V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 1, 2012 at 6:51 AM Post #466 of 23,366
With all this going on I just want to see more of the M-100. Don't get me wrong, The Revolver sounds awesome as well as a possible amp but hell, the M-100 has not officially dropped into consumer hands as of yet. I rather get spoon-fulls of information about the soon-to-be released M-100 rather than focusing on crumbs of information on the next great set of cans! Plus there will be a dedicated thread for the Revolver soon enough, now I am just as eagerly awaiting what the production model of the M-100 will look and sound like just as Val is!

Mar 1, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #467 of 23,366

Quote:
Is this a early April's Fool Joke? :p

I feel like an addict now, checking in to this thread daily. 
biggrin.gif

...LOL me too.  

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #468 of 23,366

Quote:
With all this going on I just want to see more of the M-100. Don't get me wrong, The Revolver sounds awesome as well as a possible amp but hell, the M-100 has not officially dropped into consumer hands as of yet. I rather get spoon-fulls of information about the soon-to-be released M-100 rather than focusing on crumbs of information on the next great set of cans! Plus there will be a dedicated thread for the Revolver soon enough, now I am just as eagerly awaiting what the production model of the M-100 will look and sound like just as Val is!

Agree 100%.  I've never seen people wax poetic and write so much based on pure speculation as I have here (in general, not just this thread).  Fortunately, it is now March, so theoretically the wait won't be much longer!

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #475 of 23,366

Quote:
Hey Val, can  you uh, make sure this doesn't happen again?

I was able to slide it back into place, but it really freaked me out at first lol.

Val probably won't be able to hold your hand and make sure you don't drop your headphones, but he probably will tell you that what you experienced was the V-MODA "ejection mechanism," which ensures your Crossfade LPs didn't completely beak upon impact. Here's a quote from Val on Amazon regarding someone's post in which they described a similar occurrence:

"You are one of the first to see our "ejection mechanism" quality engineered in the earcups, it allows the product to pass the MIL SPECS. 

here is how it works: When the earcup hinge force passes ~5kg force on a drop or twist, the ear cup will "eject" like a parachute vs crack the hinge and dampen the fall vs break on other headphone designs. You can easily snap it back in. 

This took us a VERY LONG time to develop, and we think its a pretty cool FEATURE, in fact.

Cheers and glad you are enjoying it, I'm happy for someone to experience what we designed in case of mishaps to keep them running for a long long time." 

This sounds like what happened to your white LPs. Not a mistake then, but a marvel of modern engineering. You'd better pray it does happen again rather than breaking the metal arms :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back