V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 8, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #4,111 of 23,366
Quote:

Thumbs up for a great approach to quality control! 

In fact this approach paid off big time and my team was impressed that I "called it". Thankfully the problem is minor (<3dB) and I figured out the root cause of the problem in seconds.  Experience > than engineering often I've learned.  But then again, I had no idea about "Nylon 66" or that softer durometers can actually increase durability until I worked with the best in the biz.

Quote:
Military-grade build quality and work ethic that's actually directly influenced by the military?  That's just... so damn cool. 
cool.gif

It is really cool and they both had a significant role in launching V-MODA.  My brother Dave helped save V-MODA when we first launched. I ran out of money because I rejected the first 24,000 units we made and couldn't sell them until they were perfect and reworked.

Toby was the buyer for Virgin Megastore, he took the leap of faith as the first retailer to carry V-MODA.  It'll be special to launch the first V-MODA retail store soon and hang a plaque in memory of Virgin. 

Dave on the wing of a C-17

AND NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED M-100 updates...

Using VAMP for the first time in a while w/M-100.  Wow. I can't wait for you all to listen to these products too.  LA meet is on the 18th and I'll send samples over.

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #4,112 of 23,366
Wow, I'm really glad I'm still interested in the White M-100's, because EVERYONE is foaming at the mouth over the Matte Black ones. Less competition for the PPU's!

Although the secret something that's gonna be included with the Matte's has me kinda curious now...

...Nope, still sticking with white.

Aug 8, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #4,114 of 23,366
Quote:
What software is everyone using to edit/create their shield designs? I'm terrible at design, but would love to add something custom. I'd like to have a design ready before this weekend, thanks for the help!

You can come up with some pretty sweet designs using Photoshop CS6 (or any version). There's a PSD plate template available from v-moda.com. All kinds of tutorials available online. I came up with a kind of experimental design to see how it would turn out since I don't really plan on using the custom plates. It'll either turn out really well or flop. Either way it kinda looks like hell for the engraving machine.

Aug 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #4,116 of 23,366
Quote:
Same here, is it the Shadow scheme that has the orange cable with it? But then again the matte scheme comes with some kind of surprise, according to Val.

I remember Val saying he decided to add the orange cable to the Matte Black model, I don't think the other colors will have that. I think I'm still gonna go with the shadow M-100 although that surprise thing for the Matte Black has definitely sparked my curiosity.

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #4,117 of 23,366
My one-button Android cable broke recently and I sent it to V-MODA for repair/replacement. Today, I got an email saying they received the envelope with my paperwork, but there's no cable in it. I know for a fact that I put the cable inside the envelope because I spent a good minute or so fiddling with the flap to get it to close correctly. I have no idea what happened in the trip from NYC to Hollywood, but I'm pretty bummed about it. Sob story aside, will the M-100 include both the Android and iDevice cable? Or just one of those two, plus an audio only? I need my mic back!

Thanks, Val. For everything.

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #4,118 of 23,366
Quote:
My one-button Android cable broke recently and I sent it to V-MODA for repair/replacement. Today, I got an email saying they received the envelope with my paperwork, but there's no cable in it. I know for a fact that I put the cable inside the envelope because I spent a good minute or so fiddling with the flap to get it to close correctly. I have no idea what happened in the trip from NYC to Hollywood, but I'm pretty bummed about it. Sob story aside, will the M-100 include both the Android and iDevice cable? Or just one of those two, plus an audio only? I need my mic back!

Pretty sure it'll have both!

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #4,119 of 23,366
Quote:

I would try contacting V-Moda again...  They might replace the cable (again).  

Aug 8, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #4,120 of 23,366
Quote:

I would try contacting V-Moda again...  They might replace the cable (again).  

They never replaced it to begin with. I sent them a ghost package. I'll probably find the cable in the fridge tomorrow, or something crazy, but in my mind it was so clear that I put the cable inside the envelope. Why would I not do that? I just want to find out if the M-100 has both the cables, so instead of shelling out $20 for a new cable, I could just take one of the M-100 cables and use it instead. Only a few weeks left of torture, right?

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #4,121 of 23,366
Ok, sorry, another question for Val,

Should those getting M-100 for serious listening/experiencing the way the artist intended, be worried about the M-100 sound signature (bass boost, etc)? 
I don't know about the M-100, but when I listen to music, I never use the function: add extra bass. I'm sure there are others like me, that kinda get scared of the expression: bass boost. If anything, will a simple EQ by the customer fix this, if there's any dislike?

Thanks.

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #4,122 of 23,366
Quote:
Ok, sorry, another question for Val,

Should those getting M-100 for serious listening/experiencing the way the artist intended, be worried about the M-100 sound signature (bass boost, etc)? 
I don't know about the M-100, but when I listen to music, I never use the function: add extra bass. I'm sure there are others like me, that kinda get scared of the expression: bass boost. If anything, will a simple EQ by the customer fix this, if there's any dislike?

Thanks.

I'm in the same boat. I'll probably try a PPU and sell it to someone else on Head-Fi if I'm not too fond of the sound signature. I'm pretty picky when it comes to how dominant the lows are compared to the mids and highs.

Aug 9, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #4,123 of 23,366
Quote:

I'm in the same boat. I'll probably try a PPU and sell it to someone else on Head-Fi if I'm not too fond of the sound signature. I'm pretty picky when it comes to how dominant the lows are compared to the mids and highs.

In an ideal world, IMO, the M-100 will be at least 80% as good as the descriptions I have read of the Fostex TH900 with a similar signature.  If the M-100 can do that, it will be easily worth $300.

Aug 9, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #4,125 of 23,366
Quote:
i'm kinda hoping it will beat out the dt1350 by a large margin in terms of sound stage and tie or top it in terms of sq. 

Based on headphones I have heard, I envision the M-100 to provide the bass of an ATH-PRO700MK2 with the mids and highs of a PSB M4U2 (unamped).  If they turn out this way, or something similar, I will be raving about them everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back