V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 13, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #16,592 of 23,366
  Mine has a small blemish/chip on the arm as well (top edge, a little less than 1/4 inch).  Not real noticeable unless you look at it at a certain angle.  I wonder if this is common, someone else mentioned chipping on the earcup arm a few posts back.  Still awesome headpones!!!

One of the things I like about the white silver is there is no chipping issue possible with the exposed metal hinges. 

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #16,594 of 23,366

+1 and I've beaten the crap out of mine and they still look great ! I wear them everyday at the gym ... and I work out hard ....

off topic but i'm just curious why do people like working out with "headphones" not iems or ear buds but earphones?

i see mostly ppl wearing beats and skullcandy at my gym. can't imagine working out with them on, i have my on ear noontecs in the summer with the hot weather (not even moving, my ears are sweating and it gets really uncomfortable)

if your working out your sweating so much, the headband, earpads must get drenched.... why not use iems? Aside from sound quality i just find iems more practical while working out

why do you think people work out with headphones (especially the m-100, if i had a pair, i would be babying them so much, not sweating on them, especially not working out in them) too afraid of them falling off especially while on the treadmill)

Sep 13, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #16,595 of 23,366
^ because the extra mass of the headphone is a workout in itself to keep on your head. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #16,598 of 23,366

off topic but i'm just curious why do people like working out with "headphones" not iems or ear buds but earphones?

i see mostly ppl wearing beats and skullcandy at my gym. can't imagine working out with them on, i have my on ear noontecs in the summer with the hot weather (not even moving, my ears are sweating and it gets really uncomfortable)

if your working out your sweating so much, the headband, earpads must get drenched.... why not use iems? Aside from sound quality i just find iems more practical while working out

why do you think people work out with headphones (especially the m-100, if i had a pair, i would be babying them so much, not sweating on them, especially not working out in them) too afraid of them falling off especially while on the treadmill)

For me, I want the best possible sound when I work out and I haven't found an IEM that can match the spaciousness and bass impact of my circumaurals.

Sep 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #16,599 of 23,366

I wear Edition 8's when working out........leather is easily dried and cleaned as compared to velour. Never liked IEMs much.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #16,600 of 23,366
After playing with it since yesterday, I noticed that the left wingplate seems to be squeaking whenever I adjust the ear cup. It isn't a big issue, but I have slight OCD in that I want everything to be relatively the same. Will tightening the screws on the wingplate fix the squeaking? I don't want to do anything before asking since I've read of people cracking their wingplates and such by doing so.

On another note, is there a specific name (or measurement) for the size of screwdriver that's needed for the wingplates? The ones available to me don't fit so it looks like I'll need to grab one somewhere.

Sep 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #16,601 of 23,366

For me, I want to have the best, strongest sound possible when I'm working out. My workouts are pretty heavy and intense so the music gives me that extra edge (I'm not listening to jazz or classical lol)

Also, I started off with cheap iem's and because I sweat so much, I never could find a solution I was happy with. They always either fell out, or didn't sound good etc.

These days I often wear a towel over my head and put the headphones on that. Obviously it breaks the seal but it does protect them a little more and I still get the big strong sound I need.

Sep 14, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #16,602 of 23,366
ugh... that's just nasty! LOL
Hopefully I wont ever buy a headphone that has been sweat on like that! LOL!

Sep 14, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #16,605 of 23,366
I just got my M-100(my first real pair of headphones) and I was a little disappointing when I opened the box and saw it had previously been opened. It was kind of weird, there was 3 plastic bags, a little red bow, and the cables in the case were just kind of shoved in there. Amazon agreed to send a replacement that will be here Monday. 
Along with the headphones I bought a Xonar DG, which I found out doesn't really work with the trrs connector on the one end of the cables that came with the headphones. I searched this thread and saw someone recommended flipping the cable around, which works for the cable with the phone mic but not the cable with the splitter because the right angle is thicker. I am just going to order a new cable for the pc and keep the others for the phone, any recommendations on a cable without a trrs connector?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back