V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 26, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #3,661 of 23,366
Quote:
The "Valkyries"

Norse Myth. any of the maidens of Odin who conduct the souls of heroes slain in battle to Valhalla.

Last month you asked us to come up with a name for the PPU's.  I suggested the Valkyrie based on:

1. First 4 letters are of your namesake
  2. Connected to lore of battle warriors
  3. Tom Cruise was in the film 'Valkyrie', which is of no significance, but wore the predecessor LP2's in 'Mission Impossible'
  4. Just sounds cool

Jul 26, 2012 at 2:58 AM Post #3,662 of 23,366
Quote:
Ship/Launch Date
The date they'll ship is "when they are ready, and that my team would buy it, love it and rate it six stars".  That is the only test.  The day is very close now and the parts are looking great.  However, this is such an important project that I am going to go to the factory and will be on the assembly line myself with my #2.  Since the interest is so high in M-100 we are altering our normal PP then MP process and doing a staged approach of PP building/testing individual sections of the headphones first right now.  This allows us not to waste material too.

I will personally inspect and sign each one we sell through V-MODA.com of this batch, so therefore these may be our best units we ever make!  We'll sort through them and only sell the best if there are any issues.  And, of course we still have the 2 year warranty AND satisfaction guarantee test drive.

Name of these first units?
Help me me name these units?  There may only be 50 per color as of now, I'll know soon.  It is somewhere between 50-100 available through V-MODA.com for Head-Fi/V-MODA Facebook.

How about we name these units The Valiant. Also the PPU's sounds like they will be way more limited now.

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #3,665 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm thinking that using that as a subtitle would be best.

Something like:

The Valkyria
 ​

I like the Valykyr Valkyria ideas... or just M-100 SS (Signature Series)

M-100 SS

nonetheless, this thing is going to rock! I made a decision for the Matte Black Model to have ORANGE cable for the audio only.  But he talked me into making it orange for the mic'd cables.  So this project has had so much input, I'll give people credit!

the great thing about SS is I test each one, so in fact they should be > than MP units.  Now I gotta fight for 50 or 100 per color, hmmmmm...

HERE IS A TEASE TEST SHOT we did... plz note test shots can be different... just keeping you updated on WHAT we are up to!

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #3,667 of 23,366
Whatabout the V-Moda 'Voltron'?

Sounds too much like a Transformer character. Similarly Signature Series too Rolls-Royce (& possibly Ultrasone-shadow) posh.

I'm having a mental block at the moment but I'm trying to think something along the Industrial line.

Cool pix by the way. Good to see the M100 finally coming along the way.

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #3,668 of 23,366
Quote:
Name of these first units?
Help me me name these units?  There may only be 50 per color as of now, I'll know soon.  It is somewhere between 50-100 available through V-MODA.com for Head-Fi/V-MODA Facebook.

I compiled a list of all the names people came up with previously:

The Battle-Scarred
The Subsisters
labrats
Vampires
Red Shirts
Scars of Valor
the first monkeys in outer space -  So that one day, humans could moonwalk on the go.
eggs - In order to make an omelette...
m-99 - Nighty-night, brave sacrifices.
sparta's rejects
we fold -Poker reference, or technical feature?
the silence of the cans

The Scarred Veterans
Vendetta Scars
Vampiric Scars
Scars of Vengeance
Scarred Vindication / Scarred Vindicator
V-MODA Scars (Model Number: S-100) 

"Shell Shocked"
"Renegades"
"Violet Hearted" (A reference to the Purple Heart)
"War Torn"
"The Worn Veterans"
the eXpendables
the virtuoso
The Misfits
the M-Alpha's
CTX - shortened form of Cicatrix (CicaTriX).  English synonym for scar derived from the Italian word for scar, cicatrice

The VF - The Veteran Ferito. A mix of English and Italian to mean Wounded Veterans.
Veteran CTX
The VALS - The Veterans with Audiophillic Legendary Scars
The Valkyries
The Valkyria
The Valiant
The Victors

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #3,671 of 23,366
Quote:

I like the Valykyr Valkyria ideas... or just M-100 SS (Signature Series)

M-100 SS

nonetheless, this thing is going to rock! I made a decision for the Matte Black Model to have ORANGE cable for the audio only.  But he talked me into making it orange for the mic'd cables.  So this project has had so much input, I'll give people credit!

the great thing about SS is I test each one, so in fact they should be > than MP units.  Now I gotta fight for 50 or 100 per color, hmmmmm...

HERE IS A TEASE TEST SHOT we did... plz note test shots can be different... just keeping you updated on WHAT we are up to!

SS sounds nice - but it sounds like it's the name of a specific line of headphones, a series of headphone models, rather than limited run of a specific one.

I think you should push for 100 white, 100 matte black, and 50 shadow if possible - that way, the signature color scheme (shadow) will be even more rare, making them the best limited edition - well that, and I really want a Matte Black model - whadd'ya think Val?

As long as the cable colors fit with each headphone color - I'm fine with it. Work your magic V-MODA.

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #3,674 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm loving the shadow! Cant wait to get one. I canceled a trip out of state just so I would have enough money to get these lol xD

Good, we almsot deleted shadow but the survey brought it back.  we are so in love w the new Matte Black Orange!

CROSSFADE MAYBE ONE "SMELLFECT" HAPPEND IN 3 YEARS PRO DJING IS FOUND - ITS RARE ONE!
we finally found the one part that degrades when up to over 3 years if you use them DJing and every night for >2.5 or 3 years.  If you sweat alot and put them back in case, they eventually start to smell.  Even with our protection we have in the fabric against this, I guess in PRO circumstances in hot clubs (like hockey/football equipment) it will eventually get a smell if your body type is like that.

I'm figuring out a solution. THIS IS ULTRA EXTREME use, and has only happened to 3 DJs I know over 3 years, so it is specific to them.  I say I just give these guys a different bag that lets them dry/air out.  Since this is such a rare use case and only has happened with international touring DJs with one unit for 3 years playing ~5-6 nights a week, I think it is not a problem for consumers.  But I'm going to fix it regardless.  Any ideas welcome!  I say we give them two, or don't give them cases.  I can make a special "extreme" case with ventilation.  Or maybe a shoe smell thing inside?

PS - we do put a smell/stain guard on the product - in general even with extreme workouts and wetness they seem to hold up extremely well.  I work out daily in them and have never had the problem.  I think its a combo of CHAMPAGNE spilled, SWEAT, personal chemicals and then if it is wet and then zipped case for 2 days.  ON bright side, latest Morillo M-100s have said NOT to smell even over long time....  interesting!!!

ANOTHER TEASER!!!

-v

Jul 26, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #3,675 of 23,366
Quote:

Good, we almsot deleted shadow but the survey brought it back.  we are so in love w the new Matte Black Orange!

CROSSFADE ACHILLES HEEL OVER 3 YEARS IS FOUND - ITS A RARE ONE!
we finally found the one part that messes up over 3 years if you use them DJing and every night for 3 years.  If you sweat alot and put them back in case, they eventually start to smell.  Even with our protection we have in the fabric against this, I guess in PRO circumstances in hot clubs (like hockey/football equipment) it will eventually get a smell if your body type is like that.

I'm figuring out a solution. THIS IS ULTRA EXTREME use, and has only happened to 3 DJs I know over 3 years, so it is specific to them.  I say I just give these guys a different bag that lets them dry/air out.  Since this is such a rare use case and only has happened with international touring DJs with one unit for 3 years, I think it is not a problem.  But I'm going to fix it regardless.  Any ideas welcome!

PS - we do put a smell/stain guard on the product - in general even with extreme workouts and wetness they seem to hold up.  I think its a combo of CHAMPAGNE spilled, SWEAT and then in a zipped case for 2 days.

-v

Perhaps something with carbon?  I know that carbon absorbs and neutralizes odor, so perhaps carbon fabric? Or something that absorbs moisture so that the fabric dries faster so that the odor producing bacteria don't multiply as fast.  Like those silica packets that are sometimes included with things. Or maybe even make the fabric part removable so that it can be washed?

And Val, are you gonna be selling the PPUs on the site?  If so, I think there should be a special code to access the sell page for them, so that way, head-fi members can get first crack at the sell, since we're the ones who were interested in picking up PPUs in the first place xD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back