V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 24, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #5,521 of 23,366
Evshrug I agree great, high-end SQ would be a eureka indeed, and if V-MODA could ever pull that off in a NC can, I would be seriously impressed and not to mention, a happy camper. They would pull something other companies (Senn, Denon, AT, Bose etc.) haven't been able to IMO.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #5,522 of 23,366
Quote:
How did you get to where you played for money? If you think this is too off topic, feel free to PM me.

Through building a reputation (locally and online) and being invited/urged to attend tournaments.  I co-organized one (didn't compete in it, of course, but commentated) and was consulted on others.  I played FPS exclusively, but funnily enough it's been my least-played genre for years now.  Too repetitious and most are more "twitch" than "skill."

Back on topic...

Aug 25, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #5,524 of 23,366
Although not that relative to the question, my white LP headband doesn't get dirty that easily. Haha, just don't do anything stupid like touching it with hands smeared with art charcoal....and that's why I always stick with black colors. My hands are almost eternally black from the charcoal. But yea, hope someone else gives more useful information than this.

Aug 25, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #5,526 of 23,366
Quote:
Also tinyman,
I don't know where you got "Analytical headphones tend to have a small sound stage." The AD700 and AKG K701 are both considered "Analytical" and also have two of the largest soundstages of any headphone. I think that it's ironic that your statement is exactly the kind of misinformation you bashed BRS for yesterday. Almost as ironic that you don't like the term noob, but you have it in every post as your signature.

I concur. I don't know where tinyman392 got that idea. The Shure SRH940 has one of the largest soundstages I have ever heard in a closed-back headphone, being slightly narrower than the Denon AH-D7000.

Quote:
What did I learn in Kindergarten?

Back on topic, although the SharePlay™ cable seems like a good idea, I was expecting something more of a Y-cable split rather than having a "second" cable sticking out of the jack.
Something along the lines of the Fanny Wang headphone splitter was what I had in mind, and it looks more elegant in my honest opinion. Hopefully the SharePlay™ cable comes with a "hook" of some sort to prevent it from being tangled with the main cable.

Aug 25, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #5,527 of 23,366
Quote:
Although not that relative to the question, my white LP headband doesn't get dirty that easily. Haha, just don't do anything stupid like touching it with hands smeared with art charcoal...

WHITE CLEANLINESS
The white was tested first to mitigate this risk for years by me, Paul Oakenfold, _iesto, EDX and 50+ others on tour during development and never got dirty...  I won't go into details how it works but we thought about this a LOT.  You can Youtube/Google and see videos before it launched and we always used white to test this.

WHITE CASE IS EZ TO CLEAN
Our white case will get catch some black marks sometimes I've found, but it can be cleaned off by a lil water and a cloth instantly.  

Aug 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #5,528 of 23,366
Quote:

WHITE CLEANLINESS
The white was tested first to mitigate this risk for years by me, Paul Oakenfold, _iesto, EDX and 50+ others on tour during development and never got dirty...  I won't go into details how it works but we thought about this a LOT.  You can Youtube/Google and see videos before it launched and we always used white to test this.

WHITE CASE IS EZ TO CLEAN
Our white case will get catch some black marks sometimes I've found, but it can be cleaned off by a lil water and a cloth instantly.  

Thanks Val, glad to see this was so rigorously tested. I think I'll go with the white now, it looks so clean!

Aug 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #5,530 of 23,366
Quote:
Speaking of noise canceling, I just tried a pair of monster inspiration active noise canceling headphones and I must say, I was quite impressed. Anyone else who heard it?

I heard the passive isolation version.  I was impressed as well.  I'm expecting the M100s to be better though. 

Aug 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #5,531 of 23,366
Quote:
Evshrug I agree great, high-end SQ would be a eureka indeed, and if V-MODA could ever pull that off in a NC can, I would be seriously impressed and not to mention, a happy camper. They would pull something other companies (Senn, Denon, AT, Bose etc.) haven't been able to IMO.

Why poison? Just curious. I think it would help people like me who want great SQ while having NC capability, something we have not heard in a NC can.

Why is it poison? because you want to turn V-moda into beats, and its getting annoying, a noise cancelling MIC is fine, by that I mean one that does not pick up keyboard noise or something, But ANC for isolation is disgusting, it will always negatively affect SQ, the technology has only sort of been pulled off by bose and then still its half the attenuation of CIEMs, if you want isolation get CIEMs stop with this ridiculous crusade of NC when its detrimental. 
Your actually starting to really annoy me with these half baked ideas. Because this is not the first one you have had.

Quote:
Also tinyman,
I don't know where you got "Analytical headphones tend to have a small sound stage." The AD700 and AKG K701 are both considered "Analytical" and also have two of the largest soundstages of any headphone. I think that it's ironic that your statement is exactly the kind of misinformation you bashed BRS for yesterday. Almost as ironic that you don't like the term noob, but you have it in every post as your signature.
WiR3D, I think you have the ideal recipe there. It's "funny" how many gaming headsets don't actually achieve that. I think the choices in "made for gaming" headsets are limited right now, but I feel I'm very well served in gaming with my AKG Q701 and external mic.

Agreed Tinyman you give half baked opinions aswell, analytical cans are revealing and bring out some micro details that would not normally be heard, which is useful in picking up leaves rustling and distant movement. 

Experience + logic + reading = problem solved (fyi my job is problem solving with rules and limitations.)
My final point about isolation was to illustrate it will not be a train smash for most consumers if it doesn't, it will obviously be better if it does, but no train smash.

Quote:
If you ask me, a good noise cancelling mic should be on that list.  It sucks to have a mic that picks up your keyboard and everything around you.

I don't know... Fine the mic should not pic up any noise, thought that was really a goal of having a good mic but no ANC for isolation reasons. 

Quote:
There is some problem with what you want.  Analytical sound implies some boosted treble.  So Analytical may not be the term you're looking for.  Maybe a sweet, mid-range focused sound with a warmth to it would be better.  This has a focused midrange with a bit of sub-bass (to provide warmth) but detailing in the midrange and vocal regions. 

Furthermore, Analytical phones tend to have a small sound stage. 

Firstly we have already said how horribly misinformed this post is regarding analytical, and secondly warmth is the OPPOSITE of what you want, it really covers flaws and small details in the favour of flavour. And we don't give a rats about flavour, we want details, and we want them in an accurate soundfield, and easily identifiable.

Aug 25, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #5,533 of 23,366
Quote:

I don't know... Fine the mic should not pic up any noise, thought that was really a goal of having a good mic but no ANC for isolation reasons. 

Well yes, noise cancellation doesn't have to just be for isolation!  A good mic shouldn't pick up environmental noise.  It's rather annoying to always hear keyboard clicking and loud fans in the background, especially if someone decides to just leave their mic broadcasting all the time.

Aug 25, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #5,534 of 23,366
Well yes, noise cancellation doesn't have to just be for isolation!  A good mic shouldn't pick up environmental noise.  It's rather annoying to always hear keyboard clicking and loud fans in the background, especially if someone decides to just leave their mic broadcasting all the time.

Such a microphone can be done. I don't know how they designed it, but there is an Etymotic video of a guy driving on the highway with his window down, I think even with the radio on, but all you hear is his voice. For voice pickup, I found that mighty impressive.

Ah, here it is:
http://www.etymotic.com/video/etyblu2_techinthecityhnl.html

But yeah, detachable boom mic would be awesome

Aug 25, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #5,535 of 23,366
Quote:
Such a microphone can be done. I don't know how they designed it, but there is an Etymotic video of a guy driving on the highway with his window down, I think even with the radio on, but all you hear is his voice. For voice pickup, I found that mighty impressive.
Ah, here it is:
http://www.etymotic.com/video/etyblu2_techinthecityhnl.html
But yeah, detachable boom mic would be awesome

I think they probably just have two mics, one near your mouth and one away from it - and it removes the sounds that are louder in the farther mic and boosts the ones that are louder in the closer one.  At least, this is just my guess as to how they work. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back