V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #1,666 of 23,366
I hope the M-100 comes out VERY soon.  I am now becoming curious about the Denon Urban Raver circumaurals.

Lol! Maybe it's your profile picture, but reading your posts about "Better be soon! Is it perfect? I'm curious if other existing cans are better. Better if it comes out soon. What's it like? I can't sleep I'm so excited!" makes me think of a doggie whining for dinner scraps, despite the dog bowl full of chow in the kitchen. Don't take offense to that though: I loved my dogs and their tail-wagging, whole hearted enthusiasm. That enthusiasm is part of what makes preview buzz exciting :)

I hope the headphones you get blow you away compared to what you have. And then you can get on with finding new music, which of course change the dynamic of bass, spaciousness, etc more than any speaker product. I guess I would caution you to step back and ground your expectations a bit, so that you can live with whatever you get once the new toy sheen wears off, but still... I hope day one feels as freely happy as a 7yr old's Christmas morning for you!

Jun 6, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #1,667 of 23,366
Quote:

I will try to choose my words carefully not to ruffle any feathers here.  But I find it a bit cheeky and presumptuous that you already have plans to trade/sell a prize that you haven't won yet.  Sure, if you win it, it's yours to do what you want with but kind of undermines the whole spirit of the competition, no? We have all been waiting so long for the release of these headphones/amp, to win it would make it that more special. I go to bed and wake up thinking about the M-100 and Vamp.  Even if for some reason it turned out not to be my go-to setup, I would hold on to it as a token of my achievement much like a trophy. 

Yeah the possessive attitude ruffles my feathers too. In the end though, it doesn't affect me unless I choose for it to, and whether or not it has any effect on the judges is out of my power. I sincerely hope it means as much to the winners as it would me, but I wouldn't actually go check. I'll still have a coupon, and I'd just get on with doing what I want within my power.

Jun 6, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #1,668 of 23,366
By presence do you meant more bass quantity...I read allot of contradicting information regarding this haha :D

Will this mean in the middle of M80 and LP2 or just a tad more than M80?

Cheers 

I mean quantity, from what I read, but none of us will know for sure until it comes out.

Jun 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #1,671 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

I will try to choose my words carefully not to ruffle any feathers here.  But I find it a bit cheeky and presumptuous that you already have plans to trade/sell a prize that you haven't won yet.  Sure, if you win it, it's yours to do what you want with but kind of undermines the whole spirit of the competition, no? We have all been waiting so long for the release of these headphones/amp, to win it would make it that more special. I go to bed and wake up thinking about the M-100 and Vamp.  Even if for some reason it turned out not to be my go-to setup, I would hold on to it as a token of my achievement much like a trophy. 

yeah, my bad. After reading that post it does make me seem like an a-hole.... 

Jun 7, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #1,673 of 23,366
Quote:
Yeah the possessive attitude ruffles my feathers too. In the end though, it doesn't affect me unless I choose for it to, and whether or not it has any effect on the judges is out of my power. I sincerely hope it means as much to the winners as it would me, but I wouldn't actually go check. I'll still have a coupon, and I'd just get on with doing what I want within my power.

For me and 054k4, we got a bit ahead of ourselves for sure, but its not like we don't want it anymore then you. And I have been dreaming of it for a while. I promise you neither of us tried to come across as pompous a-holes, its was all "IF" based. I mean how can you not think of what you would do if you win? 

Buit like I said we did mean to be rude, or obnoxious but i can certainly see how it came across that way, I already apologised to Largemouth bass, but I'll make a more blanket apology to everyone:

Sorry everyone who entered, we did not mean to be rude, and insinuate that we won or that we were the only ones in the running, we are just so excited and nervous we can't help but to think of it.

Jun 7, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #1,674 of 23,366
Quote:
For me and 054k4, we got a bit ahead of ourselves for sure, but its not like we don't want it anymore then you. And I have been dreaming of it for a while. I promise you neither of us tried to come across as pompous a-holes, its was all "IF" based. I mean how can you not think of what you would do if you win? 

Buit like I said we did mean to be rude, or obnoxious but i can certainly see how it came across that way, I already apologised to Largemouth bass, but I'll make a more blanket apology to everyone:

Sorry everyone who entered, we did not mean to be rude, and insinuate that we won or that we were the only ones in the running, we are just so excited and nervous we can't help but to think of it.

Mr. WiR3D, you are a scholar amongst Philistines.

Jun 7, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #1,675 of 23,366
Quote:
Mr. WiR3D, you are a scholar amongst Philistines.

redface.gif
 (now picture a 110kg, 6 foot 4 motorcyclist blushing... yeah)

Jun 7, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #1,676 of 23,366
Quote:
For the most part I have found this to be classy forum.  Doesn't have the back and forth chest inflated arguing tirades that is found all over the internet.  I learn a lot of new stuff on here also. But I cringe everytime I have to read a 'Beats bashing post'.  It's kind of like when I'm at a stop light and the guy in front of me has that sticker of Calvin (?) pissing on Ford, Chevy, Dodge whatever....I am embarrassed for him and feel a bit sorry for him also.  Why perpetuate something that means nothing to you?  Why have such disdain for what others enjoy? Enjoy what you want. Just let it go.

Oh, but without Beats around, what's there to unite this forum? Nothing gets the Sennheiser, Denon, AT, Beyerdynamic fanboys together like a Beats bashing thread. 
biggrin.gif

/s

Jun 7, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #1,677 of 23,366
Quote:

Oh, but without Beats around, what's there to unite this forum? Nothing gets the Sennheiser, Denon, AT, Beyerdynamic fanboys together like a Beats bashing thread. 
biggrin.gif

/s

Lets not bring this up again. not in this thread anyway

Jun 7, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #1,678 of 23,366
Quote:
Lets not bring this up again. not in this thread anyway

There are countless threads on this topic, so I see nobody really gets tired of it.

Still, I'm not one to participate in active Beats bashing. Sure, they are really expensive, but they aren't that horrible either.

But yeh, let's leave that for another thread for another day.

Jun 7, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #1,679 of 23,366
Didn't find an official v-moda thread so i hope i can ask here, i just bought the LP2 and so far i'm liking it, i tried the wire that has the mic and controls and it seems as if i can only pause and play the music. Can't increase the volume, etc. is this a common problem with androids? Thanks!

Jun 7, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #1,680 of 23,366
Quote:

biggrin.gif

/s

lol As soon as I can figure out a way to use them effectively for my entry, I plan to creatively destroy the beats studios that I have (thankfully I was not the one that paid for them, they were a poorly thought out gift a few years ago).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back