V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 22, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #23,312 of 23,366
I think it's the same model. Is it possible to use with cable or only bluetooth? Did you notice poor quality with bluetooth on?

Thanks

All V-Moda Bluetooth Models work without active electronics just as well, fortunately they don’t do any DSP tricks. So just plug in the cable (which deactivated the electronic components) and use it as a wired headphone.

May 22, 2020 at 8:26 PM Post #23,313 of 23,366
I think it's the same model. Is it possible to use with cable or only bluetooth? Did you notice poor quality with bluetooth on?

Thanks

My Crossfade Wireless II Rose Gold with AptX BT sound very good via BT in comparison to the original BT version, enough so that I typically only use them with BT lately. They work with cable or BT, and that makes them pretty versatile.

May 27, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #23,314 of 23,366
I have been emailing with V Moda about Immortal Program. If I change my M100 for a Wireless II Codex I Will be able to buy them for 280$. But I have to do a vídeo cutting the cables and send them by Dropbox. I have to send M100 to California from Spain... No way. The shipping is too expensive.

On the other hand, I asked to the Seller where I bought my double ended cable, for a balanced cable for my M100. He can build It for 42$. 39€. Is It a good price?

Last edited:
May 27, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #23,315 of 23,366
I have been emailing with V Moda about Immortal Program. If I change my M100 for a Wireless II Codex I Will be able to buy them for 280$. But I have to do a vídeo cutting the cables and send them by Dropbox. I have to send M100 to California from Spain... No way. The shipping is too expensive.

On the other hand, I asked to the Seller where I bought my double ended cable, for a balanced cable for my M100. He can build It for 42$. 39€. Is It a good price?

I've used the Immortal Life program 2 times so far, but in the end its about as much as ordering from Amazon within EU... import duties, transport adds up.

You might be able to use a balanced cable after cutting the cords, but what for exactly? I guess the cabling within the headphone uses a shared ground, so without cutting the cords you might fry your balanced amp using a balanced cable with this headphone...

May 28, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #23,316 of 23,366
I've used the Immortal Life program 2 times so far, but in the end its about as much as ordering from Amazon within EU... import duties, transport adds up.

You might be able to use a balanced cable after cutting the cords, but what for exactly? I guess the cabling within the headphone uses a shared ground, so without cutting the cords you might fry your balanced amp using a balanced cable with this headphone...

So, do I have to cut the cords before using a balanced cable? I thought that I buy a balanced cable and put It on my Fiio M9 and that's all.

May 28, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #23,317 of 23,366
So, do I have to cut the cords before using a balanced cable? I thought that I buy a balanced cable and put It on my Fiio M9 and that's all.

I don't know for sure, but I guess the internal wiring of the M-100 uses common ground, and that might lead to a short circuit for your balanced amp output -- which in all probability would kill it. Were it my amp or DAP, I'd not try that... but maybe someone can chime in with additional details.

on the other hand: you'll only gain anything if thebalanced amp in the Fiio M9 is much better than the single-ended one. The M-110 does not need the additional output power, it's quite efficient.

May 29, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #23,321 of 23,366
This is correct, don't wire your M-100's balanced. they're actually wired mono. You'd need to rewire the whole headset, have fun!

I have two versions of M-100 (non-wireless), the OG that is wired mono (Val's personal pair), and a later one that Val Kolton told me will support using a balanced cable plugged into both ear cups, but I never tried it. Planned to try my HiFiMan cable in balanced mode someday, are you saying I was told wrong?

Sep 28, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #23,322 of 23,366
This is correct, don't wire your M-100's balanced. they're actually wired mono. You'd need to rewire the whole headset, have fun!
A bit too late for the party but here goes. You can use the M-100s balanced but you HAVE to cut the earcup-to-earcup cable. Because you can plug the stock V-Moda cable on either cup, both cups have to, by necessity, share a common ground. If you have a balanced cable terminated in 3.5mm TRS or TS to each cup, the sleeves would serve as the L- and R- connections. If the 2 cups are electrically joined by the earcup-to-earcup wire, the sleeves in the left and right cups TRS sockets would be shorted (common ground).

After cutting the earcup-to-earcup cable, I went with these 2 aftermarket cables:

Single-Ended:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J9VZ3KC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2.5 mm Balanced (for Fiio and A&K):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076HKZR3Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sep 29, 2020 at 4:31 AM Post #23,323 of 23,366
I've been using mine with xl pads running out of a hugo 2 and they sound detailed while still holding on to their punch

Dec 25, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #23,325 of 23,366
Hi everyone,

I heard the M100 standard cups are not large enough. Tried to find the inside measurements of it but unsuccessful, can anyone help? Just trying to compare the size of the cups with my current Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over-Ear and if they are the same then I will be 100% convinced to purchase the M100.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back