V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #8,135 of 23,366
Do the extra shields come with extra wingplates? And will the LP2/LP shield/wingplates work on the M-100?

The reason I ask is because I'm totally digging the white silver look, and was hoping to get the crimson red shields... It'd look really sweet if it came with crimson red wingplates as well, though.

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #8,136 of 23,366
Quote:
Do the extra shields come with extra wingplates? And will the LP2/LP shield/wingplates work on the M-100?

The reason I ask is because I'm totally digging the white silver look, and was hoping to get the crimson red shields... It'd look really sweet if it came with crimson red wingplates as well, though.

The M-100 unfortunately does not have replaceable wingplates. D:

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #8,138 of 23,366
Quote:

Just a couple pages back Val said that replacement pads and the larger pads should be available in ~8 weeks.  He didn't indicate how many sizes though.

He said that the proper M-100 pads would be available. We still have no estimated date for the 'bigger pads'. I still want to know if I will even get the proper pads I ordered.

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #8,140 of 23,366
Quote:

.... And those are my thoughts from 3 days of A/B'ing both headphones. I plan on comparing them more, but I am extremely happy with my upgrade from my M50 to my M-100. It's a bigger cost, but worth it - especially for the M-100's. IMO.

Thanks BRSxIgnition! That's very helpful. I have to say I am leaning towards the M-100 more and more 

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #8,144 of 23,366
Quote:
...and now I am more jealous. lol 

I wouldn't be jealous. All they got extra was a boom mic, at the consequence of getting tested on headphones that don't even have the proper parts due to scarcity.

Kind of glad I didn't get in on the pre-purchase batch. Although, I do have to wait 2 extra months now-- and at the same time I am still wondering how much the boom mic will cost separately... Here is to hoping they don't overprice a piece of wire. =_= It would suck to pay 310$ for something, and then have to use a separate device for skype/ventrilo/teamspeak.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #8,145 of 23,366
Quote:
BON VOYAGE, PRESS RELEASE IS RELEASED!

http://v-moda.com/v-moda-unveils-crossfade-m-100/

Nice job on the press release :D!!

Quote:

This article made me almost tear up at first, but then I jumped in the air and gave myself AND ALL OF YOU GUYS a virtual high-five in the mirror!

"V-MODA is a small company out of Hollywood, California that is perhaps the most diligent audio accessory maker on the planet. They make one new product a year. That's it. They're well known to the biggest audio freaks on the planet, because they don't just comb through audiophile forums looking to figure out what people want--they ask. They crowdsource ideas. Their return rates are very, very low. Every component, every material is chosen after weeks or months of testing, personally, by maybe two guys. Val Kolton, the founder of the company, traveled back and forth to Japan to listen to dozens of potential drivers. They tossed aside plastic in favor of good, honest metal and leather and fabric. The M-100s spent more than three years in development. Not that Sennheiser and Shure and Audio-Technica aren't serious--they just make things in bulk, and none of them have a CEO who can discuss the strengths and weaknesses of various types of air regulation as regards noise isolation. V-MODA's brand of obsession is Apple-level crazy. Good crazy."

Big congrats!! That is an extremely impressive (and accurate) summary of V-Moda & you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back