V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 15, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #3,391 of 23,366
Quote:
So - I actually forgot now, and I want to ask if anyone remembers; the two colors available for PPU Order are Matte Black and Regular White, right? Too lazy to look through 226 pages to see where he said what colors they'd be.

If Matte Black isn't an option.. I may just wait for the full version - even if it means paying for shields separately. 
frown.gif

I knew those bookmarks would be handy some day, hehe.

Quote:
PP PRODUCTION NOW and looks like end of July and ship early August! 

EXCITING TIMES!!!
We'll setup PP units on site and give custom options, in the meantime everybody can select their custom graphics and colors.  We'll include the stock shields PLUS custom kit soo we can laser engrave and photograph your custom kit first.

Note: I'm not sure if this applies to PPU's or if it's for the final-product.
Quote:
Guys, the three colors are now "MATTE BLACK METAL", "SHADOW (BLACK/RED" and "WHITE SILVER". 

What do you think about phantom chrome LP though?

I'm having a hard time deciding final colors and launch sequence, its tough!!!...  I wish I could launch 5 again like LP, but it creates supply chain nightmares.

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #3,392 of 23,366
Quote:

I knew those bookmarks would be handy some day, hehe.

Note: I'm not sure if this applies to PPU's or if it's for the final-product.

It applies to the final product - those don't say what the two-sets of PPU's will be.. Thanks anyway though. 
tongue.gif

Thanks Mike - damn though, now I will have to wait - even if I don't want to. 

I guess I could get white, depending on what shields come with 'em - but we'll have to wait for that to be announced.

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #3,394 of 23,366
Quote:
It applies to the final product - those don't say what the two-sets of PPU's will be.. Thanks anyway though. 
tongue.gif

Thanks Mike - damn though, now I will have to wait - even if I don't want to. 

I guess I could get white, depending on what shields come with 'em - but we'll have to wait for that to be announced.

On second thought, in an earlier post you asked Val some questions and he answered them. I'm not sure what brushed shields mean though (matte? brushed aluminum?).

Quote:
PPU Accessories - yes
White = white case/silver shields Black = matte black case/brushed shields
Customs = you can order them TODAY as they are fully swappable with LP/LP2

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #3,395 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm definitely getting the White/Silver scheme, regardless. I just have to cross my fingers that the PPU's don't go on sale in the middle of the day during my work!

I'm having the same worries here - I rush home to check if they've gone up; every day.  I will get white as long as the shields aren't chrome. Gunmetal would work better - or another dull shade/texture of grey.

Not to be rude, but give us a sign Val!

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #3,396 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm having the same worries here - I rush home to check if they've gone up; every day.  I will get white as long as the shields aren't chrome. Gunmetal would work better - or another dull shade/texture of grey.

Not to be rude, but give us a sign Val!

If I'm able to snag a PPU, I think I'll choose orange shields for the free custom kit offer that Val mention. Got the perfect image (to me) for them too.

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #3,399 of 23,366
Quote:
If it's like on my LP2's, it's kind of a matte black (with lines in it, like it was applied with a paint brush).

So in other words, the Shadow Black colour will have red accents (red cables, red metal plate above the yoke, red inner headband padding?) but with a matte-black "Ear Shield":

Jul 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #3,400 of 23,366
Quote:

So in other words, the Shadow Black colour will have red accents (red cables, red metal plate above the yoke, red inner headband padding?) but with a matte-black "Ear Shield":

No - it will have a "brushed" dark gunmetal type shield. Think.. a brushed aluminum texture, on a dark charcoal colored-shield. That's what you'd get.

Another question, this one at Head-Fi - do you think it would be possible for V-MODA to make a pure 'white' shield? Something like the matte black shields, but in a pure, pure white? I could definitely buy a white model with one of those. It would look amazing having a pure white set of M-100's. Val, can you answer this? I'm almost not kidding when I say that I would pay for the machinery used to just make one pair of pure white shields.

Jul 15, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #3,401 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm almost not kidding when I say that I would pay for the machinery used to just make one pair of pure white shields.

Why not go the DIY route like I suggested earlier?

Jul 15, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #3,402 of 23,366
Quote:

No - it will have a "brushed" dark gunmetal type shield. Think.. a brushed aluminum texture, on a dark charcoal colored-shield. That's what you'd get.

Another question, this one at Head-Fi - do you think it would be possible for V-MODA to make a pure 'white' shield? Something like the matte black shields, but in a pure, pure white? I could definitely buy a white model with one of those. It would look amazing having a pure white set of M-100's. Val, can you answer this? I'm almost not kidding when I say that I would pay for the machinery used to just make one pair of pure white shields.

I always wondered why there wasn't any white shields.

Jul 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #3,404 of 23,366
I'd honestly just paint my shields.
If it gets scratched up, time to paint something new. Gets you all the designs you want at your own expense.
Making it stay is the issue at hand, and nothing like taking good care of your new M-100 to do that.

Tension buildups are a little on the high side here. How about a little break from thinking about the M-100? Not to dissuade you all from buying it but I think buyer demographic does influence some people's buying choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back