V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 17, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #16,186 of 23,366
Ok mini Tuono and CoilPro Cable review:

The Box:

Contents:

Unboxed, the coil part is only 12 inches long for the CoilPro.  The Tuono is about 3.75 inches.  The CoilPro texture is very similar to the Sennheiser Momentum and NuForce Transient cable, and it is about 4mm thick.  Both end of it's plug also has a spring on it.

Close up on the plug end, the 1/4" adapter is screw on.

However, the headphone end is not universal.  It has a nub like the v-cork, which require a quarter turn to have it lock into place.  I guess you can just cut it off for other headphones if require.

The Tuono is a lot shorter than it looks, and I think this is why it wasn't designed to be right angled.

All setup and ready to rock again.

Aug 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #16,189 of 23,366
Aug 17, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #16,190 of 23,366
Aug 17, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #16,192 of 23,366
Quote:
I have exactly the setup you're talking about, Naz. Here is what works and what doesn't:

The E17 works flawlessly. The E07 worked with the SIII but does *not* work with the S4. USB audio works very well if you enable audio accessories. The only other thing you'll need is either a micro-USB-to-mini-USB OTG cable or a standard-USB-female-to-micro-USB-male OTG cable to use with the cable that ships with the E17. An example of an all-in-one cable is the FiiO L15, which I don't own.

FiiO will also introduce the E18 in September or after; it's a new Android DAC that we won't be able to check for compatibility until it's out. It features a built-in charger and a better DAC chip than the E17 but will be more expensive.

There is also a $30 dedicated Sabre DAC that's said to work with the volume buttons of the S4 without an amp. I have one on order and will let you know how it sounds and how well it works.

Brilliant :)  I think I'll wait to see what the E18 will bring as I would love the Dac/Amp to also have a built in charger! And.. as I don't have the money for a Vamp Veraz. I can't wait to hear how the Sabre DAC goes :)   <3 cheers

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #16,193 of 23,366
Hey all, I got my own set of M-100s about two months ago and they are far better then I thought! It was love at first hear but its only gotten better since but I am curious about what an amp could do. I'm rather interested in the Vamp in particular. I currently have an S3 and use it as my primary music source since I don't spend much time at home.

How does the Vamp stack up compared to others?

ps.
Sorry about the noob question. I've just recently started to get into this hobby and there is just so much to try and wrap my mind around. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #16,197 of 23,366
Quote:
Yay, thanks for posting that! I just ordered mine. I can't wait to try it out!

It says it comes shipped with Gunmetal Black colour Faders (at least it did for my order).

My order also included the Gunmetal Black Faders. Did you use the coupon code VThePeople? Saved me few dollars. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #16,198 of 23,366
Quote:

My order also included the Gunmetal Black Faders. Did you use the coupon code VThePeople? Saved me few dollars. 

What? It works? 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back