V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 7, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #4,051 of 23,366
Quick question - What is the difference between the matte black color scheme and the shadow color scheme? From pictures I've seen it looks like the shadow scheme may have a "streaky" look to the shields, is this true? Thanks.

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #4,053 of 23,366
Quote:
How will we go about sending in our custom shield designs?
Should we use the Photoshop Over-Ear template on V-moda's website?

From the V-MODA custom shield webpage:
Quote:
We will accept ONLY the following file types: .EPS, .TIFF, .AI, .PSD, .BMP, .PNG or JPEG. For best engraving results, your artwork should be in high-resolution format (300dpi or above).
For Adobe Illustrator
  1. Save and upload in .ai format (DO NOT save/convert/export to JPEG or PNG)
  2. Convert all text/font to outlines (to do this, select your font and go to Type > Create Outlines)
  3. Double check all font has been converted to outlines - if you don't, your font may not show up on our machines as we likely do not have the same font files as you were using
  4. Please make sure you keep your artwork within the guidelines of the shield
  5. If placing/importing an external file/image (file > place), please make sure the file is embedded into the document and NOT linked (make sure the "linked" box is unchecked before you place the file)

For Adobe Photoshop
  1. Please make sure your artwork is placed on the layer called "Your Artwork Here"
  2. You are welcome to save and upload your artwork in the .psd format
  3. If you choose to save your artwork as a JPEG or PNG file before uploading, please make sure all layers (except your artwork layer) is made invisible (to do this, click the "eyeball" next to each layer in the Layers Window)
  4. Please make sure all fonts/text are "rasterized" before saving (to do this, right click on your text/font layers and select "rasterize layer")
  5. Double check all fonts have been rasterized - if you don't then your fonts may not show up on our machines as we likely do not have the same font files as you do

I plan to submit my artwork in .ai format since everything is all set up in the provided template.

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #4,057 of 23,366
Is it possible that the sound will differ between the PPU's and the final product?

I would say yes it's entirely possible, But Val has said he will keep a close eye on the quality of the PPU Units and all of the ones he has made have had a very consistent sound and sound is his number 1 priority so I wouldn't worry as Val wouldn't release anything that doesn't fit his standards

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #4,062 of 23,366
I hope the new shield colors launch at the same time though. I know the brushed metal is new to all over ear lines so I want to make sure those are available for custom order instead of just stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back