V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 9, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #10,156 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

It is the weekend though, so I'm confident Monday will have a WHOLE LOT of shipping confirmations. 

I'm hoping mines will come on Monday lol it was sent of Friday and estimation is 1-3 days so....  hopefully :D

1-3 business days? It'll probably be there Tuesday or Wednesday. At least you're getting yours much sooner than I am haha. Snail mail :frowning2:

Dec 9, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #10,157 of 23,366
kind of annoyed that I don't know when my preorder will ship, but I could order from amazon and know that it would arrive on Tuesday.
http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00A39PPI0/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1355080944&sr=8-6
ir

Guess its time to cancel the preorder. The extras aren't worth waiting IMO.

Dec 9, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #10,159 of 23,366
I'm not sure what to put my playback EQ settings at.
Source: HP Laptop with beats audio (Came pre-loaded with my laptop <.<). Ipod touch 4G. Preferred: Home listening. It has 2 options: Beats Studio and Beats Tour. I'm not sure which sounds better, both are meh so I want to customize the settings.
Music interest: Piano, Pop, Dubstep, lots of other stuff.

Is there anywhere I can find EQ settings for different genre types?
Or is there anything else anyone here would suggest I do to my computer to make it sound better? Like buy a DAC? :0

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Also. I know I don't need an amp but I'm considering buying one. I think the bass is a little much on the M100s for some music types. Is there any amplifiers that reduce the bass or that would allow the overall sound to stand out at a lower volume and the bass to stay the same? :O Another wards I'm looking for a non-expensive (50-150 price range) amp that brings out the details more. Any suggestions? So far I've looked at some that were mentioned on this thread previously like E7, E07K, E11, E12, etc. but not sure which is the best pair for details on the M100s. :)

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #10,162 of 23,366
Quote:
Lesson learned. Don't order DVD players anymore. Who does that anyway? Haha.

Windows requires a DVD player you know if you build a new computer
tongue.gif

Quote:
I o
I ordered snail mail the free option and they are sending it priority 1-3:)

haha that's what I did and I was also suprised by the 1-3 day thing it said hehe 

PS nice profile pic I just noticed what it was when I saw the v moda logo then looked closer lol

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #10,167 of 23,366
Quote:
Haha, its weird on Spotify how many different versions there are. Some having harder hitting bass than others on the drums

Yeah, it's a very commonly performed song...I don't even remember who is the performer of mine honestly, I'd have to dig the CD out of storage.  I think the London Philharmonic is a pretty good one though.

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #10,168 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Windows requires a DVD player you know if you build a new computer
tongue.gif

haha that's what I did and I was also suprised by the 1-3 day thing it said hehe 

PS nice profile pic I just noticed what it was when I saw the v moda logo then looked closer lol

Thanks on the pic, ya it was a really pleasant surprise

Mailing Date: 12/7/2012
Est. Delivery: N/A
Service: First Class International (R)

First Class International means..... what?

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #10,169 of 23,366
Quote:
Hm you make a good point there.
Going from what Stereophile and Head-Fi define "detail" to be:

So your thoughts of detail seems to be about right, lesser equipment loses detail. On the other hand, I and others have found the bass to veil the lower-mids a bit, which does cause some loss of details at a relatively overall equal volume level. That's why I had such a hard time volume-matching the M-100 to the MDR-V6 because I don't know what part of the frequency spectrum to match it to; I ended up doing a rough job at determining the overall volume.

I've always focussed on the mids, ignored the bass and turned it up until I can hear the mids like I would comfortably on a headphone with a flat response, at this point the bass is pretty loud, but that's the point... It's not too loud though, and I don't feel it's damaging my ears in any way. I also find doing it this way helps with my mixes, knowing exactly what the bass level should be at when the mids are at a certain (perceived overall) loudness helps me keep consistency across a variety of sound systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back