V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 13, 2012 at 3:47 AM Post #4,291 of 23,366
Quote:

Also, I searched up "VTF" on the V-Moda website, and it appears that somebody's been searching for "VTF" and "VTF-100", as the two came up as Related Searches. Perhaps it might be a good idea to mask the PPU's under a different title.

I think that may have been me 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #4,292 of 23,366
Quote:
Question, I've never seen an LP2 in-person, but how could the M-100 be a "matter-than-matte" black colour compared to the LP2? Was there a certain part of the LP2 that wasn't matte-black?

It looks pretty matte-black to me:

The LP2's only somewhat glossy section is that thin band of metal separating the cup and the pads. In all, it is indeed a beautiful specimen of a matte-black headphone. Suffice to say, the LP2 is one of the most beautiful headphones out there. In fact, the only thing I would improve on the design is to make the V-MODA branding more prominent.

Aug 13, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #4,294 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeeah Nation!

Fellow Nation-ers? Represent.

Looks like we got less competition for these. I feel like I have more of a chance now
tongue.gif
 good luck getting everything down for Tuesday, Val!

Aug 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #4,296 of 23,366
Been visiting this thread every now and again for a few months now. Definitely looking forward to these. Have the original Crossfades and was a fan of LP2. My big head prevented me from buying the 80s, but the 100s are definitely something I'm interested in. Will be interested to see how smoothly initial purchases and delivery go.

Aug 13, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #4,297 of 23,366
I have a pretty important question. 
The smallest setting is a bit too big for my head on the LP 2's but is better on the M-80's, which I own and use everyday. 
How will the settings be on the M-100's?

Aug 13, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #4,298 of 23,366
Quote:
I have a pretty important question. 
The smallest setting is a bit too big for my head on the LP 2's but is better on the M-80's, which I own and use everyday. 
How will the settings be on the M-100's?

This is a good concern actually, I think there would be room to make the headbands shorter at the shortest setting, I don't concider myself having a small head but I was nearly at bottom on LP2. Overall the design of the headband looked fairly long / deep I have to say.

Aug 13, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #4,299 of 23,366
Quote:

This is a good concern actually, I think there would be room to make the headbands shorter at the shortest setting, I don't concider myself having a small head but I was nearly at bottom on LP2. Overall the design of the headband looked fairly long / deep I have to say.

Yeah it's hard to say. However, don't forget that you can bend/flex the headband to adjust to different sized heads/shapes (as was for the case of Tyll and the M-80).

http://youtu.be/aAwm-14yBDc?t=3m45s

Aug 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #4,301 of 23,366
Quote:

Aren't many of the physical attributes of the LP2 recycled for the M-100...?  If I had to guess, fitment will be similar if not identical.

Aug 13, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #4,302 of 23,366
Quote:

Aren't many of the physical attributes of the LP2 recycled for the M-100...?  If I had to guess, fitment will be similar if not identical.

Most likely is yea. Just saying the LPs headband looks almost unusually long for headphones and I can see it being too long for small heads. Would probably be room to make it start curving sooner so it's more round than oval. I concider my head about average if not on the slightly bigger size almost at my age but I still had to use LP2 almost at the smallest setting, was it one or two clicks up on both sides.

Something like this would probably be better:

Since the design also appeals to a wide variety of people and certainly to younger people as well I think it's probably a bit too long currently to be optimal.

Aug 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #4,303 of 23,366
I would love to be able to get these whilst on holiday... Do you deliver to Barbados? Roughly how long would it take?

Aug 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #4,304 of 23,366
Quote:

I've actually been wondering for a long time if any parts of the LP2 are recycled for the M-100. They are almost visually identical. 

The M-80s were obviously entirely new headphones. Yes, they kept the same overall design as the LPs, but they didn't share actual parts with the LPs because everything was scaled down in size. Therefore the headband was new (both the outer suede-like material and the steelflex headband, which though it operates on the same principle as the LPs can't be the actual same part because of the size differences), the plastic bits at the ends of the headband had to be new, the yokes had to be new, the earcups, earpads, cable entry, etc. all had to be new.

With the M-100s, you could take an LP2, replace the yokes with hinged yokes, replace the non-cable entry earcup with one that has an entry point, and change the color scheme and come out with something that visually looks just like M-100s. 

I would appreciate it if Val could chime in and let us know if parts from the LPs/LP2s have been recycled for the M-100s, and if so, how many. I'm not talking about design, because obviously the overall design is the same, I'm talking about actual individual parts. I wouldn't hold it against them if a few minor parts are recycled, as companies do that all the time, but I would really appreciate it if Val could be honest about what is shared with the LPs/LP2s. "The plastic bits at the ends of the headband have been reused because we found that they worked perfectly for the LPs/LP2s, but the steelflex headband (though similar to the LPs/LP2s) is actually tweaked to reflect the additional research we have done since the LPs/LP2s came out and user feedback on those, the earcups are also similar but the parts come from a different mold with slightly altered dimensions that we found more aesthetically pleasing..." stuff like that is what I'm looking for.

The LP2s (as far as I know) were physically the exact same as the LPs, aside from the color scheme and accessories. Basically LPs with revised SQ. We know the M-100s are supposed to differ in SQ from the LPs even more than the LP2s did, but are we again talking about the same physical build (aside from color scheme, hinges, and 2nd cable entry)?

Aug 13, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #4,305 of 23,366
Quote:

Yeah, I have it at the smallest setting and the cups are not around the ear, the top of the cup is a bit down the ear. It's fairly good on the M-80's but they're not as noticable if they don't fit. Since they're supposed to be on the ear anyways. I would very much appreciate it if the headband was a little bit shorter than on the LP2. I don't want to have to but a sock on my head for the earcups to fit around my ears. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back