V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 20, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #6,484 of 23,366
I vote delay, take your time Val and check each unit.  :)

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #6,488 of 23,366
Quote:
 BTW, we are completely sold out for a long time and every unit is going to be a scarce resource through the end of 2012 at least.

-v

Hey Val.  Are you saying there will be no way to order M-100s directly from V-Moda or from one of your resellers through the end of the year? Seems rather odd for the product to be sold out before it's officially released.  Or are you simply sold out in terms of pre-selling units to your distributor/resellers... and they will then sell to the public, with a limited initial quantity being the issue?  Basically, if you did not make the early 'insiders' purchase, what will be the best way to purchase a set in the foreseeable future?  THANKS.

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #6,490 of 23,366
Hmmmmmm get them maybe only a few days earlier or get a personal signed certificate of approval from the head of the company saying that this product is awesome and by proxy I'm awesome for buying it before anyone else?

I think I'll settle for the latter

At this point I think the overwhelming majority is in favor of delaying for a few days

Sep 20, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #6,492 of 23,366
Quote:

Hey Val.  Are you saying there will be no way to order M-100s directly from V-Moda or from one of your resellers through the end of the year? Seems rather odd for the product to be sold out before it's officially released.  Or are you simply sold out in terms of pre-selling units to your distributor/resellers... and they will then sell to the public, with a limited initial quantity being the issue?  Basically, if you did not make the early 'insiders' purchase, what will be the best way to purchase a set in the foreseeable future?  THANKS.

I'd like to get clarity on this too, I'd assumed I'd be able to buy an M-100 as soon as it was officially released! Or is the "sold out" thing just for the pre-release VTF-100s, which would make sense? Hope you didn't have to be in the special pre-release "club" just to get your hands on an M-100 this year... :frowning2:

Sep 20, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #6,493 of 23,366
Quote:

I'd like to get clarity on this too, I'd assumed I'd be able to buy an M-100 as soon as it was officially released! Or is the "sold out" thing just for the pre-release VTF-100s, which would make sense? Hope you didn't have to be in the special pre-release "club" just to get your hands on an M-100 this year... :frowning2:

While it'd be great to have Val chime in on this, iirc, as they've started actual official production last week, I *believe* that Val is referring to seller distribution. He was talking earlier about how he's already set up distribution in Japan and US and how both areas already want every single unit he can churn out, and he still needs to set up European distribution. So he's expecting that units are going to be flying off the shelves with places demanding more supply, something like when the newest iPhone comes out or when the Wii came out

*probably*

Sep 20, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #6,495 of 23,366
I ordered matte black M-100 with gunmetal--I loved the look on the LP2 for the short while I owned them (returned to V-MODA 'cause I heard about M-100). I'll post pics when they arrive!

Thank you!!! I may go for gun metal as well since I don't want a very bright, shiny silver. Can't wait to see your photos!

A delay will be worth it. It's not everyday indeed that the CEO will personally QC check your headphones and sign off on them before they go out to you. There's something very beautiful about that. Gotta love V-MODA! Oh and thanks Val for torturing me with that photo of the gorgeous M-100.

Question: Val, will the matte black M-100 also come but a black speakeasy cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back