V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #10,187 of 23,366
Dec 9, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #10,188 of 23,366
Quote:
Does anyone here know of a comparison between the M80 and the M100? I recently read a review listing the faults of the M100 and am leaning more towards the M80 at the moment. Are there advantages of the M80 over the M100? How about vice versa?

http://noblehifi.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/v-moda-m-100-review.html

Still to listen to them myself, but the M100's have a bigger bass response, and a better treble response with less roll off on the highs.

I was thinking about getting the M80's myself until I learned about the M-100's. I will know in about a week if my decision proved worthy

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #10,189 of 23,366
Quote:
Does anyone here know of a comparison between the M80 and the M100? I recently read a review listing the faults of the M100 and am leaning more towards the M80 at the moment. Are there advantages of the M80 over the M100? How about vice versa?

Still to listen to them myself, but the M100's have a bigger bass response, and a better treble response with less roll off on the highs.

I was thinking about getting the M80's myself until I learned about the M-100's. I will know in about a week if my decision proved worthy.
That review I found very negative, whereas I've read some that highlight a lot of plus points.

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #10,190 of 23,366
Dec 9, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #10,191 of 23,366
Quote:

It depends on your personal tastes. I would prefer the M-80's more balanced sound over the M-100 for home use, but for mobile use I would definitely go for the M-100 as it's the best mobile headphone I've touched so far. Modding the M-100 makes it more appropriate for home listening on the other hand, so I'm not too sure. I'll need to compare the two (M-80 and modded M-100) someday after I finish up finals this week.

Also, I'll be going to a local Head-Fi meet next week, so I can see how different DACs and amps sound with the M-100. I'm guessing it won't make too much of a difference for solid-state amps, but I'm curious to see how it affects the sound with a tube amp (Schiit and Woo Audio amps for example); and yes I am aware that tube amps have a high output impedance which isn't ideal for low-impedance headphones...hopefully someone there will have a Bottlehead S.E.X. tube amp, but I am doubtful.

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #10,192 of 23,366
And they arrive on a Sunday afternoon, what a surprise I got taking out the trash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voUeSoMuOZk

pretty glorious so far. 

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #10,194 of 23,366
So as much as I have loved my M-100s, I have to say, I have finally found the place where they just break down.  I had a day out and about today, and while I couldn't even tell I was wearing the cans (huge increase in comfort over my normal use case), they just didn't perform sonically they way I am used to.  I am not sure if it was the background noise, or what, but in the end, I am quite disappointed.  I guess these aren't the be all end all cans that I thought they were.

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #10,195 of 23,366
Quote:
So as much as I have loved my M-100s, I have to say, I have finally found the place where they just break down.  I had a day out and about today, and while I couldn't even tell I was wearing the cans (huge increase in comfort over my normal use case), they just didn't perform sonically they way I am used to.  I am not sure if it was the background noise, or what, but in the end, I am quite disappointed.  I guess these aren't the be all end all cans that I thought they were.

I lol'd

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #10,196 of 23,366
Quote:

IN WHAT WAY??

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #10,199 of 23,366
Quote:
And they arrive on a Sunday afternoon, what a surprise I got taking out the trash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voUeSoMuOZk

pretty glorious so far. 

Ah, you live in Brooklyn like me. Can you tell me how long they took to get to you, did you select standard shipping like me?
My headphones are now in Richmond, CA which is only about 40 mi away from where I live... with any luck I might be getting them tomorrow :D

You should definitely receive them tomorrow it takes no longer than two hours to drive 40 miles, enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back