V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #6,826 of 23,366
Sorry Shadow and brushed metal friends, let me clarify as there is another option.  For Shadow customers, if you want we can engrave the installed brushed metal shields, we'll put them back on the unit and GIVE you an extra set of any color you want.  I'll huddle with the six-star team in the morning to discuss.

Also if we have any volunteers to move from Matte Black to Shadow or White Silver, we are a tad short of Matte Black Metal colors as every retail store buyer in the planet and their mother wants a "sample".  I am happy for the excitement, but these are going to be rare commodities throughout 2012 at least even with the next MP2 run.

(ANNOUNCER VOICE FROM HBO) AND NOW... V-MODA UNVEILS THE SPELLBINDING, RIVETING... M-100 SHADOW!!!

-v

Wow, that simply looks stunning. :eek:
I would have ordered the Shadow in a heartbeat were it not for my hair colour being black. I might actually regret not getting the Shadow...it looks that good.

Sep 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #6,827 of 23,366
This is also a chance for white lovers to change their orders ^^.

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #6,829 of 23,366
The only thing that bothers me is the headband of the Shadow theme. I'm not a big fan of the stitches and the fabric used. I prefer the Lp2 styled headbands....Got the Shadow anyways though.

Sep 28, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #6,830 of 23,366
AnakChan...Thanks for the sneak peak. I genuinely fear the indignity of soiling myself when strapping into the M-100's for the first time. I too shall wear diapers.  Also, could you listen to the track "716" by Merzbow during your analysis of the M-100's.  Greatly anticipating your impressions!

Sep 28, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #6,831 of 23,366
Any pictures of the Matt black for comparison? Maybe with different coloured shields?

Sep 28, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #6,833 of 23,366
Quote:

The only thing that bothers me is the headband of the Shadow theme. I'm not a big fan of the stitches and the fabric used. I prefer the Lp2 styled headbands....Got the Shadow anyways though.

Conversely, the headband is what attracts me to Shadow.  I've owned dozens of headphones with (p)leather headbands, but never cloth/microsuede.  It is an aggressive scheme and certainly limiting of shield color options, but for the sake of variety I'm pleased with my ordering flub.  Matte is more my aesthetic, but I'm happy to be given a nudge away from my comfort zone on occasion.

Quote:
Also, could you listen to the track "716" by Merzbow during your analysis of the M-100's.

Thumbs up for Masami Akita! 
beerchug.gif

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #6,834 of 23,366

Conversely, the headband is what attracts me to Shadow.  I've owned dozens of headphones with (p)leather headbands, but never cloth/microsuede.  It is an aggressive scheme and certainly limiting of shield color options, but for the sake of variety I'm pleased with my ordering flub.  Matte is more my aesthetic, but I'm happy to be given a nudge away from my comfort zone on occasion.

Thumbs up for Masami Akita! :beerchug:

The microsuede is definitely an interesting use of materials. I don't know of any other headphone that use it. When I tried the Shadow M-80, it felt...different. I feel like it would get worn out pretty easily over time, but since I don't own the M-80 I wouldn't know.

I listened to one of Merzbow's songs for 10 seconds before turning it off and thinking "what the Pho did I just listen to?...I would listen to dubstep any time, any day before whatever this "music" is." And that's saying a lot since I don't particularly care for dubstep. >.>

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #6,836 of 23,366
For me, it stood between Shadow and White. The matteblack are so boring. 
Went with the white because of the shieldoptions, I prefer the stock Shadow if we're only comparing stockcolors.

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:40 AM Post #6,838 of 23,366
The shadow looks gorgeous and classy as expected. But I do have my sights set on a matte black since I already have a Shadow M-80 and a Pearl M-80. Time to complete the trio with my Matte Black M-100!

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #6,839 of 23,366
Quote:
I listened to one of Merzbow's songs for 10 seconds before turning it off and thinking "what the Pho did I just listen to?...I would listen to dubstep any time, any day before whatever this "music" is." And that's saying a lot since I don't particularly care for dubstep. >.>

30+ years judged on a ten second sampling?!  Blasphemy!

Kidding, of course.  You're entitled to your opinion.  I'm less frequently in a state of mind conducive to his solo din (stated affectionately) than I was previously, but I'll always be keen to his vast body of collaborative work.

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #6,840 of 23,366
Quote:

I had never heard Merzbow before either, and after hearing Miceblue give this...interesting description of it, I had to look him up.

I first found 1930, and...rather unfortunately, had my 2.1 speaker setup on a little loud. Needless to say, I was both spooked as hell and in a bit of pain at first. After turning the volume way down, I listened onward and sampled his other albums.

I understand the appeal of his music. It's like a Modernist fine art sort of thing. It also picks traces up from Post-Electro and Post-Rock. It's very interesting, but I'll don't think I could really become a fan. I'm all for static and noise incorporated into music, but I don't think I can stand a hour-long album composed solely of that. I'd go insane.

Maybe that was Merzbow's intent..? (Getting artsy in here).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back