V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 13, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #1,381 of 23,366
I think this was a nice view of it! Val, I reckon you should get her to do some promo shots. 

Oh and guess who's favourite headphones are now V-MODA's.

From the VAMP thread. Beautiful, I must say. And the headphones aren't bad either.

May 14, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #1,387 of 23,366
May 14, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #1,388 of 23,366
He can take that idea if he gives me a free VAMP :D I'll even buy the protective case for it.

Val, are the Hong Kong and China prices gonna be about the same as the US/Canadian prices? I see the m-80 in China is super expensive.

May 14, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #1,390 of 23,366
That case is CRAZY!  Can't wait Val...

May 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #1,393 of 23,366
Jzbass,
I don't think they're directly comparable, seeing how the M-100 has a closed earcup while the hd600 is open. Val did describe the sound signature of the M-100 though, and to summarize the two main points are that the M-100 is like a cross between the LP2 and the M-80, to have a fun sound signature that will be appealing to the greatest number of people. The signature has the liquid mids of the M-80 but a smidgen less "forward", bass that's tight but between the LP2 and M-80 in presence, a little more treble extension than the M-80 but still non-fatiguing. But that's 2nd hand impressions from a pre-MP sample. Rest assured that the M-100 will extract the detail in a recording and present it in a meaty fashion (filet-mignon meaty).
You're gonna like it, but if you want a direct model comparison, you're going to have to audition them side-by-side yourself when they come out. Take advantage of a store's return policy, but it's a bit silly to ask someone else how two headphones compare so you can gauge which you'll prefer, even more silly when that someone else has been working hard, using years of experience to develop his babies. If you're interested, you'd be doing yourself and Val a disservice if you do anything less than try them yourself.

May 15, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #1,394 of 23,366
Would love to get my hands on a sample pre mass production set of these!  I just can't put down my M80's.  Love them lots!  I will probably get the LP2 to see how I like them.  My boys have the LP's and I like the sound.  It's full and big on bass...the 3d sound sort of makes me feel like the mids are a bit recessed.  I'm kind of back and forth on that when I listen to them. 

May 15, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #1,395 of 23,366
Quote:
Would love to get my hands on a sample pre mass production set of these!  I just can't put down my M80's.  Love them lots!  I will probably get the LP2 to see how I like them.  My boys have the LP's and I like the sound.  It's full and big on bass...the 3d sound sort of makes me feel like the mids are a bit recessed.  I'm kind of back and forth on that when I listen to them. 

IMHO they're pretty much mainly for electronic/Hip-Hop/Rap/similar genres. If you listen to rock for example, vocals are a bit recessed and you can't hear separate notes on guitars as well as you could with say a pair of Grados. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back