V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 15, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #20,176 of 23,366
  The way Beyerdynamic-style pads come on and off is best to me. If you've ever messed with that, it's super easy and plenty secure. Basically there's a rubber-ish ring on the bottom of the earpad that slides around a small plastic lip on the ear cup. Easy as pie. 

Same goes for Sennheiser. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #20,177 of 23,366
  You all should really try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neAMkgYta9M#t=83

Pardon my short derail of the thread.

I think Haywyre is pretty awesome, they've done something that most monstercat artists don't do. That would be hard and fast sine wave synthesizers. Plus their room effects and reverbs are quite awesome on open back headphones!

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #20,178 of 23,366
  I've been looking for a kink-free audio only cable for the M-100s (and my XS), but the V-Moda audio only cables are almost 6 feet long.  They are light and flexible but they do tend to kink up.

I found a Mediabridge cable on Amazon that fills the bill.  The link is HERE.

I just got a couple of them in today; they cost $8.00, and are available on the Amazon US site.  They are very well made, and the step-down connectors fit perfectly into the M-100s and XS, and also into my iPhone with a case on.  They are not quite as flexible as the stock cables, but they do not kink at all, and they look great.  Secure connection, good sound, no noise.

The 2 foot length is great for when I keep my iPhone/Vamp Verza in an inside jacket pocket.  The 4 footer is plenty for carrying the phone and amp in any other pocket.  

Thanks for posting this. I've got the Fiio cable which I use mainly on the M-100 set I've got, and the quality/construction is decent, though the earpiece connector is long, sometimes rubbing my shoulder. These have that issue at all? From the pics it looks like they aren't as long as the Fiio cable. (strain reliefs) Went ahead and ordered a couple for the M-100 and XS I have here. 

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:29 PM Post #20,179 of 23,366
When the cable is plugged in, the exposed part of the connector is about 3/4" long, so no--no rubbing.  In this photo you can see the stepped down ring that allows the plug to fit inside the M-100 jack securely.

Apr 15, 2014 at 10:15 PM Post #20,180 of 23,366
Pardon my short derail of the thread.

I think Haywyre is pretty awesome, they've done something that most monstercat artists don't do. That would be hard and fast sine wave synthesizers. Plus their room effects and reverbs are quite awesome on open back headphones!

Yeah they are more unique. The only artists I liked so far from Monstercat are Haywyre, Muzzy, and Insan3lik3.

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #20,181 of 23,366
I have a question for verza owners who also own the fiio e18. If this has been discussed I apologize.

I recently got the e18 for my m100 and it was an instant eargasm. I love the combo. Is the verza $400 or so better than the e18?

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #20,182 of 23,366
This might work: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-MIXIT-Right-Angle-Auxilary/dp/B008V63D04/ref=pd_sim_sbs_cps_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=0R4KG07A32Q3NTP80PPX

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #20,183 of 23,366
  This might work: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-MIXIT-Right-Angle-Auxilary/dp/B008V63D04/ref=pd_sim_sbs_cps_6?ie=UTF8&refRID=0R4KG07A32Q3NTP80PPX

I should have bought this instead of the v-moda cable... the v-moda cable costed me $25 including shipping =\

Apr 16, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #20,184 of 23,366
On the subject of cables, I bought an orange SpeakEasy to replace my damaged gray SpeakEasy, and the orange one is WAY stiffer and kinkier. There are some right angles on the orange cable that are never going to straighten out. I think I'll go with a black SpeakEasy next time I need a replacement to see if it's more pliable. The audio-only and SharePlay cables are so soft and even the black cable on the BoomPro is nice, just incredibly long. Why can't the SpeakEasy cables feel that way?

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #20,185 of 23,366
On the subject of cables, I bought an orange SpeakEasy to replace my damaged gray SpeakEasy, and the orange one is WAY stiffer and kinkier. There are some right angles on the orange cable that are never going to straighten out. I think I'll go with a black SpeakEasy next time I need a replacement to see if it's more pliable. The audio-only and SharePlay cables are so soft and even the black cable on the BoomPro is nice, just incredibly long. Why can't the SpeakEasy cables feel that way?

That was my observation too. I never use the SpeakEasy cable even though its length is much more appropriate compared to the SharePlay one. My guess is that extra cabling for the voice and control features are needed in the SpeakEasy cable, so it naturally becomes less pliable.

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #20,186 of 23,366

MATTE vs. SHADOW - A SALES # QUAGMIRE

PRE-PS- Sorry typos do not have much time!

Forum team - the sales data of Matte vs Shadow is AMAZING and a quagmire that we cannot solve.  When we first launched M-100, Matte Black destroyed Shadow in sales.  After New Years, Shadow beat Matte Black.  Since then, it is wildly neck to neck and has huge variations month to month that we cannot make sense of. I will ask my CFO if we can share a graph of Matte vs Shadow vs White sales, but it is quite amazing.  There is ZERO logical sense in the drastic sales patterns.  We just have to make black models equally.  

Perhaps it is customization and the adoption of M-100 as a standard for DJ use too?

Here is my theory variables:

1) Matte black is better for customization as it works with all color shields and cables (early adopters had time to customize but normal customers did not) 
2) Shadow is unique with the suede (our suede is durable as we coat it and we offer lifetime 50% off policies for extreme abuse)
3) Matte somehow is the weapon of choice for Musicians/DJs

It is sad as Shadow was the M-80 "launch color" and was inspired from Italian sports car interiors, Apple's retail team friends and even Deadmau5' manager who said we should make a mouse hair headphone. However, we chose not to make an XS in Shadow color right now as we are making more shields and cable colors to complement them.  

Many other brands pushed red/black too hard and it was copied by everybody. We moved our brand logo and everything to a dark red years ago from Pantone 186 to 188c to stay different.  The red we chose is deep and sexy compared to others. However, we still wanted to rocket ship to venus versus zag so we moved to black/white with a hint of orange as a brand that declares we are all about vintage virtues. (ROYGBIV? - no we'll skip yellow for sure) 

I admit, I love dark red, suede and stitching as it is like high-end cars so it will be a staple to the V-MODA collection forever.  However, we will be more seasonal in our CMF selections (Colors/Materials/Finish). 

#SOMEZIGSOMEZAGVMODAROCKETSTOVENUS

Future Shields or Ideas?
We made a lot of variations of M-100 in development including Avicii Headphones made from Ralph Lauren Denim & Supply denim  (that are in stores) and a 24k edition, but we never sold them.  What do you want in the future if we release a special color?  I made a matte green shield that is AMAZING with Matte Black, the best IMO... it'll be available in a few days. SURPRISE.

-V

Val, I would really love to see a Chanel version of the White M-100's (ala the Rolls Royce and Range Rover White seating with Black or Navy piping). You could also do a limited edition Gold shield with interlocking C's or a variation on that theme with the buyer's interlocking initials. Of course the V-Moda lettering logo etc would all be gold instead of silver. Ltd edition.

Apr 16, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #20,187 of 23,366
Apr 16, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #20,188 of 23,366
Just ordered the XL pads, and the RED straight cable, hate the orange color cable, but i hope the XL pads works for me, my left ear hurts when i have the M100s on for about a half an hour, will let you guys know if they work.:)

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #20,190 of 23,366
One thing that bothers me is that the hex screws holding the hinge assembly together can get loose. I haven't tightened mine for a couple of months and this happened today:

I just checked mine and they are as tight as I remember them when they were new. No loose screws. You have dissected your M-100 more than anyone here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back