V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 14, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #3,362 of 23,366
Quote:
Agreed whole-heartedly; I think that everyone is getting testy, since we're at the point now, where it's so close to launch, and all we can do is wait for news and PPU's from Val. There's no longer much we can help with - to the point that anyone who makes suggestions is criticized.

Agreed on the TMA-1 as well, I had mine for about 4 months, and ended up selling it. It needed an EQ to sound balanced at all, and that ate away at battery on my iPod.
Agreed - I'm in the same boat. Looking at the PSB M4U 2's, just like you Craigster75 - but if these sound better for cheaper.... You get the picture.

This wait is killing me!! 
deadhorse.gif

lol Just be grateful you haven't been waiting for these since the M-80 came out. Although I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait.

And DF, I totally agree with your assessment of the M-80 compared to the TMA-1. Very different cans IMO.

Jul 14, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #3,364 of 23,366
Quote:
Does anyone have pictures to show the different [planned-released] colours? I don't know what the difference between matte-black and shadow black looks like. Thanks.

If you can picture it in your head - Matte black is the "All Black" color scheme. Smooth black shields and cups, black stitching on the headband, and matte black Y-pieces. Shadow is the "Red + Black" color scheme, with glossy black cups, brushed metal shields, and a dark/faded crimson for the stitching, accents, and cables.

If you cannot picture it, here you go: 
wink.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Finally, a picture comparing the two schemes with the M-80 and LP2.
 ​

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #3,366 of 23,366
Quote:
If you can picture it in your head - Matte black is the "All Black" color scheme. Smooth black shields and cups, black stitching on the headband, and matte black Y-pieces. Shadow is the "Red + Black" color scheme, with glossy black cups, brushed metal shields, and a dark/faded crimson for the stitching, accents, and cables.

wink.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Indeed, that's probably the case for what's going to be for the "matte black metal" for the M-100. Maybe some more metal, but that's about it. Just note that that last picture is of the V80. The regular M80 has a black inner band, and the only difference between all black and shadow is some red highlights and stitching. Also the cups are glossy.

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #3,367 of 23,366
Quote:

I think the a White + Red combo is the way to go. That just a personal favorite color scheme of mine, though.

I know man thats what I originally wanted! But I told myself no, in fear of it being to flashy and stuff. Ah screw it, I'm going with the White+Red combo it looks beautiful! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
My personal fave is the matte black metal, but I wish it had the shields from the the shadow version.  The brushed aluminum look is awesome.  Val, is there anyway to get the matte black metal with the brushed aluminum shields?

I think the only way to get that is by buying them both and switching shields, I know it suck but what can you do. Or maybe V-moda might do a special request for you. This brings up a more interesting question though. Should Val make the brushed aluminum shields an option for custom shield kits?

Jul 14, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #3,368 of 23,366
Quote:

wink.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

For shadow, I think the V-80 instead of the M-80 scheme would be better. The m-80 scheme would be a little too close to complete matte black IMO.

Jul 15, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #3,370 of 23,366
Quote:

wink.gif
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Ah ok, thanks for the pictures.

Jul 15, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #3,371 of 23,366
What's up everyone, I've been following this thread for quite awhile waiting for the M-100's to be released and finally decided to join in the fun. Anyhow hopefully no one minds if this is slightly off topic but I wanted to ask Val if he is going to bring back the dark blue shields? If so hopefully before the M-100 release? I see that the ocean blue is back up on the website but no dark blue yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back