V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 21, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #5,236 of 23,366
I'm a little confused on what exactly I'm receiving. There was mention before that there will be extra shields or something which I'm now confused about. If I decide to include a signature, will it appear on the color of the shield I pick? 

Also, how much does the m100 weigh?? And in size comparison, will it be bigger/smaller than the ATH-M50? I'm returning my ath-m50 because I found them too big and heavy and the cable too long for my taste. 

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #5,237 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm a little confused on what exactly I'm receiving. There was mention before that there will be extra shields or something which I'm now confused about. If I decide to include a signature, will it appear on the color of the shield I pick? 

Also, how much does the m100 weigh?? And in size comparison, will it be bigger/smaller than the ATH-M50? I'm returning my ath-m50 because I found them too big and heavy and the cable too long for my taste. 

You will get a M-100 standard package + extra accessories: a 3rd cable (I believe) and a 2nd set of shields (colour and custom design of your choice). The M-100 already comes with 1 set of shields: white has non-reflective silver shields, matte black has matte black shields, shadow has brushed aluminum shields.

Weight is unknown, but in comparison to the size of the M50, it should be a little bigger (driver of the M-100 is 50mm vs the 45mm M50). However the M-100 has memory foam earpads, which is much more comfortable to wear, in my opinion, than the standard pleather/foam of the M50. Also the cable of the M-100 is removable and much shorter than the M50.

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #5,238 of 23,366
Quote:
You will get a M-100 standard package + extra accessories: a 3rd cable (I believe) and a 2nd set of shields (colour and custom design of your choice). The M-100 already comes with 1 set of shields: white has non-reflective silver shields, matte black has matte black shields, shadow has brushed aluminum shields.

Weight is unknown, but in comparison to the size of the M50, it should be a little bigger (driver of the M-100 is 50mm vs the 45mm M50). The cable of the M-100 is removable and is much shorter than the M50 though.

This is a great reply thanks. Okay so the matte black comes with black shields. If there weren't going to be these extra shields, I was going to go with Brushed black anyways. So might as well customize some shields with cool color. I hope you're telling the truth!! And it sucks the m100 is going to be bigger than the athm50, but at least it will be more stylish. I think I'll go for the m100!!

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #5,239 of 23,366
Quote:
This is a great reply thanks. Okay so the matte black comes with black shields. If there weren't going to be these extra shields, I was going to go with Brushed black anyways. So might as well customize some shields with cool color. I hope you're telling the truth!! And it sucks the m100 is going to be bigger than the athm50, but at least it will be more stylish. I think I'll go for the m100!!

On another note about the mass, the LP2 is actually lighter than the M50 (260 g vs 284 g), so the M-100 might have a similar mass.

Example of standard shadow vs standard matte black (it is not confirmed if shadow will have a red inner-headband or not, but it probably will):

Aug 21, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #5,240 of 23,366
Quote:
And on another note about the mass, the LP2 is actually lighter than the M50 (260 g vs 284 g), so the M-100 might have a similar mass.

Good point, I'll hope for the best. Also, I'm thinking about including a signature. What color will the signature be and where would it be placed and how big? I can't find any examples online. 

Aug 21, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #5,241 of 23,366
Quote:
Good point, I'll hope for the best. Also, I'm thinking about including a signature. What color will the signature be and where would it be placed and how big? I can't find any examples online. 

Something like this maybe? (this is what the shadow colour scheme is expected to look like, though with the brushed aluminum shields instead of red):

Engravings will always be silver (in your custom black/white art, black will be engraved). You have to specify how big and where the signature will be.
Information about this can be found here: https://v-moda.com/crossfade-customs-logo-requirements/

Many people here are ordering their custom artwork on matte black shields since it has the most contrast. I wanted some colour in my layout so I decided to get ocean blue...though the artwork might not show up as well.

Aug 21, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #5,242 of 23,366
I don't see anywhere for a chance to include details about the signature (size and location). Once you fill out the info, next step is to simply check out your order 
blink.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #5,243 of 23,366
Quote:
I don't see anywhere for a chance to include details about the signature (size and location). Once you fill out the info, next step is to simply check out your order 
blink.gif

I'm not quite sure what's being asked here, but if your signature is your design, they'll center it. Not sure about size. Either they upscale it and have the artist redraw it so that it can be a vector or they keep it that size as you sent it. That or you use the custom templates they provide you, keep it as a psd/illustrator file, and let the artist see how large you want it and where you want it relative to the shield.

Aug 21, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #5,244 of 23,366
Quote:

I have had the LP2s and the ATHM50s and if I remember correctly the LP2s and almost the same exact size, but they are lighter.  This is all from memory.  They are also quite a bit more comfortable and easier to wear with glasses because of the memory foam pads.  The M50s I could not wear with my glasses on.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #5,245 of 23,366
I don't see anywhere for a chance to include details about the signature (size and location). Once you fill out the info, next step is to simply check out your order :blink:

If you're talking about Val's signature as separate from your shield design, the shield thread is probably the best place to check. That said, I thought the shields would be your design, and Val's signature would be somewhere else (like the headband).

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #5,246 of 23,366
Quote:
If you're talking about Val's signature as separate from your shield design, the shield thread is probably the best place to check. That said, I thought the shields would be your design, and Val's signature would be somewhere else (like the headband).

I get that there may be some people that actually want Val's signature on the headphones, but I honestly hope he doesn't do that. I'd prefer (if he's going to sign anything anyhow) that it would be the box or a insert/pamphlet etc. I really wouldn't expect him to sign anything and don't really think that it's necessary for him to do so.  I get that people want some sort of "limited/collector" item, but it seems sort of over the top to me.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #5,247 of 23,366
Quote:
I get that there may be some people that actually want Val's signature on the headphones, but I honestly hope he doesn't do that. I'd prefer (if he's going to sign anything anyhow) that it would be the box or a insert/pamphlet etc. I really wouldn't expect him to sign anything and don't really think that it's necessary for him to do so.  I get that people want some sort of "limited/collector" item, but it seems sort of over the top to me.

Personally, I feel a hand signature would be awsome on the inside of the headband, but I can understand if you're just looking for a clean headphone. I suppose a signature could be discreetly forged on the cup, behind the shield?
That's assuming he does indeed take the time to sign them
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #5,248 of 23,366
What is modophile?

Actually if I'm not mistaken in our conversations with Val last year it is (was?) meant it to be "MObile auDiOPHILE" - as such V-Moda's inclusion of various cables for iPhone/Android, portable cases, collapsible headphones (at least with the M-100), etc.

Aug 21, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #5,249 of 23,366
Quote:

My OCD agrees with you.

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #5,250 of 23,366

So buy a mass production unit instead? A signature with a nice flourish can look quite nice, though a bit asymmetric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back