V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 2, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #22,292 of 23,366
Am I hallucinating about Chrome version of the M-100 being sonically different from the earlier M-100s?
Why does the sound separation and trebles seem more pronounced out of the box than my old matte black? 

Am I just hit with the placebo effect? I have changed precisely nothing with my setup.

PC -> USB -> Creative E5 -> M-100 with XL pads
PC -> Coax -> Fiio E17 -> M-100 with XL pads

Edit:
KenyanRunna, I think that you should get a warranty call if you can't get sound in a single cup for any reason. 

Sometimes burn it does produce changes in sound. Once I tried a new set of m 100 and find it was sounding different from mine....
Another reason could be sometimes they make little improvement in the drivers

Jan 2, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #22,294 of 23,366
Sometimes burn it does produce changes in sound. Once I tried a new set of m 100 and find it was sounding different from mine....
Another reason could be sometimes they make little improvement in the drivers

When I first got my pair of m-100's over a year ago they sounded terrible out of the box, but after I broke them in which took like 2 weeks then I really started hearing their quality.  Same thing happened with my beyer COP, beyer DT-990 pros, and also with my hifiman he-400i that I just got today.  

Jan 9, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #22,295 of 23,366

Some pictures to show off! Great headphones!

When you pick them up with them minimized as they are in the third photo, do they clamp together or does a gap remain? I ask because my clamping force seems to have been reduced; I can't wear them as comfortably when I walk around but they are perfectly fine if I'm sitting still. This also affects the CliqFold since they no longer "click" together; now I need to physically hold both sides together to fold them up. 

Beautiful regardless, just wondering if this is normal behavior.

Jan 9, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #22,296 of 23,366

Some pictures to show off! Great headphones!

When you pick them up with them minimized as they are in the third photo, do they clamp together or does a gap remain? I ask because my clamping force seems to have been reduced; I can't wear them as comfortably when I walk around but they are perfectly fine if I'm sitting still. This also affects the CliqFold since they no longer "click" together; now I need to physically hold both sides together to fold them up. 

Beautiful regardless, just wondering if this is normal behavior.

Interesting that they don't click. Have your tried lightly pushing them in the direction they need to go to clamp shut?
Regardless of the clicking thing, you should be able to increase clamping force by pulling the earcups into wearable position, and pushing the headband in some with both hands from the left and right sides.. I forgot if you're supposed to just do that for a few seconds, or if you're supposed to leave it like that overnight or something like that.

Jan 10, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #22,297 of 23,366
  It's hand-made hybrid cable. Silver+copper. And headphones modified too.  3.5 jack insert in each cup, default cable into headband cutting  for minimizing  resistance between left and right channels.
Cable have 8 veins. 4 on each channel.

Little more photo:
http://hybridaudio.ru/UserFiles/Image/cables/img115_37732.jpg
http://hybridaudio.ru/UserFiles/Image/cables/img115_15386.jpg

Sorry for bad English

Someone please help me. 
This is EXACTLY what I am trying to do. 
I cant find pre made cables and I can't find 3.5 mm jacks to fit the m100

Moon audio makes some, but I am not spending MORE on cables than the headphones themselves. This user doenst seem to be around anymore. 
If anyone can give me a lead, or point me to cables like this. 
Left and Right changel, and cut the headband cable. 
I have two M100 and I want to mod 1 of them list this. Nice custom job. 

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #22,298 of 23,366
Wow this thread is HUGE! Over 22000 posts is crazy...
basshead.gif
So these must be popular around here I guess...
L3000.gif

I am currently looking to buy new head phones since my current ATH-M50 that I have been using and enjoyed greatly for the past 4.5 years are starting to give up on me. I love the sound of my ATH-M50 so do you guys think I will love these M100 cans from V-Moda?

I listen mostly to modern pop and dance pop as well as EDM and also modern violin such as Lindsey Sterling. Female vocals seem to dominate my playlist so it is important those sound good. But I also want a fun and engaging sound with a quick and snappy bass sound. Are these V-Moda perhaps too bass heavy? Do they feel to bass heavy meaning they are muddy and veiled sounding in the treble and mids? How do they compare to the ATH-M50? If I get the M100 I want it to be even better then my ATH-M50 considering the price!

How well do these isolate sounds compared to ATH-M50 and what about sound leakage? I do not want more sound leakage then the ATH-M50. Those openings/vents at the back plates is a little bit concerning in this regard...

Other headphones I am currently considering are the Sony MDR-100AAP, Sennheiser Momentum 2 around ears and Philips A5i Pro DJ headphones. Do you think I should choose the V-Moda's over those options?

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #22,300 of 23,366
Sennheiser Momentum 2(Over ear) beats V moda 100 hands down!
Dude,V moda 100 is a decent headphone with a crazy earth-shattering hype around it.Beware of falling for it! V moda has an amazing build quality and portabilty.When it comes to sound,it is average.

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #22,301 of 23,366
Sennheiser Momentum 2(Over ear) beats V moda 100 hands down!
Dude,V moda 100 is a decent headphone with a crazy earth-shattering hype around it.Beware of falling for it! V moda has an amazing build quality and portabilty.When it comes to sound,it is average.

It depends on which music you re listening to and the source. With a good source with good amplifier it s a monster for hiphop and rnb and anyone that is Basshead

Jan 10, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #22,302 of 23,366
Wow this thread is HUGE! Over 22000 posts is crazy...
basshead.gif
So these must be popular around here I guess...
L3000.gif

I am currently looking to buy new head phones since my current ATH-M50 that I have been using and enjoyed greatly for the past 4.5 years are starting to give up on me. I love the sound of my ATH-M50 so do you guys think I will love these M100 cans from V-Moda?

I listen mostly to modern pop and dance pop as well as EDM and also modern violin such as Lindsey Sterling. Female vocals seem to dominate my playlist so it is important those sound good. But I also want a fun and engaging sound with a quick and snappy bass sound. Are these V-Moda perhaps too bass heavy? Do they feel to bass heavy meaning they are muddy and veiled sounding in the treble and mids? How do they compare to the ATH-M50? If I get the M100 I want it to be even better then my ATH-M50 considering the price!

How well do these isolate sounds compared to ATH-M50 and what about sound leakage? I do not want more sound leakage then the ATH-M50. Those openings/vents at the back plates is a little bit concerning in this regard...

Other headphones I am currently considering are the Sony MDR-100AAP, Sennheiser Momentum 2 around ears and Philips A5i Pro DJ headphones. Do you think I should choose the V-Moda's over those options?

How much are you willing to spend is a more important question, and like it was mentioned above, what source are you using?

Jan 10, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #22,304 of 23,366
Audeze deckard amp is good enough for me.I bought it along with Audeze lcd 3 as it was on discount at that time.At least for me,V moda 100 is not a monster.

But is it 6x better?

Jan 10, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #22,305 of 23,366

A year ago I tried listening to several other brands of headphones when my cheap pair of fake Beats Pros kept breaking on me. At that time, the Audio Technicas, Sennheisers, Sonys, and Philips sounded like they had decent highs but practically no bass, and didn't impress me very much. Then I sampled the V-Moda M-100, and wow! They sounded great, so I got my first pair!

Since then, I've discovered portable headphone amps, Rockbox firmware for my iPod Classic (Rockbox is the greatest thing since sliced bread, in my opinion), and just last week I released the complete user guide to Version 3.1 of my personalized EQ presets that you can download and use if you have Rockbox. M-100s respond fabulously well to custom EQ'ing -- especially if you add low-end sub-bass.

This should give you an idea of what you're getting into with the M-100. If you're a hardcore audiophile and not a basshead, and if you prefer a "flat" sound, you might not like the M-100 -- as I've seen on this thread. But if you like lots of bass with good sound quality to go with it, and if you're ever interested in using bass boosts, custom EQs, etc., M-100s are a top choice! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back