V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 11, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #4,235 of 23,366
Anything's up in the air right now, but  idk, in terms of post count stuff, that would account for activity all over the website, right? I mean, sometimes silence is golden. I've been following the M-100's since January, and I know a lot of people here have been around for much longer, and they may or may not necessarily pipe in unless they have something to say. And yeah, there is the possibility that he might not offer the PPU's early, but it'd be fun to dream

In any case, there was that V-Moda Facebook poll where people were to guess the color of the M-100 branding with the possibility of winning. What exactly are we playing for, Val?

Edit: Guess I'm slow, looks like things'll be heating up in the next few days

Aug 11, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #4,236 of 23,366
Agreed, Head-Fi is first priority then Japan.  I fly back to USA Monday and then we'll set up pre-ordering on Tuesday + Wednesday.  

-v

That's great news! After following this thread for around three months now it is an amazing feeling to know for certain of when we can order this highly anticipated product. I think we all can say that this is a truly unique and fantastic expiriance to be able to observe and help with the development of these headphones and to have the CEO of the company himself converse with us and take each of our ideas into consideration.

I know that many people have said this before but thank you Val for being so dedicated and devoted to this project. I imagine that at many times durring the development and production of this headphone you and your team have faced grueling challenges to overcome. I am highly impressed that you chose not to make shortcuts like so many other companies would have done, and I know that when I purchase a pair, I will be buying a product of the upmost quality and perfection.

Aug 11, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #4,237 of 23,366
Quote:

Agreed, Head-Fi is first priority then Japan.  I fly back to USA Monday and then we'll set up pre-ordering on Tuesday + Wednesday so I can count how many Head-Fiers want them and we can begin making the custom shields.

What should I name the secret product that is M-100 on our site.  VTF?  I did that before for white m-80...  Maybe "VTF-100"?

Thanks for the update Val.

Maybe you could just put "VTF" again. I think "VTF-100" would be rather obvious.

Aug 11, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #4,238 of 23,366
Quote:

Agreed, Head-Fi is first priority then Japan.  I fly back to USA Monday and then we'll set up pre-ordering on Tuesday + Wednesday so I can count how many Head-Fiers want them and we can begin making the custom shields.

Thanks, Val!

Quote:
Anything's up in the air right now, but  idk, in terms of post count stuff, that would account for activity all over the website, right? I mean, sometimes silence is golden. I've been following the M-100's since January, and I know a lot of people here have been around for much longer, and they may or may not necessarily pipe in unless they have something to say. And yeah, there is the possibility that he might not offer the PPU's early, but it'd be fun to dream

In any case, there was that V-Moda Facebook poll where people were to guess the color of the M-100 branding with the possibility of winning. What exactly are we playing for, Val?

Haven't been following the thread for as long as you have, probably only 3 months or so, but I only have 1 post in this thread (2 now including this one) and these are my only 2 posts on Head-Fi this year!

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #4,239 of 23,366
Didn't see Val's edit until now.

Quote:

Maybe you could just put "VTF" again.

Agreed.  This or something else non-descript.

A question if I may be so bold, if the initial run sells through would it be possible to have a Head-Fi waiting list?  If not, no big deal.  Just inquiring.

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #4,240 of 23,366
Quote:

[... ]What should I name the secret product that is M-100 on our site.  VTF?  I did that before for white m-80...  Maybe "VTF-100"?

you should sell a $310 in-ear fittings,  nobody will buy those, haha. 

Anything's up in the air right now, but  idk, in terms of post count stuff, that would account for activity all over the website, right? I mean, sometimes silence is golden. I've been following the M-100's since January, and I know a lot of people here have been around for much longer, and they may or may not necessarily pipe in unless they have something to say. 

i've seen this thing grow, for about 4 or 5  months also, i even got a real job just to get the m100's !! 

i might not know that much about audio, but i know that val, is being a great CEO, so i support his cause.

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #4,241 of 23,366

I'd have to agree that silence is golden. Having read the whole thread, ive noticed that a good majority of it is the same questions or topics being discussed over and over again because nobody wants to or bothers looking through the almost 300 pages to see if what they are wondering about has been discussed already. This said I don't think that post count is the best way to determine priority.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #4,242 of 23,366
Awesome.

Perhaps something that won't show up on the crawlers, considering VTF has already been on there, How about Fugazi-100? haha.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #4,244 of 23,366
Is anyone planning on getting a PPU unit and a final product? I am not part of this PPU crave as I am concerned they will not perform as well as the official product. I know each PPU will sound different from one to the next, but I am curious as to how much different one sounds from a official M100.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #4,245 of 23,366
Quote:
Is anyone planning on getting a PPU unit and a final product? I am not part of this PPU crave as I am concerned they will not perform as well as the official product. I know each PPU will sound different from one to the next, but I am curious as to how much different one sounds from a official M100.

Well, think about it. PPUs get sent out to press, who are a HUGE part in V-MODA marketing. They're not going to be a ghetto alpha model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back