V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 7, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #4,023 of 23,366
Quote:
That's still fine, I have a sht load of time :D
Having a huge pain on deciding the custom shields :frowning2: I think I might just get them plain but in different colours!! 

I had a hard time too. It took me forever to decide what/where to put things on the custom design. I was planning to get a white M-100 with a blue shield, or a black (any black) M-100 with green.

Relating back to the hinge, I'm glad the hinge is a "Qlick" hinge. My Shure SRH940 has a hinge design, but it just folds with no locking position, which is a hassle sometimes when it's in my backpack.

Aug 7, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #4,024 of 23,366
  I have been quietly following...lurking(?)...this thread since early April, scanning/dredging/mining it for reasonably objective detail...all of this activity induced by my interest in possibly purchasing the M-80's, and learning of the development of the newer, higher quality M-100's, which would be much more comfortable to me. 

First of all, thank you to all of you of you who have contributed reasonably objective, even handed assessments/reviews and provided accurate information and insight in a calm, rational fashion.  That said, I am wondering if one must have a special status in order to acquire a pre-production unit...say, something in a very understated matte black..., or is there to be a "sign-up list" where one pre-pays and then waits patiently and pleasantly...?

Any input would be most appreciated.

Sincerely,
T.A. Kogstrom      

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #4,025 of 23,366
Quote:
  I have been quietly following...lurking(?)...this thread since early April, scanning/dredging/mining it for reasonably objective detail...all of this activity induced by my interest in possibly purchasing the M-80's, and learning of the development of the newer, higher quality M-100's, which would be much more comfortable to me. 

First of all, thank you to all of you of you who have contributed reasonably objective, even handed assessments/reviews and provided accurate information and insight in a calm, rational fashion.  That said, I am wondering if one must have a special status in order to acquire a pre-production unit...say, something in a very understated matte black..., or is there to be a "sign-up list" where one pre-pays and then waits patiently and pleasantly...?

Sincerely,
T.A. Kogstrom      

Pretty sure they get added to the website for orders at a first-come first-serve basis, but don't take my word for it!

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #4,026 of 23,366
Quote:

Sincerely,
T.A. Kogstrom      

IMO, there will be a select group invited by Val to purchase, but I believe whatever units are still available will be on a first come, first served basis which would include here and Facebook.

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #4,028 of 23,366
  Thank you all! 

Next order of business then would to identify where and when this pre-order sign-up list might be, or where to look.  Does anyone know with any certainty that head- fi will offer such a sign-up list...?

Should said list not ever be generated, once general production ensues, will V-MODA have a "direct from the factory" mail order process in place for the M-100's, or allow retailers to have first crack at sales...?  If the latter, has anyone a list of who those retailers might be?  

Peace,
T.A. Kogstrom

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #4,029 of 23,366
Quote:
  Thank you all! 

Next order of business then would to identify where and when this pre-order sign-up list might be, or where to look.  Does anyone know with any certainty that head- fi will offer such a sign-up list...?

Should said list not ever be generated, once general production ensues, will V-MODA have a "direct from the factory" mail order process in place for the M-100's, or allow retailers to have first crack at sales...?  If the latter, has anyone a list of who those retailers might be?  

Peace,
T.A. Kogstrom

There is no certainty regarding the release of the M-100.

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #4,030 of 23,366
Quote:
everybody on here is going to get first priority... don't worry...  even though Tokyo/Asia is trying to buy them all up I put you FIRST in line.

Plus I'm trying to get head-fiers to extra pieces of test gear if I can.  BUT every head-fi M-100 purchaser gets custom shields, so start thinking about your designs or one of ours.

But don't worry, you'll get stock shields too, the customs is just something we want EVERYBODY to have now.  And we have the process down to hours so we like to test it in volume.

Well that took me a while to dig up.

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #4,031 of 23,366
Isn't it Wednesday in China already?  
beyersmile.png
  Where are the pictures!

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #4,033 of 23,366
Its not a complaint....its excitement...big difference.  I am looking to get my first pair of "good" headphones and am excited.  We were going to get a pair of Audio Technica M50 as they are a common recommendation, but have decided to see what the final m100's look and sound like.

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #4,034 of 23,366
You say excitement, I call it impatience...  Wait it off...  You'll be happy in due time.  Remember, no one is entitled to pictures, you should be happy Val is even doing them cause he technically doesn't have to.  Just think...  If V-Moda was as secretive about new products as Apple is used to be.

Aug 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #4,035 of 23,366
Quote:
Its not a complaint....its excitement...big difference.  I am looking to get my first pair of "good" headphones and am excited.  We were going to get a pair of Audio Technica M50 as they are a common recommendation, but have decided to see what the final m100's look and sound like.

I am in the same boat. I was looking at M50s as well and the M80s, but I need to hold out for the m100's before I make my decision!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back