Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. - Page 143

post #2131 of 20985

Well, considering these are Over-Ears like the M-80 and LP's, the yield should be higher - I'm assuming at least 75% for both sets.

 

Also, Val; here's some of the questions + some I just thought up:

 

  • Will they (the PPUs) come with everything a normal unit would? (Case/Cables/Accessories)
  • If yes, will the case also be White (for the white/silver) and Black (for the Shadow)?
  • What ear-shields will be included in the package for both the White Silver and the Shadow? (Teal? Milano Red? Gunmetal? Other? - One set? Two?)
  • If we will be able to order custom ear-shields with the PPUs? Or will they have to be ordered separately? Any new colors being released alongside these?
post #2132 of 20985
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post

As I understand it, the V-Moda headphones like the M80, LP2 and the M100 are semi-open instead of closed, so there's some isolation lost there in exchange for a better sound and more soundstage. I think that's what the vents on the ear cups are for.

 

It's a glass half full/half empty debate but I like to be different and say "semi-closed" because the V3 porting is also a cosmetic part to symbolize our slogan, "Veni. Vidi. Vici.".  The ports would be much smaller if it was not part of the design as people have seen that took apart M-80s. 

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

 

WAIT...WHAT?!

 

Is this confirmed? I know there were some pre/proto M-100's out there that were gunmetal but I thought they would not be using it in production in favor of the "Shadow" theme?

 

There are alpha M-100s in all matte black, but ATM we don't have them scheduled for production as it'd look too close to LP2 which is selling briskly, perhaps due to so many 5 star reviews and MI4's Ethan Hunt aka Tom Cruise, AVICII and recent DJ popularity. 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craigster75 View Post


The posts have been flying lately, but I am almost sure gunmetal and white were mentioned specifically as launch colors.

 

White Silver + Shadow are the launch colors now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Thanks for that info - its really cool how things have to be balanced, and you can't make a headphone for all purposes, it has to me (for the most part) built for one purpose only. I hope we get a good, balanced M-100, but that it still has punchy, ~ 9-10db bass.

 

Wow, we are right there as it is 8dB from its bass peak at 100hZ to 1kHz and it is 9dB from 100hZ to 2kHz!  PERFETTO.  8 is my lucky number.   

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by largemouth bass View Post

My math is kinda fuzzy.  Does this mean there will be 400 pre-production units? (not including the 200 for destruction lab testing)


YES. 600-200=400 ;>.  Approx 100 for press/sales/beta leaves ~120-200 for sale if we don't sell any of the 200 destructive test dummies.  

 

We need a name for the units that go through destructive testing, any ideas?  

Reply
post #2133 of 20985
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRSxIgnition View Post

Well, considering these are Over-Ears like the M-80 and LP's, the yield should be higher - I'm assuming at least 75% for both sets.

 

Also, Val; here's some of the questions + some I just thought up:

 

  • Will they (the PPUs) come with everything a normal unit would? (Case/Cables/Accessories)
  • If yes, will the case also be White (for the white/silver) and Black (for the Shadow)?
  • What ear-shields will be included in the package for both the White Silver and the Shadow? (Teal? Milano Red? Gunmetal? Other? - One set? Two?)
  • If we will be able to order custom ear-shields with the PPUs? Or will they have to be ordered separately? Any new colors being released alongside these?

 

PPU Accessories - yes

White = white case/silver shields Black = matte black case/brushed shields

Customs = you can order them TODAY as they are fully swappable with LP/LP2

Reply
post #2134 of 20985
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

 

We need a name for the units that go through destructive testing, any ideas?  

"The Survivors"?

"The Vetrans"?

 

.... Yeah I got nothin'.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

White = white case/silver shields Black = matte black case/brushed shields

 

Awesome about the other two answers - but is is possible to get brushed aluminium with the white as a "special Head-Fi'er request" in our order? You don't seem to sell those separately (unless you are talking about the "gunmetal"?

 

Also:

 Any new colors (of ear shields) being released alongside the M-100's?


Edited by BRSxIgnition - 6/22/12 at 9:41pm
post #2135 of 20985
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

 

We need a name for the units that go through destructive testing, any ideas?  

How about something simple yet popular - "The Battle-Scarred".  I think it's a good name to describe what those headphones will be going through, as well as also sounding totally cool and badass.

post #2136 of 20985
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post


We need a name for the units that go through destructive testing, any ideas?  

The Subsisters?

post #2137 of 20985

How about labrats? :p  That is what they are when you're testing them XD

post #2138 of 20985

You should name the pairs that go through destructive testing Vampires- because you're basically putting a stake through their hearts (and dreams) since they'll never be able to have an owner! :( you monster.... Other than that, they can be called the Red Shirts, since they're destined to DIE! T.T


Edited by Haydenhai - 6/22/12 at 9:58pm
post #2139 of 20985
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentsin View Post

How about something simple yet popular - "The Battle-Scarred".  I think it's a good name to describe what those headphones will be going through, as well as also sounding totally cool and badass.

 

Scar is always a great word, reminds me of one of my fav book/songs "scar tissue"...

 

I vote some iteration of "Scar"... love Veteran too and it looks a bit like "Veneto" or "Venezia" when I speed-read the letters quickly.

 

HD650 Owners?

Curious, anybody here own a HD650 that plans on getting a M-100?  I have some qs for you. Don't worry, we aren't trying to copy the HD650 at all, thats not how we roll.  However, it is one of the few headphones I have with me on this trip to calibrate the community expectations to.


Edited by valkolton - 6/22/12 at 9:58pm
Reply
post #2140 of 20985
"Scars of Valor"
post #2141 of 20985

VAMPires - Indestructible, visibly appealing creatures of the night who bare the scars of flame and punishment, but can only be vanquished by treble Spikes to the heart.

 

The First Monkeys in Outer Space - So that one day, humans could moonwalk on the go.

 

Eggs - In order to make an omelette...

 

M-99 - Nighty-night, brave sacrifices.

 

Sparta's Rejects

 

We Fold - Poker reference, or technical feature?

 

and.... (drumroll)

 

The Silence of the Cans

post #2142 of 20985

This thread is such a unique experience, being able to talk to the CEO of a headphone company as he develops an up-and-coming set of headphones. Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated on everything that goes on, Val. You're the best.

 gs1000.gif

That being said, I do have a question. I saw a custom "Val Kolton" V-Moda on some Facebook page for custom shield and V-Modas (I am unclear if it was a model made/affiliated with you), but is there any chance you will release a "signature" edition of the M-100 similar to that at some point?

 

EDIT: I found it on your V-Moda page.

404512_10150585692873092_1128442030_n.jpg


Edited by Tus-Chan - 6/22/12 at 10:10pm
post #2143 of 20985
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderNhan View Post

VAMPires - Indestructible, visibly appealing creatures of the night who bare the scars of flame and punishment, but can only be vanquished by treble Spikes to the heart.

The First Monkeys in Outer Space - So that one day, humans could moonwalk on the go.

Eggs - In order to make an omelette...

M-99 - Nighty-night, brave sacrifices.

Sparta's Rejects

We Fold - Poker reference, or technical feature?

and.... (drumroll)

The Silence of the Cans
These are good. Some funny also (eggs - in order to make an omelet)
post #2144 of 20985
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

 

Scar is always a great word, reminds me of one of my fav book/songs "scar tissue"...

 

I vote some iteration of "Scar"... love Veteran too and it looks a bit like "Veneto" or "Venezia" when I speed-read the letters quickly.

 

HD650 Owners?

Curious, anybody here own a HD650 that plans on getting a M-100?  I have some qs for you. Don't worry, we aren't trying to copy the HD650 at all, thats not how we roll.  However, it is one of the few headphones I have with me on this trip to calibrate the community expectations to.


I don't use them that often but I have a pair of hd650s and I plan on getting the m100s

post #2145 of 20985
Quote:
Originally Posted by valkolton View Post

 

Scar is always a great word, reminds me of one of my fav book/songs "scar tissue"...

 

I vote some iteration of "Scar"... love Veteran too and it looks a bit like "Veneto" or "Venezia" when I speed-read the letters quickly.

 

 

Kinda obvious and too easy, but worth a try:  The Scarred Veterans

 

Here are some others:

Vendetta Scars

Vampiric Scars

Scars of Vengeance

Scarred Vindication / Scarred Vindicator


Edited by innocentsin - 6/22/12 at 10:29pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.