V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 28, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #811 of 23,366
Enjoy this is an old interview with Val kolton it shows the whit m80's which were supposed to be released for valentines day.... Hmm I wonder what happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCRo50UhLB4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Mar 28, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #813 of 23,366
Also as for guessing new features there will be
a different type of plug in into the headphone. Maybe just on the right earcup.
Super mic.
And 3 cables.
Foldable.
Possibly ear cups that swivel.
Maybe some other DJ related features.

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #814 of 23,366
Have been reading this thread since it started, but never posted on it!

My guess of the new feature involves
beyersmile.png
Super Mic: Push-to-listen. You press a button on the cable/headphones somewhere and the Mic will allow you to hear sounds from your surroundings rather than from your music player. Maybe even amplify the sound! This would help for short conversations or even spying
ph34r.gif

Mar 28, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #816 of 23,366

Some people were posting about our headphone AMP/DAC in the M-80/M-100 threads, so I started its own thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/603052/v-moda-vamp-development-reviews-pics-etc

Now back to topic, M-100!

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:57 AM Post #824 of 23,366

Quote:
Remember people, Val can only add so much to a product and can please the market so much. If we add too many features (or redundant features such as the iPod dock idea which is why there is an inline iPod cable in the first place) the product would lose sight on its creation which was to please the audiophile market. Not trying to remake "Homer Simpson's car of the future" here. While some prioritizing features will be added others will probably not. I am perfectly fine with that but I am sure there will be those out there that will be sad that it was not their dream spec device. Remember what these are, Headphones. Really, really good headphones.

It doesn't seem like it was ever designed to please the audiophile market directly, just have them pleased that there's a fashion headphone that doesn't compromise when it comes to sound quality. To be honest, that's why I bought my M-80s, because I want to look damn sexy without being forced to wear **** sound quality around my neck like a noose. For me, in its price range, it ticks ALL the boxes and that's exactly what I hope the M-100 will do.

But yes, +1 for not adding too many features, no more delays! This guy needs a new pair of headphones for the summer! 

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #825 of 23,366
Would be cool if the feature was 3 small buttons stylishly placed on the headphones, back track, pause/play and forward track so you dont keep having to mess around going into your pocket and juggling around your wallet and keys and whatever else to find your player then skip, put it back in pocket etc.. just a simple press on the headphone and pow :) next track

Users who are viewing this thread

Back