V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 29, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #436 of 23,366

Quote:
GearDiary-V-Moda-Crossfade-Jan-10-2012-1-105.jpg

Hey guys, I think I see a wooden plate.... It's shaped differently too.....

Awww, snap!! That's awesome.
I just bumped my nose on my monitor trying to get a close-up of any possible new features! :)

Feb 29, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #437 of 23,366

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boylit 

Awww, snap!! That's awesome.
I just bumped my nose on my monitor trying to get a close-up of any possible new features! :)

mmm 3 stands, 2 M series headphones, it stinks of suggestiveness

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #441 of 23,366

Quote:

Hmm. It either could be that:

1.) The M-100's (or the revolver) Will have a slightly different look after all

OR as my theory

2.) The shape is incorporated for a new way to put on plates. To me it looks like there are no holes in the plates where the bolts would go in. This leads me to believe that these plates "slide in place" making interchangeable plates a far easier thing to do, however would require a redesign to incorporate.

I could be wrong on both, but another thing that strikes me odd is the black case, on the other side there is a discoloration. At first I thought it was just lighting but I believe it might also be the same color as the wood plates. Perhaps maybe it will be part of a whole wood finish pack with plates and a case to match?

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #442 of 23,366

Quote:
That plate, looks massive 
eek.gif
 I can't the only one to notice that or am I just imagining?

...I thought the same thing but then again I like it...a lot!

Don't want to be critical Val, especially if some of these decisions are final but I would steer away from the white case.  Not comparing you AT ALL to Fanny Wang, but those guys made that mistake and most consumers hate the white for obvious reasons of getting dirty.  If it stain protected in some way than I guess it'll be cool.
Such a shame though because the white does look good as a change of pace but we handle those cases way too often for it to stay looking good.  May be a little biased since black and red are my fav colors anyway. 

Also, I'll take a wild guess and say that the M-100 is on the left and the Revolver prototype is on the right.  White headphone is a bit smaller but bigger than the M-80 and the black one is a bit bigger and has the wood grain plate beside it. It was previously hinted to that the Revolver would have those options.  The possibilities are killing me...so cool!

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #443 of 23,366
...wish I could blow up the pic.

Quote:

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #444 of 23,366

The white on the left is an M-80, M-100 on the right.

Also, I'll take a wild guess and say that the M-100 is on the left and the Revolver prototype is on the right.  White headphone is a bit smaller but bigger than the M-80 and the black one is a bit bigger and has the wood grain plate beside it. It was previously hinted to that the Revolver would have those options.  The possibilities are killing me...so cool!

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #445 of 23,366
Yea it's M80 on the left, I can even tell it says M80 on the paper sheet (the bigger text).

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #446 of 23,366
Feb 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #449 of 23,366

If you zoom in on the picture above that was reposted a few times you can see that there is more than one place to put a carabineer on the case because it looks like it was removed from the edge of the original lp/lp2 case and put on the very front of the case under where the headband part of the headphone case is. But whats interesting about the plate to the right of the supposed m-100 is that it isn't vented like every other plate v-moda sells right now on their lp/lp2/and m-80. very interesting? revolver?

Feb 29, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #450 of 23,366

...iphone amp prototype???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back