to M100. XB900/800 however that costs twice as little that just has a little fewer accessories (no case) and non removable cable at $150 might be fairly OK though for the same sound as X10 at $300 (I hope you do buy headphones primarily for the sound)

My point being, X10 is irrelevant, XB800/900 might be ok at its price point for bass lovers, you can already tell X10 will be overpriced if the MSRP for XB800/900 is $149 which is the same headphone in a different package.

My thoughts exactly.  I just wanted to hear it from someone else and make sure I was making the right decision.  M-100 are on top of my next purchase list.  Missed the pre-order,  hope i can wait for mass production.

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #6,802 of 23,366
Ugh, just got this in the email from V-Moda Concierge 

"Dear V-MODA Customer,
Thank you for purchasing the M-100 pre-production unit. You will be happy to know that your heaphones have arrived at our office and are in the final stages of verification before we ship them out to you.
With regards to the customs shields you ordered, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we are currently unable to laser engrave your custom artwork on extra brushed metal shields. However, if you would like, we would be happy to have your artwork done on metal shields of a different color. Here is the full list of shield colors you can choose from

1. Matte Black
  2. Shiny Black
  3. Croc Skin Black
  4. Gunmetal
  5. Gold
  6. Crimson Red
  7. Pink
  8. Dark Purple
  9. Hawk Green
  10. Midnight Blue
  11. Ocean Blue
  12. Sun Orange"

Did anyone else get this email as well or am I the only one? This really sucks. I really don't want any other shield color.  None of them really work for me.  I was really looking forward to rocking the M-100s with brushed metal shields. Majorly disappointed now ><

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #6,803 of 23,366
Dear V-MODA Customer,

Thank you for purchasing the M-100 pre-production unit. You will be happy to know that your heaphones have arrived at our office and are in the final stages of verification before we ship them out to you.

With regards to the customs shields you ordered, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we are currently unable to laser engrave your custom artwork on extra brushed metal shields. However, if you would like, we would be happy to have your artwork done on metal shields of a different color. Here is the full list of shield colors you can choose from

Matte Black
Shiny Black
Croc Skin Black
Gunmetal
Gold
Crimson Red
Pink
Dark Purple
Hawk Green
Midnight Blue
Ocean Blue
Sun Orange
Please send an email to customs@v-moda.com with your order number and new shield color choice. We apologize for the inconvenience and really appreciate your patience. Please contact our concierge team if you have any questions.

Thank you,

V-MODA Concierge

I just received this email from V-Moda. I'm so bummed that I can't get my shield design with the brushed metal shields.

Val would it be to much to ask to send the brushed metal shields blank and put my design on a extra pair of matte black shields at no cost? The brushed shields were the only other shields I wanted.

EDIT*( I assumed that the brushed metal shields were having quality control issues. If they're not in stock could they be shipped later?)

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #6,804 of 23,366
I got the same email. Really disappointing, but I'd much rather pick an alternate colour than shipping being delayed as a result. That said, I'm a little confused as to their meaning - since I ordered blank brushed shields. I'm assuming that when it says they can't engrave on them, they mean it's because they don't have any in stock to actually engrave on. Val implied as much a few pages back.

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:14 PM Post #6,805 of 23,366
For me, I'd rather have mine delayed so I can get the brushed metal shields.  Or maybe send the brushed metal shields separately when they become available (I'm assuming the unforseen circumstance is they ran out of stock).  As much as I really wanna get the M-100s, they need to be perfect for me or else I'll constantly have this nagging voice in my head telling me that the shields are "wrong" and don't fit the style I want =T

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #6,806 of 23,366
I got the same email. Really disappointing, but I'd much rather pick an alternate colour than shipping being delayed as a result. That said, I'm a little confused as to their meaning - since I ordered blank brushed shields. I'm assuming that when it says they can't engrave on them, they mean it's because they don't have any in stock to actually engrave on. Val implied as much a few pages back.

I assumed that they were having trouble engraving the brushed metal shields. I hope it doesn't delay shipping.

Sep 27, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #6,808 of 23,366
As far as engraving shields go, Val did say that they were waiting on the brushed metal shields a few pages back. But the fact that they can't do it makes me a sad panda. But! I know that they're devilishly fast at engraving shields, and even if it did take them a wee bit longer to engrave, it won't matter too much. So Matte Black here I go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back