V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #5,146 of 23,366
I enjoy watching the "members watching" box in this thread recently. When Val turns up it goes from -say 10 to around 50 people in about 15 seconds. :smile:

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #5,148 of 23,366
uh-oh @ Val's post. After paying close attention to it. I think we might see some more headphones pieces photos, before we see pictures of a full headphone.... XD #matterthanmatteblackphotomadness

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #5,149 of 23,366
Quote:

I could not find any sources (i.e. scientific studies) supporting this theory. Do you have any links?
Hearing damage seems to always start at the high end (above 4kHz), regardless of the stress that initiated the damage as far as I read... So I would not consider rolled off highs safer than bright headphones (the latter being more uncomfortable at the same high listening level).

I do not factually know what tonal range(s) most accelerates hearing loss.  What I do know is that a pronounced upper-treble (crash cymbals, violin) has me reaching for the volume knob with enough rapidity to pull a muscle.

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #5,155 of 23,366
Updates
Congrats and thanks to all the pre-orders guys.  I'll be doing more updates in the coming days.  I had to attend to lots of back office and a few personal items, then prep for launch.  Launching a product is like giving birth, not that I know of course.

Reliability Testing
Today we are analyzing the hinge data with a fine comb. 

Why was there some delays?
One of the parts was out of my control, I cannot say which one 

Forum/Ordering Catch-Up
I'll be reading through all the messages and try to answer as many as I can along with my team.  I'll also take some more pics and show you some things like the "cork" on M-100 that we developed that turned out pretty cool.  Get ready to see some secrets and more photos.

Talk soon!

Haha val always adds suspension and anticipation when he posts rather than relieving it!

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #5,157 of 23,366
Quote:
Hold on tight now that Val has posted the thread is about to enter hyper drive speed. By the way, very nice looking photo of the wineglass and grapes beside the M-100. The Portugoose in me highly approves

I'm fairly certain it is an M-80 in the wineglass and grapes photo, not the M-100.  Note the screws on the wing and no screws on the non-hinge, plus the cups look like M-80 size.

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #5,159 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm fairly certain it is an M-80 in the wineglass and grapes photo, not the M-100.  Note the screws on the wing and no screws on the non-hinge, plus the cups look like M-80 size.

LP2
wink.gif

Aug 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #5,160 of 23,366
Quote:

How can you mention the screws on the wingplate and still say it's a M-80? XD

On a more related note, wasn't the picture of the white case + orange cable already mentioned earlier? Personally I'm liking the orange cable because, as I mentioned earlier, it's more vivid than the red cable option currently offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back