V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 5, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #23,026 of 23,366
Hi guys.

I´m going to buy a new cable for my white M100 because I don´t like cables with micro and smartphone controller. I´ve seen 3 cables in another post here but I can´t post links in my first post.

One option is the original V Moda cable in red, other option is a cable with "Y" and one cable in each cup in black or red color and the last is a simple cable in grey color. All non original cables are sold by: low20101020 in Ebay. I´m sure you know this cables.

I think the new cable isn´t going to be better than the original but if your experience says the opposite tell me please.

Thanks from Spain. 

Mar 5, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #23,027 of 23,366
I really wish V-Moda would correct the static discharge problem a lot of people are having with their headphones.  I have talked to David, Richard and a few others at V-Moda and they seem to not really care about this problem much if at all.  I find this problem very annoying personally and their attitude could be better about it too.

Cheers

Riley

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #23,028 of 23,366
  Hi guys.

I´m going to buy a new cable for my white M100 because I don´t like cables with micro and smartphone controller. I´ve seen 3 cables in another post here but I can´t post links in my first post.

One option is the original V Moda cable in red, other option is a cable with "Y" and one cable in each cup in black or red color and the last is a simple cable in grey color. All non original cables are sold by: low20101020 in Ebay. I´m sure you know this cables.

I think the new cable isn´t going to be better than the original but if your experience says the opposite tell me please.

Thanks from Spain. 

I 100% recommend the Y cable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-upgrade-Audio-Cable-V-MODA-Crossfade-M-100-V-MODA-XS-Headphone-/311685598701?var=&hash=item8e2a3b03a8

I bought a similar one and it definitely improves the sound of the M-100. My review for that cable is here.

Mar 6, 2017 at 3:40 AM Post #23,030 of 23,366
Thanks for your answer. This is the cable that I've seen in your review. I'll buy one then. I have got a very similar cable for my CAL2.

Thanks again.
I also purchased this cable for my M100. Great sounding cable. I only stopped using it to get the a dual input cable with mic. Both cables are great though

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #23,032 of 23,366
I cant even use mine without the dual input anymore, I can tell a clear difference in the non-connected earcup in volume being a bit lower when I don't. it makes a difference for sure. I sent this info to val and v-moda support for them to hopefully investigate and see it does improve the overall balance between each speaker.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #23,033 of 23,366
  I cant even use mine without the dual input anymore, I can tell a clear difference in the non-connected earcup in volume being a bit lower when I don't. it makes a difference for sure. I sent this info to val and v-moda support for them to hopefully investigate and see it does improve the overall balance between each speaker.

It´s important what you said. I´ve seen a youtube video saying that. There is a little difference of volume when the earcup is connected and non-connected.

Mar 22, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #23,035 of 23,366
May i ask where you bought the dual input cables from?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01J9V298Q/neomusicia+replacement+cable+v-moda

They have other compatible models with inline mic and play/pause control too.

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #23,037 of 23,366
Thanks for the reply. But I can't find the one with mic.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Crossfade-Headphone-Samsung-Android/dp/B01LAVQEZW/

Here is the search list for all of the V-MODA cables.

https://www.amazon.com/s/url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=neomusicia+replacement+cable+v-moda&sprefix=neomusicia%2Caps%2C122&crid=19TRS4SSMOSL1

Mar 22, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #23,039 of 23,366
Great. Thanks again. Do you have any idea of the quality when using the mic?

Nope. I only bought the audio only cable from them. I think the mic cable is new as today is the first time I've seen it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back