V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 5, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #1,636 of 23,366
Quote:
Although I also entered a picture, I think you just won the game. Very Impressive !!!
Here's my submission :

My image seems have generated a fair amount of interest on facebook, but yours still has double the amount of likes.... for now. Game on bro, game on 
wink_face.gif

Jun 5, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #1,639 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm curious about the PRO700MK2- is it so dark that the high end sounds muffled or veiled or is it just not accentuated like Ultrasones?

The highs on the PRO700MK2 are pretty veiled. They are dark sounding headphones, and the treble sparkle is pretty much lost on these cans. Still, the loss of the highs isn't as badly felt as the recessed mid-range.

My HFI 580 on the other hand can be quite harsh at times, and does sound quite sibilant because of that. Still, I prefer the bass response of the Ultrasones. They are tight and punchy without sounding too dark.

Jun 5, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #1,640 of 23,366
Quote:

The highs on the PRO700MK2 are pretty veiled. They are dark sounding headphones, and the treble sparkle is pretty much lost on these cans. Still, the loss of the highs isn't as badly felt as the recessed mid-range.

My HFI 580 on the other hand can be quite harsh at times, and does sound quite sibilant because of that. Still, I prefer the bass response of the Ultrasones. They are tight and punchy without sounding too dark.

Thanks, I have even more resolve to hold out for the release of the M-100 unless the Amperior comes out first AND blows me away with better bass than I am expecting.  Either way, it looks like I will have to survive the month of June without new cans :frowning2:

Jun 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #1,641 of 23,366
Quote:
Thanks, I have even more resolve to hold out for the release of the M-100 unless the Amperior comes out first AND blows me away with better bass than I am expecting.  Either way, it looks like I will have to survive the month of June without new cans :frowning2:

The Amperior looks pretty nice (and the specs on it look pretty nice, too), but at that price I would expect a case and an over the ear design (of which has neither of).

Jun 5, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #1,642 of 23,366
Quote:
My image seems have generated a fair amount of interest on facebook, but yours still has double the amount of likes.... for now. Game on bro, game on 
wink_face.gif

Let the best man/woman win 
biggrin.gif
 ... but Val didn't say that there could be only one winner, just that the picture would be used as an ad, so who knows. ... But I wonder when the winners would be announced ? 

Jun 5, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #1,644 of 23,366
Quote:

Ha, I can see we're in the same dilemma. I'm also considering either the Amperior or the M-100. I've auditioned the HD25-1 before though, and the bass on them is somewhat lacking. Even after boosting its levels with a ZO2.3, I still found it well short of what I'm accustomed to in a basshead can. Let's hope the Amperiors do one better on the bass.

Jun 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #1,646 of 23,366
As an owner of the HD25 and M-80, I'm more hopeful and full of anticipation for the M-100. This is just my guess: that the Amperior would probably sound a little more refined than the HD25... but that's it. It's still the same driver and the biggest caveat when it comes to the HD25 is the lack of soundstage. The M-80 has better soundstage and better mids and this is what has me looking forward to the M-100. There's nothing like space between the instruments and good imaging - I'm expecting the M-100 should have no problem whatsoever in these areas.

Jun 5, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #1,647 of 23,366
Quote:
As an owner of the HD25 and M-80, I'm more hopeful and full of anticipation for the M-100. This is just my guess: that the Amperior would probably sound a little more refined than the HD25... but that's it. It's still the same driver and the biggest caveat when it comes to the HD25 is the lack of soundstage. The M-80 has better soundstage and better mids and this is what has me looking forward to the M-100. There's nothing like space between the instruments and good imaging - I'm expecting the M-100 should have no problem whatsoever in these areas.

Yeah I too believe that the Amperior will just be refined, maybe a little less intimate with a touch more bass impact. They probably won't be substantially better than the HD25-1 II, which is half the price. I believe the M-100 will be a better value, of  course there will be a lot of factors that can't be considered until both are heard ^^. I also shortly tried the M-80 and I personally also liked them more, but I know a good amount of people who would want the near non existent decay and reverb. The HD25 is obnoxiously clean, and, imo, better when paired with a bass boost amp; it is almost the perfect hip hop and dance headphones, never skipping a beat. I still don't find them very versatile, I think they sound best with rock without an amp, but with the Z02.3 they work great for most bass heavy music, including dubstep. Still jazz sucks on the HD25s - -, which is a disappointment. 

Quote:

Ha, I can see we're in the same dilemma. I'm also considering either the Amperior or the M-100. I've auditioned the HD25-1 before though, and the bass on them is somewhat lacking. Even after boosting its levels with a ZO2.3, I still found it well short of what I'm accustomed to in a basshead can. Let's hope the Amperiors do one better on the bass.

woah ? I want some of your basshead cans then XD I thought the Z02.3 sounded great with the HD25 at yellow levels for most music. If I can get more and better bass on basshead cans without an amp then I really want to look into those XD. Still, everyone talks about how the M50 are bass monsters, but personally I found them extremely balanced :/, at least from my iphone. I thought they had a touch more bass on my computer and with a receiver, but not substantially, and still not bass heavy in my eyes, by any means. 
Now if the PRO700mkII and other basshead phones really match the xb500 level then I might just check them out for the hell of it; because the XB500 imo had a pounding bass oriented sound. 

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:04 AM Post #1,648 of 23,366
Quote:
woah ? I want some of your basshead cans then XD I thought the Z02.3 sounded great with the HD25 at yellow levels for most music. If I can get more and better bass on basshead cans without an amp then I really want to look into those XD. Still, everyone talks about how the M50 are bass monsters, but personally I found them extremely balanced :/, at least from my iphone. I thought they had a touch more bass on my computer and with a receiver, but not substantially, and still not bass heavy in my eyes, by any means. 
Now if the PRO700mkII and other basshead phones really match the xb500 level then I might just check them out for the hell of it; because the XB500 imo had a pounding bass oriented sound. 

I actually boosted the HD25-1 to red on my ZO2.3. The bass output certainly improved, but I'm actually accustomed to even greater levels in regards to punch, impact and quantity. I guess I'm really a basshead. :D

Most of my cans have pretty much greater bass quantity than the HD25-1. Quality is a different thing altogether, as I quite like the tight presentation of the Sennheisers. Still, I feel the bass impact of the M50s is just about the same (or slightly less) as the HD25-1 for me, and the AT is sometimes regarded as an entry level basshead can.

The XB500 is a huge step forward from the HD25-1 & M50. If you like the HD25-1, you might want to skip the XB series, as they are all about quantity, and little fidelity. You might want to try the HFI 580s instead. They have increased bass presence whilst retaining some semblance of quality across the mid-range. The treble highs tend to get a little harsh, though.

Jun 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #1,649 of 23,366
Quote:
Let the best man/woman win 
biggrin.gif
 ... but Val didn't say that there could be only one winner, just that the picture would be used as an ad, so who knows. ... But I wonder when the winners would be announced ? 

Good question, I'm in no rush, but I am anxious. Do you even have an iPhone? Because I don't :p I'll probably trade mine for a Go-Dap X because It should work with my modded Android.  Or I'll give it to my photographer friend who was kind enough to take the pictures for me on short notice. Lol I did buy him beer to say thanks :p 

Jun 6, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #1,650 of 23,366
Quote:

Good question, I'm in no rush, but I am anxious. Do you even have an iPhone? Because I don't :p I'll probably trade mine for a Go-Dap X because It should work with my modded Android.  Or I'll give it to my photographer friend who was kind enough to take the pictures for me on short notice. Lol I did buy him beer to say thanks :p 

Assuming that I win, nope. I don't even have an iPhone and would be selling it to go to my next headphone (the LCD-2 or the HE-500). There's a head-fi meet up in Chicago next week and if fortunate enough to get a pair of M100s, I would want to take it there. Not sure if I am going yet though.... but one thing is certain, we need more impressions. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back