V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 1, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #21,631 of 23,366
So moral of the story, the M-100 is already good enough without an amp.
Although I am still curious how it will sound with an amp.
I'll try out the FiiO E6 since it's small and very cheap.

-B

I have tried my M-100s without an Amp and also with, I have tried them with a Rockbox's Sansa Fuze, Fiio X1, iPod Nano 5gen and an iPod Classic 160GB, for Amp's I have used the Fiio E11K and the JDS Labs C5.  I have tried different Combos, and by far the iPod with the C5 to me sounds the best sofar.

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #21,632 of 23,366
Hey guys till now I had AKG K545 I love how detaled they sound, is the M100 also so detailed? (HiRes and so on) Im listening on the iBasso DX90 also its a beast! :) Im thinking also about Audiotechnica M70, but they call their product ATH-MSR7 high res, not the M70, M70 is only "monitor headphone". I want natural good sound, with no coloured regions cause the colored regions especially the high hurt the ears when listening long periods of time.

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #21,633 of 23,366
I think you'll be disappointed with the M-100 if you like the AKG K545 detail. M-100 has a boosted bass, recessed midrange, and slightly boosted treble. They are a fun headphone, but they lack the clarity of AKG. The M-100 is most suitable for modern music such as Pop, Hip Hop, and EDM.

Jun 1, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #21,634 of 23,366
it depends on the "clarity" the AKG is treble hard also aand that clarity cannot be well noticed outdoors, the awesome bass cannot be noticed outdoors too, you have to volume up, but when you volume up your ears start to hurt cause of the highs, its clear and interesting with hip hop and etc but not fun, it doesnt shake you. the clarity is over the rhythm or how to express myself I think you got my thoughts

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #21,635 of 23,366
  I have tried my M-100s without an Amp and also with, I have tried them with a Rockbox's Sansa Fuze, Fiio X1, iPod Nano 5gen and an iPod Classic 160GB, for Amp's I have used the Fiio E11K and the JDS Labs C5.  I have tried different Combos, and by far the iPod with the C5 to me sounds the best sofar.

How would you describe the M100 via the iPod and C5? I think this combo is very interesting, since the iPod and the C5 would aim for clarity while the M100 is one of the bassier cans that I have tried (and like).

Jun 2, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #21,636 of 23,366
  How would you describe the M100 via the iPod and C5? I think this combo is very interesting, since the iPod and the C5 would aim for clarity while the M100 is one of the bassier cans that I have tried (and like).

The M-100 doesn't need heavy amping tbh. Try Rockboxing your iPod and pair it with say, the Fiio E6...Which amps it but doesn't add color. You'll have a beast on your hands! I was amazed at the breadth and depth of sound in every level with this easy hookup. Be sure to add the 193 Custom EQ Pre-sets for Rockbox by @DiscoProJoe that will unleash the beast. 

Jun 3, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #21,637 of 23,366
I finally received my new pair of V-moda M-100's from Amazon. 

But I have a tough time to pull out the ear pads... Damn. My fingers are hurting a bit haha. Although I don't remember it being so hard to pull it out..

So yeah, still trying. Want my XL pads on them ASAP!!

Jun 3, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #21,638 of 23,366
  I finally received my new pair of V-moda M-100's from Amazon. 

But I have a tough time to pull out the ear pads... Damn. My fingers are hurting a bit haha. Although I don't remember it being so hard to pull it out..

So yeah, still trying. Want my XL pads on them ASAP!!

I think there was some tutorial video on Youtube, linked somewhere in this thread. Be careful, you might tear your pads otherwise...

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #21,639 of 23,366

I think there was some tutorial video on Youtube, linked somewhere in this thread. Be careful, you might tear your pads otherwise...

Yeah after a hour (No lies...), I basically did it.

I'm not sure if it's just me... But I think the left side of my headphones might be just a little louder... Not sure if it's my imagination. :/. Is there a way to check if it's really the case? Then I would send them back to Amazon to receive a new pair. But obviously not, if it's just me. 

Jun 3, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #21,640 of 23,366
You co

I'm not sure if it's just me... But I think the left side of my headphones might be just a little louder... Not sure if it's my imagination. :/. Is there a way to check if it's really the case? Then I would send them back to Amazon to receive a new pair. But obviously not, if it's just me. 

You could have someone else listen to it.

Jun 3, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #21,641 of 23,366

So if you put the left on right side is it still louder? Also, does your source have adjustments for the imbalance?

Jun 3, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #21,642 of 23,366

I love it, to me I have the three way Bass selector on the C5 switched off, and I feel like I am in a room with good speakers.  Its very clear and I am able to enjoy the music as if I am "surounded" in it, if that makes any sense.   With the Bass switched off, I never feel like the Bass is missing, but that its proportional to the rest of the audio.

Just as a reference I listen to these at night once I am off my shift and in Bed until I fall asleep.

Jun 4, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #21,643 of 23,366
I didn't spend much time with the M100 as I was auditioning it in a store, but actually I didn't feel like the M100 has a big soundstage. The bass, while not as much as other closed-back models, was still much more prominent than my Grado's (not necessary better, though). I really liked the way the M100 handle the bass lines in Muse' Hysteria, but the fact that the bass was too prominent gives the impression that soundstage is small.

Anyway I'm considering buying an used pair for $175. Gonna visit the seller today, perhaps I'll spend more time with it.

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #21,645 of 23,366
  I didn't spend much time with the M100 as I was auditioning it in a store, but actually I didn't feel like the M100 has a big soundstage. The bass, while not as much as other closed-back models, was still much more prominent than my Grado's (not necessary better, though). I really liked the way the M100 handle the bass lines in Muse' Hysteria, but the fact that the bass was too prominent gives the impression that soundstage is small.

Anyway I'm considering buying an used pair for $175. Gonna visit the seller today, perhaps I'll spend more time with it.

I think Tyll of Innerfidelity characterized it perfectly:
"It's weird having Linda Ronstadt and the Nelson Riddle Orchestra up on stage and the bass player sitting in your lap."

Yes, I think the M100 sounds best with electronica... can't say anything about Rock, but friends of mine liked that as well. Would not use it for jazz or classical though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back