V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 18, 2014 at 9:40 PM Post #20,236 of 23,366
Hi guys :) Had my M-100's now for a fair while and I love them, especially with the XL pads. Unfortunately the screws that hold the left earphone to the main band have snapped, as shown here.   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh/qo8fhizkx7gkz1c/z1veVDQs_H/20140418_172235.jpg?token_hash=AAFwG3-2SA5fQsL_ZFpVBgJ9PQF6T6NhNTrQZjZZ-cdY4g

Now my issue is.. I've been quoted $80-100 to send it back to America for warranty repair ( I'm in Australia )  so.. I'm wondering what my options are. Any idea if I could get this fixed in Australia? or.. a type of shipping that is secure and has warrenty/tracking that will cost a bit less then $80? 

Thanks guys

Naz

Apr 19, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #20,237 of 23,366
Hi guys :) Had my M-100's now for a fair while and I love them, especially with the XL pads. Unfortunately the screws that hold the left earphone to the main band have snapped, as shown here.   https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh/qo8fhizkx7gkz1c/z1veVDQs_H/20140418_172235.jpg?token_hash=AAFwG3-2SA5fQsL_ZFpVBgJ9PQF6T6NhNTrQZjZZ-cdY4g

Now my issue is.. I've been quoted $80-100 to send it back to America for warranty repair ( I'm in Australia )  so.. I'm wondering what my options are. Any idea if I could get this fixed in Australia? or.. a type of shipping that is secure and has warrenty/tracking that will cost a bit less then $80? 

Thanks guys

Naz

Whoever quoted you ripped you off.
Step one - remove headphones from box
Step two - places headphones in case
Step three - place headphones in parcel bag
Step four - pay $25-30.

I live in Australia as well, man. I've sent my V-Ms back before, and they don't need the box. Just the cables, headphone with cushions attached, and case.
Make sure to print out your conversation with the support team so the engineers know what to replace or fix.

Enjoy, man.

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #20,239 of 23,366
Apr 19, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #20,240 of 23,366
Wich gets damaged more easily? Wich shows more signs of wear?

I'm not sure. I've only had the Matte Black XS for a few weeks now. I can share my experiences with the White Silver headband on my M-100. If I work from the assumption that the Matte Black headband is the made from the same material as the White Silver headband, then the Shadow headband is the most durable. I've had my Shadow V-80 for over 2 years and there are a few scuffs on the headband that are barely noticeable. My White Silver headband is cracked and some parts of the headband have peeled away revealing the foam padding underneath. I fixed it liquid leather.

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #20,241 of 23,366
I have leather LP2s and leather XS. I used to have a shadow M100 and scratches are very ugly on it, whereas leather scratches 'hide' themselves.

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #20,242 of 23,366
I am asking thi because a couple of days ago i saw someone selling a pair of matte black on ebay and although little there seemed to be some peals on the heaband.... i dont like that very much.... i assumed that the shadow ones being suede would be less prone to wer and tear but after your replys i guess they both show wear about the same....

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #20,243 of 23,366
Hey guys, just got my M100s last week and I must say I'm impressed, it sounds really good, I did find the original pads a bit too shallow for my ears so I put an order in for some XL pads, hopefully I'll get them next week or so.
Now the reason I post this is because I wanted to ask if anyone has seen anything similar, while changing the shields today I noticed the left earcup is a bit loose on the metal frame, basically there is a give and it moves left to right by a few mm, take a look at this image and you'll see where I mean this is happening http://imgur.com/QAG7wD9 , just wondering if anyone else has seen this and if it's something I should be worried about, I dont really want the earcup to eventually come off! 
Thanks!

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:38 PM Post #20,244 of 23,366
I like the matte ear cups better and those seem more durable and less prone to getting scratched, but the suede headband of the Shadow seems more durable than the other headband (fake leather?). 

So, I think overall they are about the same really. 

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #20,245 of 23,366
  I like the matte ear cups better and those seem more durable and less prone to getting scratched, but the suede headband of the Shadow seems more durable than the other headband (fake leather?). 

So, I think overall they are about the same really. 

shadow is my favourite color scheme, red and black
cool.gif

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #20,246 of 23,366
  Hey guys, just got my M100s last week and I must say I'm impressed, it sounds really good, I did find the original pads a bit too shallow for my ears so I put an order in for some XL pads, hopefully I'll get them next week or so.
Now the reason I post this is because I wanted to ask if anyone has seen anything similar, while changing the shields today I noticed the left earcup is a bit loose on the metal frame, basically there is a give and it moves left to right by a few mm, take a look at this image and you'll see where I mean this is happening http://imgur.com/QAG7wD9 , just wondering if anyone else has seen this and if it's something I should be worried about, I dont really want the earcup to eventually come off! 
Thanks!

There is some kind of safety mechanism in place: the cups can pop out of the metal frame to protect them from breaking if dropped. So if the screws directly adjacent to the red circles on your photo are tight everything should be alright. Just checked with my pair and they do move a tiny bit.

Apr 20, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #20,249 of 23,366
^ you'll love the xl pads, super comfy, they completely envelope my medium sized ears. Although I still have an issue with my left ear touching the driver. My left ear protrudes from my head a little more than my right ear (I know, I'm an asymmetrical freak) , and the softer xl cushions compress more than the stock pads. IMO, for my ears, the stock ear pad/cushion density with the xl size would be perfect.

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #20,250 of 23,366
Yea cant wait to get my XL pads, i ordered last Saturday but havent got em yet, but on the website it says 3 to 5 days to ship, so i assume i will get them this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back