V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 8, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #15,902 of 23,366
Quote:
(scratches head)
I wonder what the special news could be?

there is a lot of special news coming in the next few months, three (maybe four) of them I am really excited about ;> and one stands out to me more than the others as it was a dream of mine over 9 years ago that is finally coming true October 5th.  Again, it is not a product... but it is very special to me and will be more special to you with a LONG-TERM VISION.

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #15,903 of 23,366
Quote:

there is a lot of special news coming in the next few months, three (maybe four) of them I am really excited about ;> and one stands out to me more than the others as it was a dream of mine over 9 years ago that is finally coming true October 5th.

It's official gang, Val's getting married to his DJ girlfriend
I wager 10 bones that I'm right
tongue.gif

Aug 8, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #15,904 of 23,366
Hmm, that is interesting, I wonder how the pad #2 looks like that bring such a change. :p I personally like a healthy dose of low-mids (the reason I haven't jumped on M100 as the lack of low-mid presence has thrown me off based on experienced listener's testimonials). Ideally if just looking at the paper I had probably expected myself at least to prefer something that would be in-between 2 and 4. Number 2 looks a little too drastic and the 4 line again looks a little "unsmooth".

What kind of scaling is that in the pic btw, are we talking 3-4dB variety between the valley and peak in #6? If so it doesn't sound too bad, at least I remember there was an even bigger difference with stock pads (~5dB).

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #15,906 of 23,366
Quote:
Hmm, that is interesting, I wonder how the pad #2 looks like that bring such a change. :p I personally like a healthy dose of low-mids (the reason I haven't jumped on M100 as the lack of low-mid presence has thrown me off based on experienced listener's testimonials). Ideally if just looking at the paper I had probably expected myself at least to prefer something that would be in-between 2 and 4. Number 2 looks a little too drastic and the 4 line again looks a little "unsmooth".

What kind of scaling is that in the pic btw, are we talking 3-4dB variety between the valley and peak in #6? If so it doesn't sound too bad, at least I remember there was an even bigger difference with stock pads (~5dB).

As Val said, you can't just go by the graph.  You may be doing yourself a disservice by denying yourself the listening experience of the M-100 based on a frequency chart.  I have been reading your comments for months about the M-100 and analyzing the sound second-hand based on reviews and frequency charts.  There is no substitute for the listening experience, go for it!

Aug 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #15,907 of 23,366
As Val said, you can't just go by the graph.  You may be doing yourself a disservice by denying yourself the listening experience of the M-100 based on a frequency chart.  I have been reading your comments for months about the M-100 and analyzing the sound second-hand based on reviews and frequency charts.  There is no substitute for the listening experience, go for it!

I agree!

Aug 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #15,912 of 23,366
Does anyone use the Boom Pro Mic in Windows? It works flawlessly on Mac but Windows can't detect it for some reason. I'm trying to play a game of Sanctum 2 with a fellow Head-Fier. :p

Windows only detects my MacBook Pro's Cirrus Logic on-board microphone.

I don't think people found a solution yet for it. It seems they have tried different drivers but with no success. Doesn't look like Apple is doing anything about it yet, as it pertains to Windows and not Mac OSX.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3369017

Bah. Maybe I'll go over to a local Apple Store and/or Microsoft Store downstairs and ask some Genius if there is a solution. Dat's pretty lame.

On another note, Sanctum 2 has a funky built-in text-to-speech chat feature that it uses by default. Funny stuff.

Wow, is there a Microsoft store near you? What I'd suggest is find out what cirrus logic component is used by the MacBook (apple would be helpful with that, but it sounds like you already can see it listed in Windows), and then either visit MS Store or google for drivers to your cirrus part. Mine has separate ports, but then the only times I used a mic I was also using Creative's Recon3D USB, which had it's own mic-in and drivers (for both platforms).

It's a good question, for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back