V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 20, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #6,466 of 23,366
As much as I need new headphones stat, and as much as I've been waiting for these, I vote for the sign off/certificat/whatever it is Val wants to do in terms of signing and final checking.

I'm going to be the only one in my college with M-100's for a while, AND they'll be QC'd personally, and signed off on. Doesn't happen often.:wink:

Sep 20, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #6,468 of 23,366
An early gift for the people...

Sep 20, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #6,474 of 23,366
Quote:
Saw someone with LP2s with silver shields - I'm now set on the Matte Black M-100 as I know they will look gorgeous, especially with some nice silver shields to go with them.

I ordered matte black M-100 with gunmetal--I loved the look on the LP2 for the short while I owned them (returned to V-MODA 'cause I heard about M-100). I'll post pics when they arrive!

Sep 20, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #6,475 of 23,366
Quote:
So, to talk more about the shipping.  First they go from factory to LA.  Then from LA to you as I was going to sign/listen to them all.  But if you want me to bypass that by a vote as my team already listened to each unit, I can get them to you a few days sooner.  BTW, we are completely sold out for a long time and every unit is going to be a scarce resource through the end of 2012 at least.

-v

PS - I just thought it would be cool that I personally verify every unit, that just shows what type of company we are...  so I vote I delay a few days and just do it contrary to normal "for profit" organizations

Val, I'm with you on this. I'd love to have your personal a-ok before they come my way.
As excited as I am to receive the M-100, I'm more stoked that you're even willing to give each unit a listen. That shows incredible dedication to your art (as if we didn't already know). Do your thing.

Sep 20, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #6,477 of 23,366
An early gift for the people...

YiHC1.jpg

Sexy. Really sexy phones indeed.

Sep 20, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #6,478 of 23,366
So, to talk more about the shipping.  First they go from factory to LA.  Then from LA to you as I was going to sign/listen to them all.  But if you want me to bypass that by a vote as my team already listened to each unit, I can get them to you a few days sooner.  BTW, we are completely sold out for a long time and every unit is going to be a scarce resource through the end of 2012 at least.

-v

PS - I just thought it would be cool that I personally verify every unit, that just shows what type of company we are...  so I vote I delay a few days and just do it contrary to normal "for profit" organizations

I vote for a delay.

Sep 20, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #6,479 of 23,366
V-MODA is one of few companies, if not the only one, that I've actually come to respect. That's right, respect. The way Val and co. do business with their customers is something every company, audio-related or not, should learn from.

As an owner of M-80, VAMP, and (soon-to-be) M-100, I feel honored. I felt great when I purchased my $2,000 Fostex TH900 headphones, proud to be an owner of such high-end stuff. But not really honored. On the other hand, V-MODA makes each of its customers feel like a VIP, striving to perfect their products to our satisfaction, tested one by one by the founder himself, giving us the choice of freely customizing our own gears, providing special offers to those loyal customers like us. Thank you, V-MODA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back