V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 20, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #5,132 of 23,366
Quote:
Whilst they both do damage, from what I've read it seems at normal music listening levels its much harder for low freq to damage hearing as much as high freq, especially if one listens over a prolonged period of time. Also, our ears are much less sensitive to the lowest freq, so damaging the nerve endings that pick up 1KHz+ will be a hell of a lot more noticeable anyway.

I could not find any sources (i.e. scientific studies) supporting this theory. Do you have any links?
Hearing damage seems to always start at the high end (above 4kHz), regardless of the stress that initiated the damage as far as I read... So I would not consider rolled off highs safer than bright headphones (the latter being more uncomfortable at the same high listening level).

Regarding DJ use I guess the best thing one can aim for is good isolation from outside noise, not being louder than a fat PA/monitoring system and masking that with rolled off highs. The M-80 (not targeting this audience) was a bit weak regarding isolation, the M-100 will hopefully do better. I think good isolation and accentuated but not brutal highs are the reasons many hold the HD-25 in high regards.

Aug 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #5,133 of 23,366
Yeah - I changed the post you quoted - V-MODA has great service.

They do have really good service but I just have one concern right now. I was confused so I asked them if the color you choose is for the second set of shields that you get and they said you only get one set so it seems like they are unaware of what Val has said to Us on Head Fi. I really hope that this won't cause any problems in the next couple weeks or when they send them out.

EDIT: I know it was a dumb question but at the time I was confused

Aug 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #5,135 of 23,366
I meant when are these M-100 Getting released.. I saw that they were supposed to be in February and now its August.. Any news how soon will they be available.. I have 29 days to return my LP2 But wanna do so only after trying the M-100..

Aug 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #5,137 of 23,366
Val that was a great picture on facebook comparing V-moda to Wine. In V-moda Veritas.

“In V-moda veritas” is similar to “In vino veritas” which means “In wine. You find the truth” meaning [size=9.5pt]when people drink wine, they are more likely to speak their mind and speak the truth of how they really feel.[/size]  Music is a big aspect in our life not only to us but also to the people of V-moda.  Talking is not the only form of communication.  Through music we can overcome confusion and misinterpretation to convey our true feelings and thoughts and express our true selves to each other.  Ultimately uniting us together for our love of music!  

I hope I win but Honestly great comparison!

This is what sets apart V-moda from other companies. You are more than just a company. You care about the sound and your customers!

Anticipating the M-100!

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #5,142 of 23,366
Updates
Congrats and thanks to all the pre-orders guys.  I'll be doing more updates in the coming days.  I had to attend to lots of back office and a few personal items, then prep for launch.  Launching a product is like giving birth, not that I know of course.

Reliability Testing
Today we are analyzing the hinge data with a fine comb. 

Why was there some delays?
One of the parts was out of my control, I cannot say which one 

Forum/Ordering Catch-Up
I'll be reading through all the messages and try to answer as many as I can along with my team.  I'll also take some more pics and show you some things like the "cork" on M-100 that we developed that turned out pretty cool.  Get ready to see some secrets and more photos.

Talk soon!

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #5,144 of 23,366
I'm already sold on them, just waiting till I get paid to pre-order them. The only question I need answered is will the pre-order stay up until I get paid on Wednesday?

Aug 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #5,145 of 23,366
Hold on tight now that Val has posted the thread is about to enter hyper drive speed. By the way, very nice looking photo of the wineglass and grapes beside the M-100. The Portugoose in me highly approves

Users who are viewing this thread

Back