V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #15,919 of 23,366
One of my hinges seemed to have crapped out on me. I exchanged my first pair with Amazon because of a bad hinge and the replacement I got was fine up until now. Now, the hinge rarely snaps into place anymore (both ways) and most of the time, it doesn't click when I extend it from it's folded position anymore. Was there a bad batch of hinges or something or was I just seriously unlucky? Anyone know what I can do to fix it? On another note, does V-Moda send out replacement hinges so we can repair them ourselves, since it seems like it's pretty easy to do? The 30 day period is up so I can't go through Amazon anymore :/

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #15,920 of 23,366
Quote:
One of my hinges seemed to have crapped out on me. I exchanged my first pair with Amazon because of a bad hinge and the replacement I got was fine up until now. Now, the hinge rarely snaps into place anymore (both ways) and most of the time, it doesn't click when I extend it from it's folded position anymore. Was there a bad batch of hinges or something or was I just seriously unlucky? Anyone know what I can do to fix it? On another note, does V-Moda send out replacement hinges so we can repair them ourselves, since it seems like it's pretty easy to do? The 30 day period is up so I can't go through Amazon anymore :/

The easy thing to do is take a pair of needle nose pliers and tighten the bolt that is on the inside part of the hinges. For some reason, sometimes that bolt gets loose. That bolt is the part that controls the clicking sound and tightness of the fold.

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #15,921 of 23,366
The easy thing to do is take a pair of needle nose pliers and tighten the bolt that is on the inside part of the hinges. For some reason, sometimes that bolt gets loose. That bolt is the part that controls the clicking sound and tightness of the fold.
Thanks for the reply. I tried doing what you suggested and it only seemed to increase the folding resistance and didn't seem to help fix the click and snap issue I'm having. I played around with it some more and I found that I can make it click more often if I quickly and forcefully snap it back into place manually, but there's a bit too much force required and makes it feel like I'll eventually break the hinge completely. Nothing I can do about the no-snapping thing though.

I rechecked my Amazon order and it seems I actually have until next week to return or exchange it. I've already exchanged a pair once at Amazon and it was a headache that costed me ~$40 in currency exchange fees. Would it be advisable to go through V-Moda directly?

Aug 8, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #15,922 of 23,366
Quote:
I rechecked my Amazon order and it seems I actually have until next week to return or exchange it. I've already exchanged a pair once at Amazon and it was a headache that costed me ~$40 in currency exchange fees. Would it be advisable to go through V-Moda directly?

Yes.

Aug 8, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #15,924 of 23,366
Quote:
My question to you gentlemen: Is the V Moda 100 the bassiest out there? Ive already bought and sold the xb700, k181dj, and hdj2000. I NEED BASS.

Bassiest? No. You should try Ultrasone Pro or the new Skullcandy Crusher.

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #15,927 of 23,366
Quote:
My question to you gentlemen: Is the V Moda 100 the bassiest out there? Ive already bought and sold the xb700, k181dj, and hdj2000. I NEED BASS.

You mean the bassiest headphone period?  Heck no.

Aug 8, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #15,929 of 23,366
Quote:

Been hearing about the ultrasone pros for a while but the skullcrushers are garbage! Is that even a serious response or are you just trolling on account of being sick of bass related inquiries?

You asked what headphones were the "bassiest", not which ones would have great sound.  Maybe try listing all of your preferences and you'll get a more tailored response.  What I would try to avoid is asking questions and then criticizing the responses you get.  Doesn't really encourage the sharing of opinions.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back