V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 14, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #16,609 of 23,366
Jer,
I'm sorry to hear that the initial order was wrong; at least Amazon has good customer service and will make it right. I buy used items frequently, but I expect a commensurate price, and even a near-mint unit that is in all practical ways good as new won't have that same opening experience.

I honestly can't remember if the case came inside a bag (inside the box among the foam), but I don't think so, and definitely not 3 bags, and the cables were neatly coiled and tied and tucked into the straps in the case. If I wanted to know for sure what the new opening experience was like, I could watch my unboxing vid on YouTube (I'm Evshrug on there too).

Jmsilva and other exercisers,
I have a pair of Koss KSC75 dedicated to gym use. The sound on them is the most impressive I've heard sub-$50, best bargain headphones, they dont isolate me from outside noise much but they leak very little music to others. They're pretty comfortable (they're clip-ons, so light yet secure) and don't get in the way. They have a lifetime no-questions replacement warranty, but they're so cheap it's easier just to buy another pair. I would buy one of the canalbuds (not a full canalphone) advertised for exercising wear if I wanted better sound quality, but I find I often want to talk with people or my exercise partner if there.

Sep 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #16,610 of 23,366

X2. Please never resell your workout headphones, martybm5!
biggrin.gif

LOL ! Don't worry fellas ..... I'm totally married to my M100's. I don't see selling them ever ....
happy_face1.gif

Sep 14, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #16,612 of 23,366
  After playing with it since yesterday, I noticed that the left wingplate seems to be squeaking whenever I adjust the ear cup. It isn't a big issue, but I have slight OCD in that I want everything to be relatively the same. Will tightening the screws on the wingplate fix the squeaking? I don't want to do anything before asking since I've read of people cracking their wingplates and such by doing so.

On another note, is there a specific name (or measurement) for the size of screwdriver that's needed for the wingplates? The ones available to me don't fit so it looks like I'll need to grab one somewhere.

Well then, I just checked my wingplate...... :|

The #0 Phillips screwdriver I use seems to do the job.

DON'T TIGHTEN THEM TOO TIGHTLY.

Sep 14, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #16,613 of 23,366
I noticed by looking at pictures that the Shadow color have a different headband material than the other colors. Will the material be less durable than the faux-leather material on the other colors?

I don't have any issues with my Shadow M100's, and I'm not very gentle with them. The headband material seems quite durable as I haven't noticed any wear, but I can't make comparisons.  

Sep 15, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #16,615 of 23,366
Ok, I'm not selling my M-100, luv 'em, great own the go or for a "fun" can, but I think it's interesting how much less the flat, unpadded, leather headband of this K712 Pro I'm wearing now (for almost 5 hours straight) is less irritating and more comfortable than the M-100 headband is for me after about 45 minutes?

Sep 15, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #16,617 of 23,366
I noticed by looking at pictures that the Shadow color have a different headband material than the other colors. Will the material be less durable than the faux-leather material on the other colors?

I have had the V-MODA V-80, which has the suede Shadow headband, for almost 2 years now and there is no noticeable wear on them beyond some light discoloration. The faux leather headband on my White M-100, which is my replacement pair I got in January of this year, already has spots which have worn through into the foam padding. I fixed the tears with liquid leather.

Sep 15, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #16,620 of 23,366
That's actually a quite interesting observation. I was sure it would be the opposite. Thanks for the info.

I should add the caveat that I use my M-100 a lot more than the V-80. It's mostly a comfort issue, although I still enjoy both. Although I've owned the V-80 longer, I've probably given about equal head-time to both headphones.

How well do these cancel oustside noise. Ib particular on a subway or bus

They perform well enough. It won't completely isolate like a pair of IEMs will, but I use my M-100 daily on the subway and, with the exception of obnoxiously loud people, the high-pitched squeal of brakes or the boomy rumble of old train wheels upon older train tracks, you'll be able to enjoy your twerking videos in relative peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back