V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 18, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #16,201 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Yay, thanks for posting that! I just ordered mine. I can't wait to try it out!

It says it comes shipped with Gunmetal Black colour Faders (at least it did for my order).

My order also included the Gunmetal Black Faders. Did you use the coupon code VThePeople? Saved me few dollars. 

Mhmm. I applied it and it worked for me. 'Tis very generous of V-MODA.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #16,204 of 23,366
Hi everyone,

I've been following this thread for a couple of months now and am the very happy owner of a pair of white/silver M-100s. I'm really keen to pre-order the XL pads, but there seems to be no choice of colour on the order page and I really would prefer grey ones. From past user experience with pre-ordering from V-MODA, has anyone found that options can be added later (before an item is shipped) or do you think only the black ones are going to be available until they officially go "live" to the public? Many thanks. :)

Aug 18, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #16,205 of 23,366
Quote:
Hi everyone,

I've been following this thread for a couple of months now and am the very happy owner of a pair of white/silver M-100s. I'm really keen to pre-order the XL pads, but there seems to be no choice of colour on the order page and I really would prefer grey ones. From past user experience with pre-ordering from V-MODA, has anyone found that options can be added later (before an item is shipped) or do you think only the black ones are going to be available until they officially go "live" to the public? Many thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

I picked up on that too.

I, too, have a pair of white M-100's, but I'm actually after the black coloured XL pads for them, to go with my black cable, which I'll have ordered soon, along with the matte black faceplates.

Aug 18, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #16,206 of 23,366
I picked up on that too.

I, too, have a pair of white M-100's, but I'm actually after the black coloured XL pads for them, to go with my black cable, which I'll have ordered soon, along with the matte black faceplates.

That sounds like a striking combination, I was going to order the brushed metal shields but you've given me food for thought now. It's a shame we can't change the wingplates on the M-100s to finish the look.

Aug 18, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #16,207 of 23,366
Quote:
That sounds like a striking combination, I was going to order the brushed metal shields but you've given me food for thought now. It's a shame we can't change the wingplates on the M-100s to finish the look.

Yeah, I thought about it, and was going to go with brushed aluminium plates, but then I thought...it would look out of place as the whole framework is in a matte cream/pearl white design. Matte black will look fine.

It kind of sucks that the wingplates can't be changed...it would make the headphones look more alligned with its colour co-ordination. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 6:55 AM Post #16,208 of 23,366
Yeah, I thought about it, and was going to go with brushed aluminium plates, but then I thought...it would look out of place as the whole framework is in a matte cream/pearl white design. Matte black will look fine.

It kind of sucks that the wingplates can't be changed...it would make the headphones look more alligned with its colour co-ordination. 

Exactly. If you're going to accessorise, you either need to have things match neatly or go the complete opposite and have a striking difference.

I must admit, I've looked at the matte black shields a few times and really liked them as I'm not keen on how shiny and reflective the coloured shields are. The brushed metal, as you say, could look like poor colour matching.

Sometimes I wish I'd ordered the black phones as it would make accessorising so much easier, but I do love the look of the white/silvers.

Aug 18, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #16,209 of 23,366
Quote:
Exactly. If you're going to accessorise, you either need to have things match neatly or go the complete opposite and have a striking difference.

I must admit, I've looked at the matte black shields a few times and really liked them as I'm not keen on how shiny and reflective the coloured shields are. The brushed metal, as you say, could look like poor colour matching.

Sometimes I wish I'd ordered the black phones as it would make accessorising so much easier, but I do love the look of the white/silvers.

Yeah, exactly!

I've considered what you were considering, which was the brushed aluminium plates, but I could not come to think that it would look appealing, or not out of theme.

With the matte black M-100, I'd love to use the matte silver Y-shaped cup holders of the white M-100's, on the matte black M-100's, and use gun metal faceplates. I think that'd look pretty cool, but it is near impossible to do, unless I was a hardcore modder, or had the time, effort and patience to do so, or better yet, have enough money to pull off that feat with two pairs of M-100's. 

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #16,212 of 23,366
Quote:

1146396_10151852397933092_1051384195_o.jpg

Here's a picture I found off V-Moda's Facebook page.
The White M-100's with matte black faceplates. Looks badass!

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #16,213 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey all, I got my own set of M-100s about two months ago and they are far better then I thought! It was love at first hear but its only gotten better since but I am curious about what an amp could do. I'm rather interested in the Vamp in particular. I currently have an S3 and use it as my primary music source since I don't spend much time at home.

How does the Vamp stack up compared to others?

ps.
Sorry about the noob question. I've just recently started to get into this hobby and there is just so much to try and wrap my mind around. 

I own Vamp and Verza and previously owned the FiiO E11 and ZO2.  For the S3, I believe you are referring to Verza since Vamp is dedicated to only fit the Iphone 4/4S.  IMO, if your budget allows, Verza would be the best fit and sound for your S3 provided you don't plan to upgrade to the S4 anytime soon as it, or most DAC/amps are not currently compatible due to a design choice by Samsung.  As a reminder, you would also need to purchase the Metallo case along with Verza for a $700 investment.  You may want to start with something like the JDS Labs C5 or FiiO E12 which are both under $200.

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #16,214 of 23,366
Some of you may remember me from before, when we first ordered the M-100's. I complained back then about how I got headaches from using them for more than around 45 minutes, and talked about how I would probably wait for the larger pads.

Well, now they're here - can anyone tell me what to expect from them? Is it simply more comfort, or will they positively impact the sound? If so, does it just mean the sound sig will be more balanced? 

I really want to give them another shot, but I don't want to be burned like before, because even though I mostly loved their looks and sound, they fell a bit flat on midrange and comfort, and I'm hoping this sale and pre-order can alleviate my worries...

Can anyone comment?

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #16,215 of 23,366
Some of you may remember me from before, when we first ordered the M-100's. I complained back then about how I got headaches from using them for more than around 45 minutes, and talked about how I would probably wait for the larger pads.

Well, now they're here - can anyone tell me what to expect from them? Is it simply more comfort, or will they positively impact the sound? If so, does it just mean the sound sig will be more balanced? 

I really want to give them another shot, but I don't want to be burned like before, because even though I mostly loved their looks and sound, they fell a bit flat on midrange and comfort, and I'm hoping this sale and pre-order can alleviate my worries...

Can anyone comment?

They won't be shipping for another 6-8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back