V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 10, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #21,406 of 23,366
  Okay thanks I see. it's just that these sound like my old Sennheiser 598s which i returned because of the lack of bass. I didn't have that problem out of the box with my beyerdynamic dt 770 8O ohm that I replaced it with. 

I meant advice, not advise. lol

Hey, try this: cover the external grills with your hands. That really makes the bass disappear!

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #21,407 of 23,366
iztis
Not to be condescending but have you checked to see if you plugged the cable all the way into the headphone? Also try the other cable that came with it.

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #21,408 of 23,366
@iztis
Not to be condescending but have you checked to see if you plugged the cable all the way into the headphone? Also try the other cable that came with it.

Yes I tried that.

Just tried the other cable, I even tried a different port on the other earpiece, no difference. These sound like my Senn HD 598s not Basshead cans.

Why is this happening to me ):

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #21,410 of 23,366
  Ask for support!!!

Do you think it is a problem with the headphones or maybe it's my expectations and I am expecting too much bass?

What support should I contact and how can they help me?

I got these from amazon so I can just return them without problems. The question is should I ask for a replacement or get a whole other brand of headphones.

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #21,411 of 23,366
  Do you think it is a problem with the headphones or maybe it's my expectations and I am expecting too much bass?

What support should I contact and how can they help me?

I got these from amazon so I can just return them without problems. The question is should I ask for a replacement or get a whole other brand of headphones.

I heard the HD 558 and M-100 right next to each other once. The latter should definitely have more bass.

Email them at support(at)v-moda(dot)com. (Don't bother calling -- you'll just get voicemail.)

For what it's worth, the basshead headphone I want is the JVC HA-SZ2000. Has a woofer and tweeter just like speakers!

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #21,412 of 23,366
Thanks. Have just email-ed them cause live chat is not working at the moment. I will see what they say, but I don't think i will keep these if I don't get the bass I want. The sound is very clear though especially the  treble though slightly sparkly? which shouldn't be the case. 

So I guess the question now is whether to speak to amazon for a replacement or a full refund to get another brand/model of headphones.

I am really disappointed. After reading everything on head-fi for days, I had come to the conclusions that my search had ended and these were THE headphones for me to replace my Sennheiser PX100 IIs or IE80s (when I don't want to use IEMs.)

There is no way the PX 100 IIs should be outperforming the M100s. 

Feb 10, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #21,413 of 23,366
  The sound is very clear though especially the  treble though slightly sparkly? which shouldn't be the case. 

Yes, it should be the case: the treble is boosted. The only clear thing about the Crossfade LP, on the other hand, is its sparkly treble, which sounds astonishingly realistic in contrast to how muddy all the other frequencies are.

Feb 10, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #21,416 of 23,366
Compared to my Audeze planar headphones and most everything else I've heard the m-100 have more than ample bass. Too much for me and I usually EQ the bass down by -6db to get closer to the LCD-2. This from the HA-1, X5, iPad, or iPhone 5s, doesn't matter, lots o bass.

Feb 10, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #21,417 of 23,366
  I suppose there's no such thing as a bargain, what you gain in audio quality you lose in build quality. Was seriously considering the M100 but came upon this :frowning2:

Do the cracks affect the sound?

I'm a little late to reply, the cracks have no effect on sound and they are typically barely visible. I only discovered the crack on my M-100 on close inspection. Mind you that I have had my pair for 2 years and wear them so much that my xl pads are beginning to wear out. Build quality is still phenomenal, and if you treat the M-100 like you would any other headphone you should have no problem.

Feb 10, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #21,419 of 23,366
  Thanks for the info. I just can't stand my Grados on planes and buses. I hope the M100 have good isolation?

Compared to grados, yes they do. I do find that when I am using my M-100 on the go I tend to turn the volume up a bit more and I activate the bass boost on whatever amp I am using. This is particularly the case on road trips, where road noise can drown out the low end.

Feb 11, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #21,420 of 23,366
  Hey Guys, just got my pair from Amazon Germany and I love the build quality alot but why is there a distinct lack of bass?

I am running from my iPad and iPhone 6 plus with no EQ settings and PC with V shaped EQ and there is hardly any bass. Even my Sennheiser IE80s and PX100IIs have more bass than this. Weren't these supposed to be basshead cans?

I tried a bass test on you tube and there is definitely low frequency sound, but not the bass punch I was expecting after everything I've read on here. 

Did I get a dud copy? Should I return this for another set or go look for something else?

Edit: After further listening, no improvement ): damn it I really wanted to like this., Some songs I'm hearing more treble than bass and songs are clear and bright which sin't supposed to happen!

Does this pair require significant Burn in?

Well, At first when i received the m-100s, back then my source was a rockboxed clip+, then i listened to my m-100s but i wasn't impressed at all, it didn't sound bad, but nothing special.

i tried to alter with the eq of the clip+ and WTH these cans can rumble like a subwoofer on your ears, and they respond to eq very nice and didn't distort or affect the mids badly,

after that i tried it with my dx50 amped with PB2, X5, Alien Shozy, all without altering the Equalizer and the bass is there, so i think a nice amp here made the difference.

I think your problem is with the source, before thinking they are defective, try them on other source, or perhaps purchase a clip+ they are awesome little devices for may be 35$, you can't go wrong with this purchase, or even try an app with equalizer for iphone 6 ( no experience here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back