V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 6, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #1,652 of 23,366
Quote:
Assuming that I win, nope. I don't even have an iPhone and would be selling it to go to my next headphone (the LCD-2 or the HE-500). There's a head-fi meet up in Chicago next week and if fortunate enough to get a pair of M100s, I would want to take it there. Not sure if I am going yet though.... but one thing is certain, we need more impressions. 

Thats true, I'm curious to see how they stack against my D2000. I won't sell the M100 though, I will get plates saying "beats killer" or something mildly offensive and prance around varsity with them like some arrogant prick 
rolleyes.gif
 But considering I'm 6 foot 4, weigh 110kg, do strength training and ride a Blackbird, I dont think anyone will complain lol

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #1,654 of 23,366
Quote:
Thats true, I'm curious to see how they stack against my D2000. I won't sell the M100 though, I will get plates saying "beats killer" or something mildly offensive and prance around varsity with them like some arrogant prick 
rolleyes.gif
 But considering I'm 6 foot 4, weigh 110kg, do strength training and ride a Blackbird, I dont think anyone will complain lol

I have a similar plan with my M80s, the irony of getting the Beats logo engraved on red shields is almost impossible to resist =P

On that note, do V-MODA ship internationally?

Jun 6, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #1,655 of 23,366
Quote:
...I'll probably trade mine for a Go-Dap X because It should work with my modded Android.

Quote:
...I don't even have an iPhone and would be selling it to go to my next headphone (the LCD-2 or the HE-500).

I will try to choose my words carefully not to ruffle any feathers here.  But I find it a bit cheeky and presumptuous that you already have plans to trade/sell a prize that you haven't won yet.  Sure, if you win it, it's yours to do what you want with but kind of undermines the whole spirit of the competition, no? We have all been waiting so long for the release of these headphones/amp, to win it would make it that more special. I go to bed and wake up thinking about the M-100 and Vamp.  Even if for some reason it turned out not to be my go-to setup, I would hold on to it as a token of my achievement much like a trophy. 

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #1,656 of 23,366
For the most part I have found this to be classy forum.  Doesn't have the back and forth chest inflated arguing tirades that is found all over the internet.  I learn a lot of new stuff on here also. But I cringe everytime I have to read a 'Beats bashing post'.  It's kind of like when I'm at a stop light and the guy in front of me has that sticker of Calvin (?) pissing on Ford, Chevy, Dodge whatever....I am embarrassed for him and feel a bit sorry for him also.  Why perpetuate something that means nothing to you?  Why have such disdain for what others enjoy? Enjoy what you want. Just let it go.

Jun 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #1,658 of 23,366
Quote:
For the most part I have found this to be classy forum.  Doesn't have the back and forth chest inflated arguing tirades that is found all over the internet.  I learn a lot of new stuff on here also. But I cringe everytime I have to read a 'Beats bashing post'.  It's kind of like when I'm at a stop light and the guy in front of me has that sticker of Calvin (?) pissing on Ford, Chevy, Dodge whatever....I am embarrassed for him and feel a bit sorry for him also.  Why perpetuate something that means nothing to you?  Why have such disdain for what others enjoy? Enjoy what you want. Just let it go.

Why?

I believe Tyll Hertsens explained it quite succinctly in a CNET podcast I watched. Beats are a double-edged sword to the hi-fi industry. They open countless people up to the world of hi-fi, but in an incredibly mediocre fashion. When a lot people get a hold of Beats, and then they listen to those, they think that "oh, this is the best that audio can sound like, meh", and get a false and bad impression of hi-fi audio.

I want to spread my knowledge and love of sound to other people, so I do something that makes them challenge and question me. It also doesn't hurt that it strokes my ego a little bit, but the point isn't to be an elitist.

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #1,659 of 23,366
Quote:

/this

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #1,660 of 23,366
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I will try to choose my words carefully not to ruffle any feathers here.  But I find it a bit cheeky and presumptuous that you already have plans to trade/sell a prize that you haven't won yet.  Sure, if you win it, it's yours to do what you want with but kind of undermines the whole spirit of the competition, no? We have all been waiting so long for the release of these headphones/amp, to win it would make it that more special. I go to bed and wake up thinking about the M-100 and Vamp.  Even if for some reason it turned out not to be my go-to setup, I would hold on to it as a token of my achievement much like a trophy. 

Quote:
Why?

I believe Tyll Hertsens explained it quite succinctly in a CNET podcast I watched. Beats are a double-edged sword to the hi-fi industry. They open countless people up to the world of hi-fi, but in an incredibly mediocre fashion. When a lot people get a hold of Beats, and then they listen to those, they think that "oh, this is the best that audio can sound like, meh", and get a false and bad impression of hi-fi audio.

I want to spread my knowledge and love of sound to other people, so I do something that makes them challenge and question me. It also doesn't hurt that it strokes my ego a little bit, but the point isn't to be an elitist.

Were going a bit off topic here, I'm going to take this conversation private, you both have valid points, but this is not the place for beats bashing (as much as I would enjoy to)

EDIT: and Largemouth I am going to publicly apologize if we offended you discussing what we would do if we win, I have been dreaming of winning since I came up with the concept. And your entry is actually my favourite (creative, funny, illustrates the issue at hand, and unique)

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #1,661 of 23,366
Sorry if this was already covered but hard to go through 100+ pages of posts...

So basically the M-100 will be close to the sound of M-80 but it will be over ear and similar size to the LP's? If so, Ill wait to get this since I want over ear (I read great reviews for the M-80 but I don't like on ear).

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #1,662 of 23,366
Quote:
Sorry if this was already covered but hard to go through 100+ pages of posts...

So basically the M-100 will be close to the sound of M-80 but it will be over ear and similar size to the LP's? If so, Ill wait to get this since I want over ear (I read great reviews for the M-80 but I don't like on ear).

Yes, it will also have a little more treble energy, and bass extension and presence compared to the M-80. It will also be foldable.

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #1,663 of 23,366
Quote:
Yes, it will also have a little more treble energy, and bass extension and presence compared to the M-80. It will also be foldable.

By presence do you meant more bass quantity...I read allot of contradicting information regarding this haha 
biggrin.gif

Will this mean in the middle of M80 and LP2 or just a tad more than M80?

Cheers 

Jun 6, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #1,665 of 23,366
Quote:

I actually boosted the HD25-1 to red on my ZO2.3. The bass output certainly improved, but I'm actually accustomed to even greater levels in regards to punch, impact and quantity. I guess I'm really a basshead. :D

Most of my cans have pretty much greater bass quantity than the HD25-1. Quality is a different thing altogether, as I quite like the tight presentation of the Sennheisers. Still, I feel the bass impact of the M50s is just about the same (or slightly less) as the HD25-1 for me, and the AT is sometimes regarded as an entry level basshead can.

The XB500 is a huge step forward from the HD25-1 & M50. If you like the HD25-1, you might want to skip the XB series, as they are all about quantity, and little fidelity. You might want to try the HFI 580s instead. They have increased bass presence whilst retaining some semblance of quality across the mid-range. The treble highs tend to get a little harsh, though.

I mean on non bass heavy music its on yellowish, but then when I really want the bass for dubstep and hip hop then I crank it up ^^, if I can get the same thing from another can before the digizoid amps it then I really gotta try it out ^^. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back