V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 28, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #421 of 23,366
Hey guys, I'm new to this thread and I would like to ask a few questions about this upcoming M-100. I'd appreciate any answers. :)

1. Is it an on-ear headphone (like the M-80), or over-ear (like the LP series)?

2. How about its approximate size/weight? Will it be a small, light headphone like the M-80 that you can listen to in the streets outdoors as a portable headphone?

3. Estimated price upon release?

4. Estimated release date? Would it be release before the end of March, at least?

5. Does this have customizable ear shields too?

1. It is a bigger and better version of the M-80s, which is over the ear
2.it will be portable like all of their headphones, weight is not confirm yet...(or maybe I don't know :p)
3. $299 US
4. Not confirmed, maybe early April
5. The customized ear shields are a rumor so far, not confirmed

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #422 of 23,366
I wonder can the m100 survive in theese kind a conditions? Here are few pics... A lot snow sure rained today... like 10cms....

Note people that it was raining like hell it was like a damn blizzard...

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #424 of 23,366
Quote:

QFT!

and the Duke Nukem Forever reference? All DJs are nerds at heart haha.

I should have pointed it out earlier, but felt like it would have been a waste of a post! I still think its really cool to see someone like a CEO pull out references like this though!

However I will make relevance to the thread, what do you think will be the M-100's strings and weaknesses? Does anyone think it will fair well with classic rock, industrial, classic prog and so on? How will it fair out with Vinyl?

Also I keep hearing about a hidden feature! While I may be wrong I cannot help but feel maybe the hidden feature might have to do with the added bass. Perhaps there is a function/button/amp override that brings out the bass we are expected to see. While also being able to turn it off for genres that either do not call for it, or perhaps if unamped would redirect the power used for the bass to give us perhaps closer to the expected M-80 or around M-80 sound, Making the bass a toggable function. Again its just a passing thought I am not trying to start on what "should" be the feature but what "could" be the feature!

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #426 of 23,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ON REVOLVER

"when it's done", its been 8 years already, I definitely don't want to rush this project! but I can't let it Duke Nukem Forever either, so it definitely launches this year.  let me start a thread on it when I get some time in a few weeks, ok?  I'll intro it with the vision, goals and why it's been such a hard endeavor and the lessons learned that went into other projects.

Nice Duke Nukem reference Val.
Being a student, and having already expressed my feelings of the work your doing (to the others: The love they put into production is worthy of a purchase for me on its own)

I now find myself in a position, I was going to buy the M100 in a month or 2, but since news of the revolver, and as i have stated before , i cant buy both, so im going to pass on this, and depending on what happens with the revolver (I'm going to start saving already) Ill either buy that or the M100.

Either way i WILL buy a V-Moda period.... eventually

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #427 of 23,366
I think you guys should wait for more info about the revolver before deciding between that and the M-100, I mean the M-100 isn't even out yet. That and the revolver is not going to be competing with the M-100 and I would guess it will require amping 

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #428 of 23,366
Quote:

I want some final ones too, I'm dying for the final version yet I'm listening to them now (the final has more secret features I haven't publicized).  My bday is April 8!

HERE IS A PIC CELEBRATING LOCKING OF THE SOUND CURVE BASED ON THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE'S VOICES GOING THROUGH MY HEAD AND EARS, HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE.

YES I'M SPORTING A GREEN AQUAMAN SHIRT...  

so hows the m100 gonna sound, and how about the revolver? How will they differ in looks, sound, and price :DDDD sorry for the questions, btw my bday in april too, mine on 20th, so many april babies :D

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #429 of 23,366

Quote:
I think you guys should wait for more info about the revolver before deciding between that and the M-100, I mean the M-100 isn't even out yet. That and the revolver is not going to be competing with the M-100 and I would guess it will require amping 

This absolutely. Wasn't it said that the revolver is going to appeal to DJ's more because of its design? If that is the case it might fit better in the LP/LP2 area rather than the M-series area. That said I am still intrigued by the revolver but considering on how well the M-100's are looking I rather side with them.

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #430 of 23,366

Quote:
This absolutely. Wasn't it said that the revolver is going to appeal to DJ's more because of its design? If that is the case it might fit better in the LP/LP2 area rather than the M-series area. That said I am still intrigued by the revolver but considering on how well the M-100's are looking I rather side with them.

Considering the Revolver is said to be V-MODA's flagship and has taken a lot of time to develop, I'd imagine the sound will best the M-100. Anyway, I am looking forward to both these cans needless to say. The M-80 still blows my mind with how big its sound is in such a small package. What I do hope for the M-100 is that the sound is as close to natural as possible.

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #431 of 23,366
Val great to hear your trip went good and m100 on track soon for release.  So you got me on the revolver, had no clue you were gonna make a baller headphone.  Great to hear and super excited to see what you have in store.  Is it something that will be on the level of the upper headphones out like lcd3 and hd800 or lil under like hd 700 or he6. What is the target group or i guess quality your shooting for on this.  So im excited as being lucky enough to try out the m100s they sounded amazing and im presold on them already so  the fact you got a few more surprises on them is great news.  Now that iphone 4 dac.  You know im dying for one, so whats up with that.  You close on that and did you just reverse engineer a godap and put in better or what you considered the sound you prefer dac and amp in it.  Hope you had fun in china and all great exciting news.

Feb 28, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #432 of 23,366
So after I purchase the M-100's, I will have to hold off on the LCD-2 even longer in anticipation for the Revolver
eek.gif
  I'm a sucker for new/flagship products. 

Val, when are you going to take a trip out to NYC. I would like to hear the new products
tongue.gif

B&H still hasn't replaced the spot where the LP1 used to be. I thought they'd be putting out the M80/LP2 for demo on the floor.

Feb 29, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #433 of 23,366
All i see in my head when i hear revolver and headphones, is a can that swivels, and the swivel mechanism just above the cup itself is a big steel silver shiny revolver revolving magazine that turns with the cups... i want... sooo damn cool, ill draw a pic later if u guys wanna see

EDIT:damn what a chain of adjectives

Feb 29, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #435 of 23,366
This has been a fun thread to be a part of :) I think I'm post #2 (and probably one of the reasons the OP started this thread, because I was one of those off-topic talking about the M-100 in the M-80 thread!) Can't wait to hear the finished product!

Val--dude you really impress me. I've said it before that I'ma huge fan of all the attention to detail you put into the headphones--from sound quality to accessory design--and I especially love the opportunity to personalize the shields. Recently (since I joined Head-Fi) I've noticed that you comment on both positive and negative Amazon reviews. One example that comes to mind is the 5-star Amazon LP2 review where the guy dropped his cans and accidentally discovered the ejection mechanism. He was stoked cause his headphones weren't broken, and you took the opportunity to explain a really cool feature. If I ever own a business, I will strive to be as involved and committed to excellence as you.

Alright, enough with the bro-mance. Bring on the M-100!

Peace (the V-sign facing out! lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back