V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #3,421 of 23,366
Quote:
P.S.  Reading between the lines, IMHO, I think it is likely V-Moda will launch a universal portable headphone amp (compact, rechargeable, no DAC) under $200 with the launch of the M-100 or shortly thereafter.  As with Vamp, it may be a modified rebrand- maybe a FiiO E12????  The market is too big to ignore and I think Val was dipping his toe in the water with Vamp.

I doubt it, Venturecraft and Fiio will only compete more s time goes on, and you wouldn't burn one good bridge on a gamble easily. I do suspect the next VAMP will be based on the Go-Dap x, for several reasons,
  • it can work with PC's which implies USB audio, which will work with Jelly bean, filling a gap in the market, especially with all the SGS3's being sold
  • It is made by a company with which they have a relationship
  • it will be the easiest to configure, coming from the VAMP (Go-Dap 4 variant) and should provide some really good sound
  • AnakChan hinted that Venturecraft don't do things by mistake, which reinforces the Android compatibility theory
  • Val has hinted on facebook about building an Android VAMP.

I win. lol

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #3,422 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm personally more a measurements guy when I know what to look for and how to translate that to my own personal tastes and therefore I patiently await Tyll's measurements. :) Of course they don't tell the full picture but a whole lot, besides frequency response balance you can get a sense of the speed, treble harshness vs softness, imaging from Tyll's measurements but yea of course I check both measurements and reviews but I like Tyll's reviews for the measurements. :p

I respect the objective value of measurements, but feel that passion for music is purely emotional based on feeling and can't be quantified or reduced to statistics.  However, I will acknowledge that I haven't done comparisons at that level to see the correlation between measurements and perception of sound quality.

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #3,423 of 23,366
Quote:
I doubt it, Venturecraft and Fiio will only compete more s time goes on, and you wouldn't burn one good bridge on a gamble easily. I do suspect the next VAMP will be based on the Go-Dap x, for several reasons,
  • it can work with PC's which implies USB audio, which will work with Jelly bean, filling a gap in the market, especially with all the SGS3's being sold
  • it will be the easiest to configure, coming from the VAMP (Go-Dap 4 variant) and should provide some really good sound
  • AnakChan hinted that Venturecraft don't do things by mistake, which reinforces the Android compatibility theory

I win. lol

While I admit your assumptions are more specific and detailed than mine (and based more on factual information than gut instinct), they are still assumptions until the next amp is announced, so you haven't won yet........ :)

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #3,424 of 23,366
Quote:
While I admit your assumptions are more specific and detailed than mine (and based more on factual information than gut instinct), they are still assumptions until the next amp is announced, so you haven't won yet........ :)

I'm gonna bet my famous left nut that I'm right.... again.

Jul 16, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #3,425 of 23,366
Quote:
I completely agree on the silver.  IMO, Glossy = cheap; brushed= class

Brushed will always feel like it's better quality than anything glossy. Glossy material shows smudges, scratches, and more - so much more easily. Here's hoping.
Quote:
I'm gonna bet my famous left nut that I'm right.... again.

I wish I had a famous left nut... 

As long as the bass hits hard, the mids are engaging, and the treble is detailed - I'm in. If they're all balanced, with the M-80's soundstage, I think we may have a new big competitor for the closed $300 crown.

We'll see with the PPUs, I guess.

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #3,426 of 23,366
Quote:

I've removed some unnecessary argumentative posts. Please people, read the Posting Guidelines and make sure to follow them, because I don't want to have to delete any more. 
beerchug.gif

Thank you, based Currawong.

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #3,427 of 23,366
Quote:

I win. lol

Android does not need to have compatibility with AMP's. Its all about hardware, since Android runs on SEVERAL types of hardware its safe to say that this next VAMP will be for non-iProducts.

I can only hope it works with my Zune, and that it will come out before I consider buying one. But that is another story for another time and a far interest of mine to worry about right now.

Also not to shake the cage, but to all those asking about custom shields/plates, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DOING SO UNTIL AFTER THE M-100 LAUNCHES.

Look at it this way. Val is currently doing all he can to please us while trying to manage his company and also trying to get out onto the market his next Main Shipment Product which he is doing his damn hardest to make sure is perfect by his specifications and ready for our judging ears! He is doing all he can to make the majority of us pleased and I see and appreciate it greatly that he has gone to such lengths for us.

The last thing that he should need to worry about is new custom shield/plate colours! These are things that are already offered and will expand over time when Val has the time and funds to expand it. Begging him to work and worry about it now nearing the eve of the M-100 launch will not do anything but cause misconception to other members and stress for Val as he can only do so much in such pressing times! You have to understand that he is not Santa Claus and cannot whip up everything that everyone wants at every instant! You just have to realize that there are more important things right now that need to be done before worrying about things like this. Its not like they are not replaceable, that is the whole idea behind the shields is that they are interchangeable/swappable. You can buy shields at any time from his site (hell he said it MULTIPLE times himself that the M-100 shields are the same as the LP/-2 shields!) so you know that when it comes down to it he is far from done with options. You just have to give him time and patience, I am sure when the M-100 is out in stores and things settle a bit for him he will be able to take in as many ideas as he can for shield options. Hell I would not be surprised that if the M-100 sells big time he might expand his customizations to offer full range customizations for an above but reasonable fee. But that is just a theory and I am not poking or praying for it to happen anytime soon. It takes a lot of work to put into this whole thing and right now asking for such things is almost ignorant to what is being done right now.

I am not calling out any members of the forum either. I have seen a whole lot of you all do nothing but ask Val for different coloured shields and whatnot. No names will be present in my mind (and like I give a damn) because I just see nothing but people asking left and right for the same thing. Nothing is wrong with suggestions, but please give into account of what Val is working on right now and understand that it will be quite awhile before he can get to these matters. I am not speaking on his behalf only from an understandable point of view of someone that works hard to give the best he can for us.

If anyone feels "offended" by what I have said somehow, I am sorry. If you want to argue with me as much as I really do not care please keep it private or PM. I just do not want to have this thread any more of a mess than it has been in the past while. Lets all be mature about this please!

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #3,428 of 23,366
No offense taken, and none intended here, but you probably shouldn't have ranted like that. I know what you're trying to do, but that may just start people arguing again.

The shield talk has stopped, we're just talking about the sound, vamp, and waiting now. There really isn't much to do but wait now.

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #3,429 of 23,366
Quote:
No offense taken, and none intended here, but you probably shouldn't have ranted like that. I know what you're trying to do, but that may just start people arguing again.
The shield talk has stopped, we're just talking about the sound, vamp, and waiting now. There really isn't much to do but wait now.

^^This, The Doctor your a bit late to the party, btw I tl;dr that post

Jul 16, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #3,430 of 23,366
My personal favorite on the shields so far has to be the ones from the M80s.  I just think that brushed black is slick as hell!  I alos really like the white.  But I already had mine before the white ones hit the streets.

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #3,431 of 23,366
V-moda support just got back to me and informed me that for custom shields each order is for 1 design on both sides. Darn it, I was hoping to have a different image for each shield! Guess I'll have to order two shield kits.

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #3,432 of 23,366
Quote:
My personal favorite on the shields so far has to be the ones from the M80s.  I just think that brushed black is slick as hell!  I alos really like the white.  But I already had mine before the white ones hit the streets.

I hope there are brushed shields when the PPUs start coming in cuz I want my customs to be one of those babies. You just can't beat brushed.

Jul 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #3,433 of 23,366
$90?! That's basically 1/3 the cost of the headphones!  I realize there are costs but let's be realistic, they're taking our provided line art, making sure it fits on the cups, aligning it in a CAD-like program and pushing a button for the machine to do the rest.  $45 for that service is almost all margin.  Using two designs is definitely not double the amount of work.
Unless their software is configured to use one piece of artwork for both cups and there's no option for using different art on each plate, but that would be some really cripplingly limited software that if you ask me.

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #3,434 of 23,366
Well you can just contact them to get one design per shield. A friend of mine's done it before. What they were probably referencing was the normal ordering method, in which case one design does get printed onto two shields.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back