V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 13, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #22,591 of 23,366

Would these be to cheap?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PZHOHQ6/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687622&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00KX5P06G&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=QEZNKVEQ4VGJ81DF65YG

The three jacks are the 3.5mm size, so they should fit the m100.

Yeah I was looking at ones like these. I may try and see, and if not.. can always return them within 30 days. 

Jun 13, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #22,592 of 23,366
Seeing as that cable only has 2 poles, i wonder. The v-moda csbles are 3 pole going into the earcup. The 4 pole phone section is fine, but the 2 pole section has me concerned. If you do get it, let us know how it goes

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #22,594 of 23,366
Definitely the M100. I spend most of my time on head-fi in the ultimate basshead forums for over-ears and v-moda is on the top 10 list.. in months ive never seen the brainwaves even mentioned once. So I am unsure of the bass on the brainwaves, but I know personally I can make the M100 hit so hard the metal band on my head vibrates.

I must edit, I can only make the band vibrate with an amp :) But without it still slams heavy with sub bass

Jun 23, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #22,595 of 23,366
eeeeeh I had the m-100s, and they were subpar compared to my ue900s. I know the ue900s are IEM, and the M-100s are a pair of cans, but the M-100 didn't live up to the hype, even with a mobile DAC/AMP combo. For bass, my Aurisonics Forte seems to be a lot more bassier than any other IEMs that I tried. However, I think that the M-100s are worse than Audio Technica ath-m50x

Jun 23, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #22,596 of 23,366
eeeeeh I had the m-100s, and they were subpar compared to my ue900s. I know the ue900s are IEM, and the M-100s are a pair of cans, but the M-100 didn't live up to the hype, even with a mobile DAC/AMP combo. For bass, my Aurisonics Forte seems to be a lot more bassier than any other IEMs that I tried. However, I think that the M-100s are worse than Audio Technica ath-m50x
ue900 is a completely different animal and not because it is an IEM. The UE900 is a completely different signature with tighter snappier bass that is light in comparison the M100, along with an upper mid centric midrange and strong treble. I would consider the UE900 as midtreble head IEM and the M100 a bass centric headphone. If you prefer one it's very likely you won't like the other...

Jun 23, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #22,597 of 23,366

ue900 is a completely different animal and not because it is an IEM. The UE900 is a completely different signature with tighter snappier bass that is light in comparison the M100, along with an upper mid centric midrange and strong treble. I would consider the UE900 as midtreble head IEM and the M100 a bass centric headphone. If you prefer one it's very likely you won't like the other...

Yea I started with the se425, so I was used to more of a balanced sound.... the M100 seemed a bit lackluster in upper mid range and jumbled compared to the ue900s. I recently traded it for an aurisonics forte, and I don't really like it - it feels a lot more bassy (which was a new experience for me in terms of iems), but the I didn't get the tight and distinguished upper mid vocals that I really loved in the shures and the ultimate ears.

Jun 23, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #22,598 of 23,366
Definitely the M100. I spend most of my time on head-fi in the ultimate basshead forums for over-ears and v-moda is on the top 10 list.. in months ive never seen the brainwaves even mentioned once. So I am unsure of the bass on the brainwaves, but I know personally I can make the M100 hit so hard the metal band on my head vibrates.

I must edit, I can only make the band vibrate with an amp :) But without it still slams heavy with sub bass

Damn! Will I be able to feel the bass a little without an amp? Not exactly looking for metal band slamming bass

Jun 23, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #22,600 of 23,366
Damn! Will I be able to feel the bass a little without an amp? Not exactly looking for metal band slamming bass

Yes, you will feel it at higher volumes. I only use the XL earpads and I get a nice rumble with them at higher volume. They definitely give you the feel.. though from doing extra research on the other cans you mention, they do seem to have reviews that sound leak is low, the m100 has a decent amount of leak at medium-high volumes due to being semi-open. 

I was only emphasizing that it can be felt greatly when amped, but unamped you definitely will have your temples vibrating.

The M100 by no means needs any amp. I dont use an amp with these often, except when I hear a song that may be able to outdo the bassier tracks I like. :)

Jun 23, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #22,602 of 23,366
Yes, you will feel it at higher volumes. I only use the XL earpads and I get a nice rumble with them at higher volume. They definitely give you the feel.. though from doing extra research on the other cans you mention, they do seem to have reviews that sound leak is low, the m100 has a decent amount of leak at medium-high volumes due to being semi-open. 

I was only emphasizing that it can be felt greatly when amped, but unamped you definitely will have your temples vibrating.

The M100 by no means needs any amp. I dont use an amp with these often, except when I hear a song that may be able to outdo the bassier tracks I like. :)

Awesome, thanks for your response

Jun 23, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #22,603 of 23,366
I've had vmoda m80s for awhile now and I can only wear them for about an hour before they start to become really uncomfortable.  I however love the dual microphone for being in coffee shops on conference calls.  Is there a modfication I can do to make my vmodas more comfortable or should I abandon ship?  If I abandon ship, what vendors do I look to?  If you didn't have vmoda who do you think you'd goto?

I have small to medium sized ears. Looking for something with good passive noise cancellation.

Jun 23, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #22,604 of 23,366
I've had vmoda m80s for awhile now and I can only wear them for about an hour before they start to become really uncomfortable.  I however love the dual microphone for being in coffee shops on conference calls.  Is there a modfication I can do to make my vmodas more comfortable or should I abandon ship?  If I abandon ship, what vendors do I look to?  If you didn't have vmoda who do you think you'd goto?

I have small to medium sized ears. Looking for something with good passive noise cancellation.

If the are uncomfortable then the compression is too much for you. Open up the headband. Will relieve that compression. You can make it tighter or looser by bending the headband

Jun 23, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #22,605 of 23,366

I switched back to the stock pads from the xl's. They seemed comfortable at first, but the opening is too small for me. But as a consequence I'm getting much more bass through the stock pads. I've been using the stock pads for about a month now and it's pretty comfortable for long periods of time now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back