V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #6,856 of 23,366
Quote:

Have you come across any yet that don't meet your standards?  If by chance a few don't, do you still have enough on hand to fill all the preorders?

Should I dare to dream these will ship early next week?

Thank you for the head start on burn-in :)

Now...hold on. One thing is testing....

Val, what is the average time the VTF's stay plugged in?

As much as I want my headphones to be A-OK....burning them in, is considered cheating in my book.

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #6,857 of 23,366
Quote:
Now...hold on. One thing is testing....

Val, what is the average time the VTF's stay plugged in?

As much as I want my headphones to be A-OK....burning them in, is considered cheating in my book.

Don't worry, the V man will make absolutely sure that your cables are unburned virgins. You can have fun burning in your cables for hours on end instead of your headphones.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S.
Yes there are people who think a cable needs to be burned in for hours to sound it's best and no I'm not one of them. I just can't help being a smart ass sometimes

Sep 28, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #6,859 of 23,366
Quote:
Don't worry, the V man will make absolutely sure that your cables are unburned virgins. You can have fun burning in your cables for hours on end instead of your headphones.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S.
Yes there are people who think a cable needs to be burned in for hours to sound it's best and no I'm not one of them. I just can't help being a smart ass sometimes

Even if he doesn't burn-in mine after reading this, is he burning-in the rest? vs. just testing them.

Sep 29, 2012 at 1:04 AM Post #6,861 of 23,366
Quote:
Even if he doesn't burn-in mine after reading this, is he burning-in the rest? vs. just testing them.

He has 300 units to run through + writing thank you notes. Given that he's had from wednesday to let's say saturday to test, that gives him a maximum of 120 hours to work through 300 headphones if he doesn't eat or sleep. That's a pretty small amount of time for a burn-in, and Craigster was probably just saying that in jest.

Sep 29, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #6,864 of 23,366
If I break my M80s a second time, is it still covered by the warranty? If not, oh well. I guess its about time the sound stopped working in one ear. 

**Nevermind, I just broke the cord, I switched it and it works fine. That's a relief. I can't believe I've already gone through 2 cords already in one year. I guess I'm a little too abusive.

Sep 29, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #6,865 of 23,366
Can anybody with a pair of LPs measure the inside of the cups? I want to see if my ears can fit inside haha

Sep 29, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #6,868 of 23,366
Quote:
He has 300 units to run through + writing thank you notes. Given that he's had from wednesday to let's say saturday to test, that gives him a maximum of 120 hours to work through 300 headphones if he doesn't eat or sleep. That's a pretty small amount of time for a burn-in, and Craigster was probably just saying that in jest.

Yes, just my attempt at humor.

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #6,869 of 23,366
How is preordering works for the next batch of M100?

The first batch consist of 300 units, that means during preordering , they only allowed 300 people to order right? So it is a first come first save basis.

So the next batch , if it will come very soon, how do we know about it?
I have the money to order the M-100 and I really do not want to miss the boat this time.
I wonder if it is possible to make a list of people here that are 100% buying and be for sure to get one when it is available?

I have an M-80 right now and going back to Amazon. I do not think on ear is for me....

One more question, I hooked up my M-80 to my 3rd Gen Ipod touch. The sound is good enough using acoustic setting, but I was surprised how the Galaxy S3 phone sounds better with the M-80 hooked up into it. I kinda like the 3D surround sound setting on the Galaxy S3 EQ. I think it is called Virtual 7.1 ch settings.

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #6,870 of 23,366
Quote:
How is preordering works for the next batch of M100?
The first batch consist of 300 units, that means during preordering , they only allowed 300 people to order right? So it is a first come first save basis.
So the next batch , if it will come very soon, how do we know about it?
I have the money to order the M-100 and I really do not want to miss the boat this time.
I wonder if it is possible to make a list of people here that are 100% buying and be for sure to get one when it is available?
I have an M-80 right now and going back to Amazon. I do not think on ear is for me....
One more question, I hooked up my M-80 to my 3rd Gen Ipod touch. The sound is good enough using acoustic setting, but I was surprised how the Galaxy S3 phone sounds better with the M-80 hooked up into it. I kinda like the 3D surround sound setting on the Galaxy S3 EQ. I think it is called Virtual 7.1 ch settings.

It's because all Apple products have really crappy DAC's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back