V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 16, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #20,206 of 23,366
Im not sure how Red Jacket Mike was able to get a mediabridge cable to work in his v-moda headphones but I have one of those cables I purchased for something else and it definitely does NOT fit in my m100's. Also the mediabridge cable is heavily shielded, thick, heavy and not very flexible. It is not something that I would recommend for a headphone.

if your looking for a very high quality cable for the m100 I would recommend sourcing a genuine monster/beats cable or making your own out of Redco TGS-1 cable, whatever connector you want on the source side and one of these connectors on the headphone side.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-3-Pole-3-5mm-Male-Repair-headphone-Jack-Plug-Metal-Audio-Soldering-Spring-/281243011459?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item417b63c983

I hope i dont get flamed for this but i actually like the beats/monster cables.

Their overpriced yes, their colour(ehh im indifferent) but the quality and build is good especially for portable purposes (they have the beefy thick ones from beats pro, or the lighter ones from solos, studios.

Anyone noe where i can genuine in CANADA . I noe in the states u can get the cables individually off the monster website. Unfortunately u cant so this in canada.

The vmoda cables are nice but even the speakeasy cable i felt is a bit long.

Anyways i love the purple audio cable , why is it that they kink less> speakeasy. Plus their more pliable.wish it was shorter like 3.5 foot or so. Love the colour

Apr 16, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #20,207 of 23,366
I figured I'd update the status of my m100's, these m100's are exactly 4 months old and although I love the sound and enjoy them very much IMO their quality just does not even come close to the $300 price tag and I'm glad I didn't pay full price for them.

The right earcup is now cracked in two different spots, one on the top left of the cup and another in the ring that holds the earpads. The paint on the yokes is also pretty cheap looking with quite a few imperfections as well and a few spots where the paint has begun to flake off. Also the screws are junk and make this headphone just look cheap once they loose their finish. 

I'm going to be sending these headphones in for warranty soon and hopefully v-moda will just replace them with a new pair.

here are a few pictures to show the cracks. The crack on the earcup started as a small barely noticeable hairline crack but is now a pretty wide very noticeable crack that spans from the screw hole all the way to the edge of the earcup.

Apr 17, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #20,208 of 23,366
Hi guys....

Sorry to bother but i am really interested on the m100s right now.... :)

I listen mostly to edm but from time to time i also like to listen to some audioslave or biffy clyro or even calmer stuff like metronomy, bon, iver, coldplay or florence and the machine....

I previously owned the m50, cal, momentum over ear, mdr v6 and hd25.... My 2 faviurites were the sennheisers but i ended up selling the momentum because the over\on ear fit was not for me because it was odd.

Do you guys think the m100 would suit me? My only fear is that the bass ruins the calmer types of music....

I can get a mint condition of black mattes right now for 165 euros.... Good deal?

Also does v moda sends the xl pads for europe (portugal)? If yes how much is the shipping?

Cheers....

Apr 17, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #20,209 of 23,366
Just think of it as the Momentum kick up to 11, and 165 Euro is a steal if it is real.

Apr 17, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #20,210 of 23,366
If you had fit issues with the Momentum you may face problems with the M-100's too. Many have.

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #20,211 of 23,366
If you had fit issues with the Momentum you may face problems with the M-100's too. Many have.

Thats why i am already asking how much it costs to ship the xl pads to europe.... :)

Yes the ones i am about to get are the real deal. They were bought on amazon and they come with the recipt as proof. :)

Is it me or the material used on the headband of the shadows is different from the one on the matte blacks?

Also in case there is any problem with the v modas where do i send them for repair? V modas purchased on european amazons also are covered by v modas warranty right?

Kick up to 11? Please clarify m8.... I am a dummie i know but that expression is new for me.... :-D

Apr 17, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #20,212 of 23,366

Also does v moda sends the xl pads for europe (portugal)? If yes how much is the shipping?

Yes they do, if I remember correctly, shippingcost is $15, not cheap but well worth it. And if you look at the bigger picture, $35 for the pads, shipped, isn't too bad... At todays exchange rate that's just over €25. And if you tate into account that a set of pads for a Sennheiser, AKG or Beyerdynamic is easily €20-€30 as well when bought locally, it even seems quite reasonable...

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #20,213 of 23,366
Yes they do, if I remember correctly, shippingcost is $15, not cheap but well worth it. And if you look at the bigger picture, $35 for the pads, shipped, isn't too bad... At todays exchange rate that's just over €25. And if you tate into account that a set of pads for a Sennheiser, AKG or Beyerdynamic is easily €20-€30 as well when bought locally, it even seems quite reasonable...

Cool. If i order 2 pairs i will pay the same 15 dollars right?

How about warranty in europe? What do i need to do if i need my v modas fixed?

Can anyone else make a comparison between the hd25s or the momentums and the m100s? I already know that the m100 will be amaxing for edm but right now i am trying to understand if they will be goo for rock stuff like rage against the machine or enter shikari and also quieter stuff like coldplay or radiohead....

About the headbands.... The shadow and the matte black seem to have different materials on the headbands.... Wich is more durable?

As a little more help to make you guys understand my sound preferences i also did not like the mdr 1r very much, too watm and muffled to my ears and lacking a bit of bass... Momentum and hd25 still my top choices....

Apr 17, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #20,214 of 23,366
Thats why i am already asking how much it costs to ship the xl pads to europe.... :)

Yes the ones i am about to get are the real deal. They were bought on amazon and they come with the recipt as proof. :)

Is it me or the material used on the headband of the shadows is different from the one on the matte blacks?

Also in case there is any problem with the v modas where do i send them for repair? V modas purchased on european amazons also are covered by v modas warranty right?

Kick up to 11? Please clarify m8.... I am a dummie i know but that expression is new for me.... :-D

You are correct. The material for the Matte Black is a pleather of some sort while the Shadow is a type of suede.

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #20,215 of 23,366
The M's are good at all genres, if you're willing to use a good EQ. I particularly like them with German metal bands such as Rammstein, Oomph & Megaherz. They're also great for the likes of Röyksopp, Air & Yello. I wouldn't pick them for orchestral works or classical music & jazz isn't their forte but they're not terrible at those genres.

Apr 17, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #20,216 of 23,366
  Mfarrer74, Aeration, Zorrofox,
Thanks a lot!

SpiderNhan,
Great job! Thank you so much!
If it's not so hard, also please can you tell me something about this two songs?
Billy's Band - So Long I'll See Ya (Tom Waits Cover) (Start listening from 01:08)
Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name

P.S.
Now I'm not far away from the make an order :)

Don't feel like getting in-depth at the moment, but both songs sound great. Vocals on So Long I'll See You were smooth and engaging. Guitars and drums on Killing In the Name are dynamic and suck you in while the vocals are never overpowered and ring clear.

Apr 17, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #20,218 of 23,366
Don't feel like getting in-depth at the moment, but both songs sound great. Vocals on So Long I'll See You were smooth and engaging. Guitars and drums on Killing In the Name are dynamic and suck you in while the vocals are never overpowered and ring clear.

I didn't listen to Rage when I auditioned the M-100's but I did listen to Tool, Sevendust, Foo Fighters and some Police for something a little different. In every case, the bass was solid, but completely overpowered the vocals. I'm used to a pretty flat frequency response from speakers with maybe a little more warmth in the midbass. So far, the PSB's and the Momentums have been my two favorites. I'm a little older, having grown up on 80's Pop and Metal so my musical tastes are a bit different. The closest thing I'd have to electronic music would be something like Depeche Mode, which most of you guys would laugh at me and say that's not electronic or EDM or whatever.

To me, the M-100's sound like live rock music in a small club. The bass is very solid that you can feel in your chest. It's intoxicating for a while but eventually becomes fatiguing. Just an alternative, somewhat older (almost 43 yr old) opinion.

BTW, congrats on the ANW audition. That's some badass athleticism there!

Apr 17, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #20,219 of 23,366
You don't think Depeche Mode sounds good through the M's? Seriously?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back