V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 17, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #21,617 of 23,366
Do you guys know where I can some logos or cool fonts for shields? I am horrible at design. I want some custom shields eventually and everyone here as some nice stuff.

There's a thread about custom shields around here... maybe try searching. Someone might be able to help you out.

May 19, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #21,618 of 23,366
Heyya guys.

I got a question... I hope you guys can reply fast to this.

I bought the V-moda M-100 in matte black... But the serial code/number isn't on the headphone itself. I mean that shiny little code. I actually had the V-moda's in the shadow version and those had the shiny serial code on them. I watched an unboxing video with the matte black ones and that pair has the serial code on them.

I'm seriously confused now, as why mine don't have the serialcode on them. 

You guys think I should send them back? (Bought them on Ebay from an "official" shop/seller with a big number of positive ratings). 

Edit: Nevermind. I approached V-moda and they told me that the company/seller on Ebay sold them illegally. So yeah.. I called Ebay and reported the whole thing. I have to be patient until I receive my money back.

May 20, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #21,619 of 23,366
Send them back. They are fake or at least tampered with (s/n removed). Even if they are the real deal, you will not be able to claim warranty.

Also, V-Moda has a few blacklisted resellers on their site: http://v-moda.com/verified-resellers you might want to check that...

May 20, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #21,620 of 23,366
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
  Send them back. They are fake or at least tampered with (s/n removed). Even if they are the real deal, you will not be able to claim warranty.

Also, V-Moda has a few blacklisted resellers on their site: http://v-moda.com/verified-resellers you might want to check that...

Thanks for the share, good info!

May 20, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #21,621 of 23,366

Yep. I will send them back. I will receive my money back too. So yeah... A waste of time, but at least I learned from it. 

Thanks for the link. I didn't know V-moda had a blacklist. 

Guess I will wait for now to find a good offer for the V-moda's. The current price (244€) is definitely too much imo.

May 22, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #21,622 of 23,366
A refresh does not make your M-100 any less good... There's always the Next Big Thing® just around the corner :wink:

I just bought best buy protection plan 2years.... If the new ones come out I'll return n get $300 credit, I did that with my astro A50 and bought the vmoda m100 lol. Idk why I didn't think of that since I just did it all.

May 31, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #21,625 of 23,366
How do these compare to the beats pro? Price isnt a factor for me. I find the beats pros extremely uncomfortable to wear. Due to the all metal construction, the clamping force is too strong.

These are much lighter than the Beats Pro. Some people have trouble with the clamp initially, but that goes away with time and can be hastened with some stretching. The ear pads can be troublesome too, but the XL pads take care of that.

As a plus, they also sound better!

May 31, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #21,627 of 23,366
How do these compare to the beats pro? Price isnt a factor for me. I find the beats pros extremely uncomfortable to wear. Due to the all metal construction, the clamping force is too strong.

They are not the same at all. The M-100's don't have the sub bass cannon that the Beats have. The bass shines as more of an integral part of the whole rather than the central theme. The bass is present but not to distraction nor does it have the hard thump that is characteristic of Beats signature. I love both for different reasons. Beats are designed for a certain GENRE of music and are king there...with the entry of the JVC SZ2000's I would say that Beats are among my top basshead cans. They are thumpers out of the box. Whereas, I had to pair my M-100's with Viper4Android and a Fiio amp before I got the full throttle of what they can deliver.

As to fit...The V-Moda's comfort depends upon your head size, primarily. They feel good on my average sized head for hours. But they are terribly uncomfortable when I try to wear them around my neck for any period of time. I hope in the future iteration of the V-Moda line that they will fold down when worn around the neck...There are reasons that you may need to take them off your ears but wish to keep them on, especially when out and about. You will find more information in the Basshead thread: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/716711/the-best-bass-headphones-are-the-extreme-bass-club

Jun 1, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #21,628 of 23,366
thanks, guys! I just bought a pair and I LOVE IT! I love the sound, I love the look, and I love how compact it can be.  the only thing I don't like is the strong clamping force.  I had a pair of Sony mdr 1a, and the sony was much more comfortable.  I think they can make the cans a little more wider and slightly more deeper for the next iteration.  Did I mention how cool these look when you put them on? yeah...can't get enough of it.

Jun 1, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #21,629 of 23,366
You can stretch them out overnight by placing them over a shoebox or something similar.

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #21,630 of 23,366
You don't even need to do that; briefly bend the headband into a straight line and back and repeat until it feels right. I've stuffed bits of tissue paper behind the pads of mine to improve the comfort without significantly changing the sound like the XL pads do. They make the bass too loose and boomy for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back