V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 11, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #4,202 of 23,366
Quote:
listen to Sting's "dont stand so close to me", the irony of the song will hit you firmly in the face.

Still i like the m80's but hopefully i will love the m100's moer. :wink:

Yep.  The recordings make a difference.  Like most of today's music is just loud.  It's overmudulated.  Sometimes it's really difficult to find nicely mastered music.  But if you have the M80 and you want to listen to some really finely produced music, then listen to Michael Jackson.  Billie Jean is one of my staples.  I'm not really a fan of Michael Jackson music, but you can typically expect a pretty good recording...with lots of added subtleties in the background. 

Aug 11, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #4,203 of 23,366
Quote:
Most likely just back to Vmoda because of their 60 return policy. You probably could try them out as they do sell the ones that get returned at a discounted price or even look here on head-fi for a pair.

Actually, I called up a number of times and V-MODA don't accept the 60-Day return policy if you're abroad. In the UK I returned it to Amazon UK shortly after purchasing.

Aug 11, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #4,206 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah, subject to Amazon's return policy. 

That's weird as it says Amazon is part of their verified partners. At least it should say "within US only" if it was US only, otherwise they would have to accept the 60-day return right or risk of getting sued which would probably very easily go through, just saying.

But TBH, returning it to amazon.co.uk is easier & cheaper in any case so would rather return it there and 30 days is plenty of time to know if you will like the product or not.

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #4,207 of 23,366
I haven't been checking this thread for quite a while, so could anyone keep me up to date on the latest info about the release date of M-100? Is it still at large, roughly decided, or has been officially announced by V-MODA or Val himself? Thanks.

Aug 11, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #4,208 of 23,366
That's weird as it says Amazon is part of their verified partners. At least it should say "within US only" if it was US only, otherwise they would have to accept the 60-day return right or risk of getting sued which would probably very easily go through, just saying.

But TBH, returning it to amazon.co.uk is easier & cheaper in any case so would rather return it there and 30 days is plenty of time to know if you will like the product or not.

It's good that this is getting discussed. When last I checked amazon uk's website, it says you can only do the 30 day return with an unopened product.
But at the same time, one of the reasons they list for return is something like 'not wanted' so....yeah.

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #4,209 of 23,366
Quote:
It's good that this is getting discussed. When last I checked amazon uk's website, it says you can only do the 30 day return with an unopened product.
But at the same time, one of the reasons they list for return is something like 'not wanted' so....yeah.

I'll check into UK and USA through Amazon, but I know Amazon USA has been able to enact the 60-day test drive guarantee.

if this is a concern, buy from V-MODA.com.  In Germany, somebody ordered a custom and got it in 8 days flat.  We now are able to ship most customs SAME DAY!

WALL STREET JOURNAL + V-MODA!
Check out this weekend's Wall St. Journal... surprise and scan it, post it!  What's next???

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #4,210 of 23,366
Quote:
What's next???

...M-100? 
beerchug.gif

Aug 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #4,211 of 23,366
Quote:

I'll check into UK and USA through Amazon, but I know Amazon USA has been able to enact the 60-day test drive guarantee.

if this is a concern, buy from V-MODA.com.  In Germany, somebody ordered a custom and got it in 8 days flat.  We now are able to ship most customs SAME DAY!

WALL STREET JOURNAL + V-MODA!
Check out this weekend's Wall St. Journal... surprise and scan it, post it!  What's next???

Nice article!
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444320704577567091392554680.html?KEYWORDS=vmoda

Quote:
But, like King Arthur's Excalibur or the hammer of Thor, it only works for those who are worthy—or at least those who own a certain type of headphone.

That made me smile, hahahaha.

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #4,212 of 23,366
Quote:
Nice article!
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444320704577567091392554680.html?KEYWORDS=vmoda

Quote:
But, like King Arthur's Excalibur or the hammer of Thor, it only works for those who are worthy—or at least those who own a certain type of headphone.

That made me smile, hahahaha.

LOVE this quote above ^...  metal swords for the kill and hammers to forge and smash!  In fact, I placed a [size=small]Hattori Hanzo Sword on top of a Crossfade display at our LA office to symbolize that we are making the warrior's finest steel weapons that enable the "masters" to conquer. [/size]

[size=small]Still looking for the perfect hammer/forge...[/size]

[size=small]-v[/size]

M-100 DATE STATUS
[size=small]The one issue now is every country is wanting stock as we'll be sold out before launch by a long long shot.  We are trying to make a fair situation on how many we allocate between USA and Japan as they want them all plus some.[/size]

-v

[size=small]So, stay tuned  [/size]

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #4,213 of 23,366
So pretty much - we still don't know when they'll be released, and it's most likely been delayed again?

Oh well - just make them sound as good as you can, and be as ready as you can, Val! I'm one of the many, many, people who wants one of these.

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #4,214 of 23,366
Quote:

M-100 DATE STATUS [size=small]The one issue now is every country is wanting stock as we'll be sold out before launch by a long long shot.  We are trying to make a fair situation on how many we allocate between USA and Japan as they want them all plus some.[/size]

-v

[size=small]So, stay tuned  [/size]

IMO, the fairest way to prioritize the Head-fi community is #of posts on the M-100 thread which is admittedly self-serving, but it is a reasonably unbiased way to measure emotional and time investment relating to contributing to M-100 buzz to help you determine and evaluate who might be most deserving of the PPU opportunity.  I will gladly purchase white if there is relatively less demand.

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #4,215 of 23,366
Ouch, and as for the people who haven't posted but also been anticipating these from pretty much the beginning who also had to wade through pages and pages of stupid arguments? Just because some people have posted a dozen times each day about anything that comes to mind doesn't mean they're wanting it more.

I have a pair of M80's but they can sometimes be hard to get a good fit as I have really small ears so I'm certainly looking forward to the M100's when I can afford them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back