V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 25, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #21,721 of 23,366

1.  No issues w/ build, they just are quite popular.  All of the models are "low stock" at Amazon, so I just think they need to do another production run.

2.  Obviously yes.  White vs. Black

3.  I think you can buy a separate case if you really want a black one.

And no you don't need an amp w/ the M100s...they are extremely easy to drive so you'll most likely be fine w/ whatever phone you're driving them with.  That's one of the M100s most impressive features...no amps necessary.

1) White will be back in stock in 1-2 weeks max, they arrive at the port on Friday (but that has been a big problem lately due to strikes)!  But we don't have too many and will be OOS again in ~3 weeks for about 4 weeks I predict. Of course they are still in production, it is just impossible to perfectly predict supply chain!

Amazon is low and/or out of stock on a lot of our products right now we noticed, but we have all on V-MODA.com - they will be stocking up I am sure next Monday even though it says up to July 2nd.

3) si but the case is now grey on whites (and we sell the black ones on V-MODA.com) 

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #21,722 of 23,366

I have ordered the V-Moda M-100 White Silver however I have received intimation that there would be 6-8 week delay in dispatching these while the shadow and black are readily available.

According to the shopkeeper at the hi-fi store here in Chongqing last week, in China, the opposite is true at the moment. They could order a white-silver pair for me and it would arrive in 2-3 days, but one of the black designs might involve a longer wait.

I really didn't have a huge color preference, so I had them order a white-silver pair, and picked it up a couple of days later. I'm glad I got that color, since my matte-black and white-silver pairs look pretty cool next to each other!

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #21,723 of 23,366
Best available consumer headphones. For pure music enjoyment for the masses. It is awesome for this purpose.
People who say anything wrong about the M-100 want more than music enjoyment. They want studio monitoring, neutralism, naturalism, more space, more details. And they can find it with opened headphones plus an amp.
But no opened headphones bass is comparable to M-100s bass. M-100 just have such an awesome bass and thick, fun sound... (With no amp needed.)
It was made for enjoying music. Not for analytical listening.
And it is fine like this. These headphones are great fun. Especially with my kind of music. :)
Since I bought my xl pads, they are on my head for hours almost each day. :)

Jun 25, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #21,724 of 23,366
I'm just sitting here waiting for the M-100's Master Edition. And the Revolver!

Jun 25, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #21,725 of 23,366
Anybody have issues with their M-100s suddenly losing sound out of one cup? In my case, the right cup. It's been in its case while we moved back in October and when I took them out to listen, I'm only getting sound from the left ear cup. I was careful not to get the box it was in get banged.

What are my options at this point? Anything else I can do to troubleshoot and hopefully fix it? Thanks in advance!

Jun 25, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #21,727 of 23,366
Anybody have issues with their M-100s suddenly losing sound out of one cup? In my case, the right cup. It's been in its case while we moved back in October and when I took them out to listen, I'm only getting sound from the left ear cup. I was careful not to get the box it was in get banged.

What are my options at this point? Anything else I can do to troubleshoot and hopefully fix it? Thanks in advance!

I read about this issue on Amazon. I would try using the cable in both sides to see if it persists. Of course the headphones included a two-year warranty and you can buy a new pair for $125 if out of that period. Did you not listen to the headphones since October? I've had a similar problem with a pair of Klipsch IE before after not listening to them for months.

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #21,728 of 23,366
I'd like to "second" that -- literally!

Last week I went to my local hi-fi shop of choice: Chongqing Feixiang HiFi Shop, which is an authorized retailer of many big-name brands, including V-Moda. (The shop's online store is here.)

I bought my second Cayin C5 portable amp (it was in stock) and placed my order there for my second pair of V-Moda M-100s, and just picked the latter up from the shop this past Sunday. I got a white-silver pair to complement my 5-month-old matte-black pair, and within an hour of normal listening, the new pair sounded exactly like my older pair -- in terms of sub-bass, mid-bass, mids, highs, and volume level, so that's awesome!

Within the next week I'll be going walking with some friends along the Yangtze River (or Jialing River), and plan to snap some photos of us jamming to the same song -- with the exact same spectacular sound quality and the same full amplifier power -- with the city skyline in the background. I'm sure some of my friends may choose to turn down the volume on "their own" C5 amp and not listen to it as loud as I will, and they may even choose to switch off the bass boost on their amp as well, but...that's alllllllll rrrrrrrright with me!  :D   To each his own!  :wink:

(I'll be using a Y-adaptor splitter on the output of my iPod, with separate cables running to each amp. I'll have the volume on "my own" C5 amp set to maximum with its bass switch on while controlling the volume from the iPod (as I usually do), so my friend won't be able to play his/her M-100s louder than mine and damage the equipment. ha)

Anyway, I sincerely believe that the greatest sound quality in the world was not meant to be relished in isolation, but to be enjoyed simultaneously with friends. So as it stands now, my portable headphone system is truly "complete."

[COLOR=000000]With[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000]proper EQ'ing[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000](yes,...absolutely click, click, click that link)…and proper amping,...the M-100s put out the most amazing sound in the world with any music genre, in my experience! The designed sub-bass emphasis of these headphones makes this feat easier to achieve.[/COLOR] I[COLOR=000000]f you take the natural "sub-bassy" sound signature of the M-100 and combine it with the best EQ presets, the result will absolutely blow you away -- which includes a soundstage that is simply incredible.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000000]That's my story for now. Stay tuned for some fun pics with friends in the coming days, weeks, months, and years! [/COLOR]Matte black and white silver should be lookin' good next to each other.[COLOR=000000] [/COLOR] :L3000:   :k701smile:  

Are there similar EQ presets available I can use on a Mac? I prefer to stream (320kbps+) music over using an iPod.

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #21,729 of 23,366
I read about this issue on Amazon. I would try using the cable in both sides to see if it persists. Of course the headphones included a two-year warranty and you can buy a new pair for $125 if out of that period. Did you not listen to the headphones since October? I've had a similar problem with a pair of Klipsch IE before after not listening to them for months.

Does it happen with more than one cable?

Yes, I've tried another cable and no dice. I also tried plugging into the other cup and same result.

And yeah, haven't listened that long since I have so many other cans too. But I did discover this about a month ago and forgot to get back to them when I had more time. Today, I tried them and same result. I don't know how old these are but maybe they're within 2 years. Probably worth a call. Thanks, guys!

Jun 26, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #21,730 of 23,366
Are there similar EQ presets available I can use on a Mac? I prefer to stream (320kbps+) music over using an iPod.

I've never had a Mac, so I'm not sure. You can try the presets in your iTunes program, but they're not as extreme as mine and may color the sound quite a bit.

Jun 26, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #21,731 of 23,366
  I'm just sitting here waiting for the M-100's Master Edition. And the Revolver!

M-100 Master Edition got nixed. I can't find where I read/heard it, but it was straight from Val.

Jun 26, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #21,733 of 23,366
My m-100's arrived yesterday and i gotta say I love them. I tried to search the thread for a similar problem but did not find anything which would solve the problem I think I am having. This is why I want to ask if any of you guys had the same issue I think I am experiencing. The sound is lovely, however I am feeling something odd, especially when I listen to more bassy music. My right driver is "banging" a little bit more than the left one (I feel the vibration is slightly more). I did the http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php test and everything seemed to be fine. Is there any other way I can check if my right sound driver is louder than the left one and has anyone of you experienced sth. familiar? Thank you for your time and sorry if there was a similar question in the thread before.

Jun 26, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #21,734 of 23,366
  My m-100's arrived yesterday and i gotta say I love them. I tried to search the thread for a similar problem but did not find anything which would solve the problem I think I am having. This is why I want to ask if any of you guys had the same issue I think I am experiencing. The sound is lovely, however I am feeling something odd, especially when I listen to more bassy music. My right driver is "banging" a little bit more than the left one (I feel the vibration is slightly more). I did the http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php test and everything seemed to be fine. Is there any other way I can check if my right sound driver is louder than the left one and has anyone of you experienced sth. familiar? Thank you for your time and sorry if there was a similar question in the thread before.

Flip the headphones around and wear them backwards.  Does it still favor the same earcup?  Also, switch the audio cable to the opposite ear and try it that way as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back