V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #1,786 of 23,366
Quote:
Wait... Will M-100 White be available on release day? Please say, yes. 
tongue_smile.gif

it wasn't going to be, but after I got the first sample - I don't think I could release without the White... it is STUNNING.

My coworkers agreed, said "ya I think we can't launch without white" after seeing the final model in person.  We make products that we want and with your feedback, and we DEFINITELY want this one.

-v

Jun 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #1,788 of 23,366
it wasn't going to be, but after I got the first sample - I don't think I could release without the White... it is STUNNING.

My coworkers agreed, said "ya I think we can't launch without white" after seeing the final model in person.  We make products that we want and with your feedback, and we DEFINITELY want this one.

-v

You, sir, have made my week. Until they are released, I will prepare myself to be stunned. Does this affect the July 4th projections?

Jun 14, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #1,789 of 23,366
Val,

I never thought I would be this excited in anticipation of a headphone and have some questions:

When might you post an updated production/release timeline?

Did you resolve the earcup size issue?  I believe you even mentioned the possibility of two different size earcups.

Colors at launch- black, white and gunmetal?

When will specs/press releases be published?

How about an early limited edition Val Kolton signature headphone with your signature on the shields- maybe the white version with your signature laser etched in black on the shields?

Any special offers for Head-fi members, other than those who might win the recycle plastic contest?

Jun 14, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #1,790 of 23,366
HALLELUJAH
Quote:

-v

I would definitely pay extra for a signed Val Kolton m-100 limited edition headphone.
Quote:
Val,

I never thought I would be this excited in anticipation of a headphone and have some questions:

When might you post an updated production/release timeline?

Did you resolve the earcup size issue?  I believe you even mentioned the possibility of two different size earcups.

Colors at launch- black, white and gunmetal?

When will specs/press releases be published?

How about an early limited edition Val Kolton signature headphone with your signature on the shields?

Any special offers for Head-fi members, other than those who might win the recycle plastic contest?

Jun 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #1,792 of 23,366
Quote:
So - if someone could answer this, it'd be great.

I have little experience with v-moda headphones, but I need something that is full size, but still portable, comfortable, and isolating. Here are my MAIN questions:

1. So what kind of sound signature is v-moda known for? Audio Technica is known for Bass/balanced style; AKG is known for balance and treble; what is v-moda "about"?
  2. The M100's will be full size and closed, correct? What will the materials be? Metal? Plastic? Leather? 
  3. Will the M100's be the new V-Moda flagship?

I have to say, you have me interested in the 60-day guarantee! Now to just see if the headphones themselves look good and match my needs.

Hard to really say for sure, but I'd say it's probably relaxed treble and relatively powerful bass?  Their "sound" changes a lot from product to product, the LP is quite bass heavy whereas the M-80 is more or less balanced, without the bass being overpowering.

And yes, the M-100 will be their new flagship, at least until they release their next set, the Revolver.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #1,794 of 23,366
Quote:
And yes, the M-100 will be their new flagship, at least until they release their next set, the Revolver.

This M-100 thread has been fun but extremely tortuous. Like waving a fresh juicy porterhouse in front of a wild rabid caged dog.  I can smell it, just inches from my nose, yet all I taste is the salt of my own froth.  I think it may be twice as bad when the Revolver rolls out. I'm ascared.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #1,795 of 23,366
Quote:

This M-100 thread has been fun but extremely tortuous. Like waving a fresh juicy porterhouse in front of a wild rabid caged dog.  I can smell it, just inches from my nose, yet all I taste is the salt of my own froth.  I think it may be twice as bad when the Revolver rolls out. I'm ascared.

I know, this is why I'm working hard this week to get some in hands as soon as I can.  I'm in the same boat, I just got a final tooling/Color/Material/Finiash model TODAY!  I am thrilled... it's getting inching closer.

Now you know what us product developers go through, many quality products take 2-6 years and I've only given you a few months worth of backstage progress!

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #1,797 of 23,366
I know, this is why I'm working hard this week to get some in hands as soon as I can.  I'm in the same boat, I just got a final tooling/Color/Material/Finiash model TODAY!  I am thrilled... it's getting inching closer.

Now you know what us product developers go through, many quality products take 2-6 years and I've only given you a few months worth of backstage progress!

Are you swinging byTokyo in your upcoming Asia tour? Let me know if you do, I'm sure we can gather around a few head-fiers for you too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back