V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #16,231 of 23,366
Does anyone have experience with prior pre-releases?  Does it really take 6-8 weeks to get your ordered item(in this case xl pads).  Seems like with all the work Val put into developing these he wouldn't offer them on pre-release until they were almost ready to ship and he had some to sell. 

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #16,234 of 23,366
Guess the adaptors for the pads I made are no longer needed 
redface.gif

Does anyone know if ordering the XL pads from the UK means paying customs? or will it be below the minimum?

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #16,235 of 23,366
Guess the adaptors for the pads I made are no longer needed 
redface.gif

Does anyone know if ordering the XL pads from the UK means paying customs? or will it be below the minimum?

At $20, they're under the allowance which is currently £15, so you shouldn't get stung for any extra charges.

I've ordered some custom shields and a cable at the same time as the pads though, so I'll be over the limit if they check the package at customs. What really irks me isn't the VAT I'll have to pay, but the greedy handling charge that gets added on. It's at least £8 even if the actual VAT due is tiny.

Aug 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #16,236 of 23,366
Quote:
i was wondering how is the M-100's isolation from ambient noise
compared to average IEM, and compared to the AKG K518...anyone? :)

Even though they are closed headphones, they aren't not that great for isolation.  I've never had the K518s so I can't compare directly, but it's pretty easy to hear what's going on around you with the music off and the M100s on my head compared to something like my GR07 IEMs.  Neither are particularly good at isolation really...not one of my priorities I guess.

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #16,237 of 23,366
Even though they are closed headphones, they aren't not that great for isolation.

So... They're not not-great, or they're not great? Double negatives are confusing.

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #16,241 of 23,366
Quote:
lol. Isolation is about average for a closed headphone. It would probably be better if the cups swivelled a bit, so that they sealed better behind the jawline.

Quote:
Yep isolation isn't that great. It's ok.

Quote:

Even though they are closed headphones, they aren't not that great for isolation.  I've never had the K518s so I can't compare directly, but it's pretty easy to hear what's going on around you with the music off and the M100s on my head compared to something like my GR07 IEMs.  Neither are particularly good at isolation really...not one of my priorities I guess.

So does that mean that the M-100 are not suitable for bus-commuting purposes?
and walking around busy streets?
will the volume have to be pumped up to a dangerous level?

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #16,242 of 23,366
Quote:

So does that mean that the M-100 are not suitable for bus-commuting purposes?
and walking around busy streets?
will the volume have to be pumped up to a dangerous level?

Not good for buses at all. Most headphones, in my experience, don't isolate very well from the low drone of a bus engine, especially if you're sitting at the very back

Aug 19, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #16,245 of 23,366
Quote:
I actually use my rig on the bus every weekday.
tongue.gif

iPhone 4S -> FiiO L9 -> JDS Labs C5 (high gain, volume 3/63, bass boost on) is loud enough for me.

Careful my friend, hearing damage lasts a lifetime and cannot be reversed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back